test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ZEN store companions

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
edited October 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
Anyone really buys those? They are overpriced (even with 40% discount) and outdated.

Perhaps they all should be all set to epic / legendary and adjusted in price, so players can decide what is better for them, upgrade a drop or buy one already high rank from the ZEN shop. With the selection added, or add the selection packs, like from the old lock-boxes.

I believe it will not leave a good impression on a paying customer to buy a companion there only to find out their normal value is at least 2 times cheaper and in some cases 10 times. Especially for mostly useless companions.

Also "The boundle has Bondings rank 7" yeah.... Rank 7 Bondings....

Comments

• oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    It's not just companions that are an over priced an useless part of the Zen store, anything that isn't an account wide unlock should be removed from the Zen store and placed in the Wondrous Bazaar at appropriate prices / rarity.

I don't see why anything other than an account wide perk ( like mounts / packs / VIP or companions if they were made account wide ), account upgrade ( like char slots / shared bank space ) or one time purchase exclusive cosmetic like the old Zen store fashion sets should even exist in the Zen store. The obvious exceptions being items that are fair to be sold for real money like bags for inventory space, lockbox keys and MAYBE wards but i disagree with not having wards at least also available in the WB.

A Zen store overhaul is about 4 years overdue.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Not sure if it's from the event, but the level up bags you get now include 3x Rank 7 bondings. They are BtC but still.

The only time in years that Zen pets were worth anything was last year when Tigermania swept the land. Then they took an arrow to the knee.

Honestly, the Gith pack (for the unlocks not the race) is the only worthwhile thing added in a long long time.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Yeah, I have the packs and zen mounts because of the account unlocks. Ironically I only play very few chars, but still an unlock is an unlock.

The one time use stuff, except the services stuff, is much less alluring (as in not at all).
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Never bought a companion from the zen store.
    Never will (not even an updated "chultan tiger"), at least not if the purchase is per character.

Only would by a zen companion (at the same price as now, not at some ridiculously increased price), if the companion would be account-wide.

Same with packs. I have all packs with account-wide unlocks, even the mediocre ones (new gith pack is a good deal btw).
    I would probably buy a new class-booster pack, if they resurrect that sort of merchandise.
    But I did not buy any of the packs for single characters - such a bad deal, so sad.

I bought some bank slots per character, because the price was decent (not good), keeping in mind that more slots are quite convenient.

And on my main and my most often played alt I bought two extra loadouts.

Otherwise, I find the items in the zen store not particularly useful and heavily overpriced (in relation to their usefulness)