test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapon / Armor enchantments potency marks

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
edited October 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
Currently Mark of potency rank 7 is cheaper than rank 6, due the lack of demand. One is used used in rank 15 regular enchants.

Weapon and armor enchant need 10 Marks of potency rank 6 to upgrade from 12 to 13.
And 15 marks rank 6 to upgrade from 13 to 14.

I suggest to make the 13 to 14 upgrade of armor and weapon enchants take 12 marks of rank 7 instead of 15 rank 6.

This is the exact total sum, but it will create some demand to rank 7 marks, so the market doesn't look silly.

@asterdahl

In short:

Current 13->14

15 MOPS 6

Suggested 13->14

12 MOPS 7

Comments

• Options
    motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    given that weapon enchants are far less powerful than pre mod 16 and given the minimal difference between an r12 weapon enchantment and an r14 enchant, I find the weapon enchantment upgrade cost just silly. Same for armor enchants. The upgrade costs should be reduced significantly, to match the usefulness.
  • Options
    kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    In general I agree and a similar problem there is with stones rank 7 (orange ones). Would be helpful to have other sources of marks as well, not only from the bazar, lockboxes (very low actually) and challenge campaigns. Since Dread Ring Lairs are helpful in terms of stones (rank 3, 4 and 5 - green, blu and purple) would be welcome if the gloves (in the same lairs) can allow to drop marks rank 3, 4 and 5. Actually there is only a chance to drop them (and it's extremely low) while most of the times the drop is about stones for RP. There already was an upgrade regarding RP stones dropping from killed mobs and an upgrade of dropping marks is needed.
  • Options
    kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    EDIT: the droprate for Preservation Wards from Dungeons (as a dungeon coffer rewards) should be increased since the only source is the Zen market (the invokes chance and quantity is very low and won't never be enough). This is also a way to reward people who are actually doing dungeons and queues.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User
    They have to keep the supply of some of them very low in order to get people to open lock boxes which is the only reliable way, or at least more reliable than hoping to get them in other ways.

The OP is correct tho, in that MP 7s are cheap as chips because they are not nearly as in demand as the lower ones.

I have simply stopped upgrading weapon and armour enchants now besides taking so many refinements the 1% forces you to use a Coalescent even when upgrading lower ranks. It's simply not worth the cost.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    actually you are not forced to use a coal ward. on average using pres wards for the 1% chance will actually be cheaper in the long range. the math was posted a while back in the original thread about the changes but while yes it could take the entire 150 pres wards your going to average around the high 70 - high 80 rate for those 1% chances.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    akemnos said:

actually you are not forced to use a coal ward. on average using pres wards for the 1% chance will actually be cheaper in the long range. the math was posted a while back in the original thread about the changes but while yes it could take the entire 150 pres wards your going to average around the high 70 - high 80 rate for those 1% chances.

Yes, it does not make sense to buy C-ward anymore. I use C-ward for 1% because otherwise, there is no better choice to spend existing C-ward (there is no 0.5% yet). I have many C-ward from invocation boxes. I am now acting like spending C-ward for 1% to save P-ward. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***