test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Intro Quest missing sparkling trail to Crypt

utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
edited October 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
After bridge fight, players are dropped off in PE as far as possible from the Crypt without a trail to it. Knox and Makos are there, but you can't speak to them - they serve no purpose for the continuation of quest.

For existing NW players, this is no big deal, but this must be incredibly frustrating for new players.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited October 2019

After bridge fight, players are dropped off in PE as far as possible from the Crypt without a trail to it. Knox and Makos are there, but you can't speak to them - they serve no purpose for the continuation of quest.

For existing NW players, this is no big deal, but this must be incredibly frustrating for new players.

I created 2 characters for the recruitment event. If I remember correctly, after the bridge fight, I was dropped to where Knox is standing normally now with Alfred next to him (may be Makos was also there). I talked to Knox and he asked Alfred to lend his horse to me so that I could ride that to the Crypt to check out the crown. I don't remember clearly if there was sparkling trail or not but I think there were.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    As of today, after bridge fight, you get cutscene of Makos and you walking up to Knox. Immediately after cutscene, you get a horse and a prompt over the slot to use to mount it. Can not speak with anyone there and no trail to Crypt (mounted or not). This was observed on 2 different characters today on 2 different Win10 PCs (one char just right now). Might be worth looking into for new players since this is part of intro quest. Thanks.
  • helmholtz#5071 helmholtz Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have experienced this too, being a new player I don't know where the crypt is..tried looking but didn't see anything.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    On the new characters I created for the Neverember event, both had the sparkly trail but I'll try to repro it for escalation!
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    On Sunday, I created another character. This time the mount didn't automatically appear. I had to speak to Knox. Still no sparkling trail though.