test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stream PVP and make a World Championships

thebenetratorthebenetrator Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Streaming anything online now requires minimal investment... so I hope the devs would consider organizing and streaming a PVP world championship or regional tournaments, or heck just stream random solo matches at a certain time... the players would like the attention and the viewers would like the drama... heck id be trash talking and all that to promote pvp like they do in boxing and mma

This would be an excellent way to get people excited to get in the game, look at all the big games now raking in millions and dishing out actually prize money from these kinds of activities

Now before people all go bonkers here decrying broken items, there would be special rules in place not to use certain broken items, using them would mean disqualification and public shaming hahahahha

Just a thought ^^

Come on devs just a little thing can go a long way. We got good PVP players and people would be excited to show the world what they got

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    who exactly decides what items are broken here? there are plenty of hampster players that dont consider anything broken
    and a lot of player dont even care about public shaming either.

until drains are removed from the pvp and certain items fixed or an actual Pvp season that promotes a premade 5 v 5 or a gualtlygyrm 10 v 10 i dont think this is happening any time soon : (
  • kegsondeck#2000 kegsondeck Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    This is a great idea. I would definitely make sure to Q up during those times and also have the stream up. Plus it would be cool to see players from other platforms - finally putting to bed the issue of which platform has the best PvP players.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User

This is a great idea. I would definitely make sure to Q up during those times and also have the stream up. Plus it would be cool to see players from other platforms - finally putting to bed the issue of which platform has the best PvP players.

there will be no cross platform pvp possible ever i dont know where you get that idea : d.. not that i am against it ..
    consoles are always on a totally different version of the game as pc players..aside from cross platform legalities ..
    also pc players have the advantage and always will

keyboard ,mouse
    Target locking
    jump attacking / dodging
    adjusting field of view
    more key binds etc
    (less lag possibly)
    olded pvp veterans
  • kegsondeck#2000 kegsondeck Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    > @kalina311 said:
    > (Quote)
    > there will be no cross platform pvp possible ever i dont know where you get that idea : d.. not that i am against it ..

Yeah, I never said cross platform; you just inferred it, not sure where you get that idea?

I was merely noting we could watch games from other platforms.. I hop on twitch every so often and always try to talk people into Q'ing PvP just to watch a game or two on another platform out of curiosity; I see the same players all the time on Xbox.

I do agree PC would have an advantage due to keyboard and mouse etc. but not from 'being an old veteran" I would bet I have as many player kills as anyone you'd call a 'veteran' ;)
  • thebenetratorthebenetrator Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    To all the negative talkers, are you the developers?

If you want change then always being negative and looking at the problems will get you all nowhere

End of the day this is something we all want right? So just say YES COME ON DEVS DO IT, and let them work on the problems
  • thebenetratorthebenetrator Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    mp3#7878 said:

Streaming PVP isn't difficult, Developers need to make a Spectator mode, we can ADD a HLTV function to that, and link it with a twitch stream.. its fairly possible to do, or bring back premades, and we can have individuals stream PVP so others can see.

Yeah, all it takes is someone to moderate it. I remember watching Quake TV and really enjoying the commentary, matches were scheduled on a mutual time by teams, and then streamed
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    ...on pc playerbase is reduced by near 60% from season 1 to now. Last season we had 27 pages with ppl doing at least the few matches to count on the leaderboard now we have only 11...there are barely 100 ppl left doing pvp on pc and for guys like me (European time) the que never pops during my day time...we have to wait till US time...the few matches I was able to do this season were all pretty late for me mostly around 00.00 - 03.00 a.m. and then only 1 or 2 matches happen mostly with awefull matchmaking...I wonder if something like that would bring enough premade´s back to make it working...

Huge difference to the games u mentioned: sure here and there u have to know ur class vs. alot of classes + their counter and the best teamwork wins but in games like LoL all start at zero and have to work during the match to get gold for better gear...in NW u que with all the broken hampster stuff u can get + endless list of things not working how they should...AND....NW is pve so devs focus is not even 10% on pvp and maybe much less with that low playerbase...LoL or DOTA aso. are pure pvp games with strong support
    Post edited by aixis2000 on