test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

searing javelin

the problem i have with this power is the cast time is too long.....if theres another halfway decent dps in my group i find my cleric spamming SJ over and over with no hit and the power not going on cooldown....though the audio for the power goes "SHING SHING SHING SHING SHING!" nothing happens and i dont get to do any damage.
Parwen Valerian DC
Rekk Talent OP
Tagged:

Comments

• bibsimbibsim Member Posts: 2 New User
    I've been playing arbiter for some time and i think the fix for this problem is quite simple.
    The problem with the spell is that it doesn't work like all the other cleric targetted spell. It's the only one that cancels if the enemy dies. Even if the cast time is finished and you see the spell going out, other enemies around your target wont take damage and you'll lose time and DPS. Some might say that the solution is to just target enemies that are not about to die, but the targetting system doesn't really allow that kind of precision with a pack of mobs.
    As i was saying the fix is quite simple and there are two ways for doing it. Either allow the spell to cast even if the enemy dies any moment after the beginning of the spell. Either just make the spell a non targetted AoE (there are some spells in the game that are like that but i don't have the names right now).
    I dunno which of these methods is simpler to fix the spell but it's really a huge deal, because that's the main DPS spell of the arbiter and 1/3 of your DPS goes to the trash because of the spell cancelling all the time