test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random Queues Not Popping

fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
Recently Expert and Advanced random queues are taking far longer than the estimates wait times listed and are not popping.

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Bug or just the byproduct of players no longer wanting to Q?

The ETA has always been unreliable unfortunately. I think it averages all classes together so while it might be a 2 minute wait if you're a healer it's more like a 10 minute wait if you're a DPS.
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Well i think it because of 25% of the player base that were banned due to barovia hunt exploit and another 45% of the player base moved on to another mmo game due to mod 16. The remaining 30% of the player base doing either pvp, or cta atm (lol)
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I've experienced expert queue not popping when we have a premade party (3 dps, 1 heal, 1 tank). It seems to get stuck waiting for queue. A few times we just did it private because we were tired of waiting.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    When we get the update (assuming they don't realise how bad it is and undo it on PC quick sharp) the Skirmishes will also require 3/1/1 composition, meaning that Random Intermediate Queues will see a slow down as well.

As ecrana points out, the estimated time is rarely accurate. Queuing as a DPS, that number is no use at all, while Tanks and Heals usually see the queue pop much faster.
    That's the main reason I ran a pally pre mod 16. I'd just queue as whatever the bonus said. I've seen it showing DPS as needed about twice in all the time I've played since Random Queues started compared to Heals and Tanks flipping between the two the rest of the time.

I (and I'm fairly sure this applies to Cryptic as well) assumed that opening up Barbarian Tanks and Warlock Heals would see this change, but... nah, not really.

We've come a long way from when the introduction of Random Queues stated...

Goals of Random Queues:

Ensure all queues are firing in a reasonable time frame, regardless of popularity.
    Reduce burnout from running the same queue ad nauseum by introducing variety.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

We've come a long way from when the introduction of Random Queues stated...

Goals of Random Queues:

Ensure all queues are firing in a reasonable time frame, regardless of popularity.
    Reduce burnout from running the same queue ad nauseum by introducing variety.

Thanks for pulling that one out of the depths lol.

I think we can all say, goals not met.
    Queues don't fire at a reasonable rate for most players. And the same things pop most of the time anyway so variety is dead.