test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's the point of increasing stat cap if...

finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
edited November 2019 in PvE Discussion
* Remove thread please *

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

Post edited by finalfantasyac7 on

Comments

• abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Very good question!

I got extremely pissed in the currently running CTA event, when yesterday by a random run the tank asked "didn't the system give us a healer?" (Oh helllooooo! Warlock soulweaver here, good joke, I know!) With 58-63% ougoin healin, usin' 3 healing encounters (POP, Harrowstorm, Shatter spark, plus Soul Reconstruction at will) we cant appropriately heal in scaled content.

I heard that warlocks are good as they are cuz this Developer (his name start with "L" maybe, cant remember his name, sorry) played it and actively gameplays. Well... can we see a recorded, short CTA - Battle for Bridge gameplay video as a Soulweaver in a pug run?

By 90% of the random queu runs im on the top of paingiver chart, which is sad (with soulweaver group heal build). I'm not an elite player, nor am I elitist at all. I don't mind pugs, or undergeared players, that "I have to carry once in a while". I would totally enjoy IF I COULD! But since mod 16, its a suffering to do dungeons, I feel trash, and "you can't show up" that yes, after 5 years of gaming and farming/or after spending 2000+ euros/ or with some lucky lockbox openings/ or with some brain, skill you can/will be here too. There is no difference between a 26k char and between a fresh rank 8-9 enchantment user player in scaled content. Where is the progression gone for what u played with your playtime or with money??? Nonexistent.

But I feel that there is no point to get all these new Lionhearth set, or Halaster set, or these fancy 1010 IL legendary rings. I/we will be the same downleveled (scaled) "things" in dungeons. Where is the progression? We can have IL 2000 gears in a few months if you decide to make such items, but that wont change anything. I can try my chars full potential in 2 dungeons where I can get just as easily killed as in a low lvl place? Sorry, but dungeons, with one shot mechanics arent my beloved ones, and I thought you develeopers made it clear, thats its not yours either (ye, TOMM is not like that, right?.. lol) and trying to get the game to another direction. But as I see, there is only one direction at moment.. since mod 16 arrived down on the hillside.. to the cliffs?

You saying from your chair that scaling is fine as it is, when did you play your game to try it since mod 16? DOES/DID ANY OF YOU PLAY IT actively since mod 16? (just enter with a whatever character to the currently running CTA and fight the first pack of mobs alone .. you will see that your scaling is not okay) - No need to answer, we players all know, that you don't play that game, but the biggest problem is that you don't listen to the players feedbacks either. If you would play it once in a while and try it, you would be amazed "how do we expect players to play like this every day?"
    And that live stream few months ago where Julia and maybe Terramak rerolled a lvl 80 Cleric arbiter and went to Sharandar for 5-10 mins doesn't count as "real gameplaying" or proves anything.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt you with words, I love(d) this game all the way till mod 15 (there was ups and downs in mods quality, thats okay and acceptable), but since mod 16 I can barely hold my feelings in. So many great players and content creators left (MiniMi, whos pvp videos were entertaining for years!, Diamond, Galactic, Northside... HAMSTER.. hes such a nice guy and by his guide's I went ahead as a punny Warlock and tried my luck to try to solo what he did earlier and explained in his GWF guides). Hope there will be times to see them all back here! Its all up to you Devs!
    Hide The Pain Harold!
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

What's the point of increasing/raising stat cap if you get SCALED in any dungeon except Lomm and Tomm.
    Same as what is the point of playing this HAMSTER game where you spend your time and money to get stronger then get scaled in dungeons ?

The point was to encourage more powerful players to engage in lower level content, without making the presence of level appropriate toons invalid
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Post edited by finalfantasyac7 on
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨