test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gith Fighter repeatedly gets stuck in "Combat".

mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
This has only started happening recently, as in the past couple of days.
At random points after a fight my Gith Fighter (Tank build) gets stuck in combat mode and cannot use Mount, or interact with anything in the game that is not combat.
Every three or four seconds the character flips into normal mode and Mount icon lights up but immediately blacks out again for another few seconds and it's back into combat stance.
This applies in the Gear screen as "Unequip" flashes on briefly before going back to blacked out as well.

Sometimes jumping or blocking for a while alleviates this issue, but otherwise I have to find something to kill in the hope it resets, (which it does about 1/4 of the time) though I had 2 instances this morning where nothing would get me out of combat mode other than quitting the game and logging back in again.

I've been through the "Unequip" routine, and nothing has helped.

Comments

• skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I've recently seen something about focused retaliation boon causing people to stay in combat even with no more enemies around, do you happen to have that boon?
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

I've recently seen something about focused retaliation boon causing people to stay in combat even with no more enemies around, do you happen to have that boon?

I've had this character just two weeks...
    A couple of days ago I unlocked my first Master Boon... guess what I chose!

Thanks for that info, I'll switch it out and give Enhanced Application a try, and since I want to change a couple of Feats anyway I won't be wasting a re-roll.
    If that works I'll report back.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Changed that out and it has helped, but not completely fixed the issue.
    Still occasionally find myself stuck in combat mode, but nowhere near as often.

From what I gather from the notes, Enhanced Application only triggers when you are below 30% HP.
    Since I'm still running DR, and Sharandar for Campaign completion, I'm certain that my toon has not gone below 30% HP during the past day. (I went and made coffee and got ambushed by mobs in DR, and by the time I got back my HP had only dropped by about 5%) So it doesn't appear to happen when the Boon is triggered, as I don't think I've been in a position to actually trigger it yet.

But it is much more manageable now.