test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level 80 (endgame) content ?

pantha7pantha7 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
Random queues are old dungeons and skirmishes for levels 70 and 64....aaand endgame players are forced to repeat the same stuff over and over again ?
You could turn some old dungeons to level 80 like throne of idris or frozen heart....Whyy you are so lazy cryptic devs ..whyyyy ? the only thing you know pretty good to release is cash grabbing refinement packs and lockboxes !

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Well, they turned the old leveling dungeons into events aimed at endgamers. What more do you want?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    As well as creating a new trial only for end gamers.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    If you seek a challenge, you can try playing low level dungeons without bondings :)
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    As I understand it the dev team for neverwinter is pretty sparse, as cryptic is focusing on some other game right now. This really hurts their ability to create mass quantities of great challenging content for the lvl 80 endgamers.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

This really hurts their ability to create mass quantities of great challenging content

We keep telling ourselves that the content isn't there because of "its a skeleton crew right now" but is that really the reason?

Every mod for ages has brought us the same combination of either a dungeon/skirm/trial, a campaign of some form, and an "extra" event ie WE/FE/ME/RE/HE/DE etc etc.

M17 feels light for sure but it's not really that much smaller than M15.
    M9 was not a huge or deep mod.
    M8 wasn't huge. Yes it brought 2 skirms people hated, demonics and Demo. None of those queueable pieces are as deeply involved as a dungeon. It's a 1 room event.
    M7 brought us Strongholds. So dragonflight. And more dragonflight. I wouldn't call that a deep mod.

I've seen games developed by small teams in the past that were deep and innovative. I'm not excusing the lack of content here on team size.

I say it's lack of innovation. We get the same rehashed patterns. [some form of] encounters, 1 piece of group content, etc etc. Each mod is the same story. We're all just so used to it that it feels like same old thing and 2 weeks after we start, we're either done with it or wishing it was over.

M18 is going to be an important mod for NW in terms of retainment. Especially on console where I see new mmo options popping up more frequently and fewer players logging on.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I'm counting down till friday when M18 goes to preview. I'll look at it and see just how it's going to be.

For me, the biggest issue is the constant nerfing of classes, rather than buffing up the ones that aren't really playable. I had a really nice hybrid tank/heal/dps pally in mod 15(I started at mod12, or 12b, whichever one where T9 was the endgame dungeon). By the time I had everything but Omu/Chult finished he was pretty good- in solo play. In the epic dungeons though, I felt like lacked, but I also didn't have max rank enchants or max rank bondings.

I personally really liked the campaign for mod 16. No time gating was my favorite thing about it, after the lack of repeatable quests. That is one thing that really bothered me about all the other campaigns, time gating, and the rinse repeat cycle.

What I would like to see for mod 20/21(since even 19 is basically finished as I understand it) is a huge campaign map with no time gating, no repeatable quests, and that gets progressively harder. Maybe even(dare I say it) a new level cap. I would also like to see some new feats, or maybe even a return to the mod 15 feat trees etc... And for the love of the gods, no more nerfing of classes, or anything else. New artifacts with higher IL should be better than older sets(such as Orcus set).

Of course scaling must be removed from the older content, cuz as it stands now the scaling just screws up the old stuff big time. Theres no reason for a group of level 80 toons to not be able to finish edemo, or tiamat. And yet that is exactly what is happening(on xbox anyhow) way too often.