test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Since 09-06 Maintenance: Random Queues NOT loading.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
I'm not the only one who is noticing the Queue's don't seem to be loading.

I've been sitting in a Random Leveling Queue for 20+ minutes and nothing; then I changed to a Random Intermediate Queue and must have waited far longer.

Some in Alliance are reporting waiting 40+ minutes or longer for some of these queues; the only change they made was apparently now they require 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 damage classes. Yet something seems to be wrong with this?

@nitocris83

PS: You can see others reporting the issue with the Queues in this thread here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1251672/something-broke-after-maint

Comments

• poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    That's because they added the requirement for every queue to take a tank and healer - and the game doesn't have enough support classes to cater for the dpsers. This was an issue before and the reason why this requirement was removed, but the devs clearly had an amnesia since then and brought it back.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Yea not enough people playing Tanks / Healers for sure (they nerfed them a little too hard) -perhaps my opinion- yet I believe their Divinity regeneration needs at 15-20% boost, or the Divinity Cost needs a 10% reduction on Encounters.

Most choose powers that either don't require it; or limit themselves to using 1 or 2 that require Divinity. For these two Classes (Paladin & Cleric) to shine a bit more they require a bit more Divinity

A slight Divinity for these two Classes would help more be encouraged to play them for sure... <3
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Sharing info with team! We appreciate the feedback/info on how changes to requirements can impact queues.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Adding a 'sink' for dps classes can help to lower times for random queues. Skirmishes like dread legion, master of the hunt can be completed easily with 5 dps in random queue. This would allow 5 dps to complete a random queue which would also lower the demand for tanks and healers as well.
  • hskusahskusa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @poisoncloud said:
    > That's because they added the requirement for every queue to take a tank and healer - and the game doesn't have enough support classes to cater for the dpsers. This was an issue before and the reason why this requirement was removed, but the devs clearly had an amnesia since then and brought it back.

Is not only the NEED of tank/heal the issue there, even when u have full pt u have to wait longer now
  • avoie68#6606 avoie68 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Look at this thread there u can find more as enough feedback https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1251691/queue-s

the only thing u really have to do is to change the que for Easy and Medium randomques back to before the patch, because for none of the dungeons in this 2 ques u dont need a tank/heal
  • nightdagger88nightdagger88 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    strathkin said:

Yea not enough people playing Tanks / Healers for sure (they nerfed them a little too hard) -perhaps my opinion- yet I believe their Divinity regeneration needs at 15-20% boost, or the Divinity Cost needs a 10% reduction on Encounters.

Most choose powers that either don't require it; or limit themselves to using 1 or 2 that require Divinity. For these two Classes (Paladin & Cleric) to shine a bit more they require a bit more Divinity

A slight Divinity for these two Classes would help more be encouraged to play them for sure... <3 </p>

No doubt i main a paladin and sometimes is really hard to keep some necessary powers along the fight. Divinity regeneration needs a tweak.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Here is an idea to fix this type of issue that might seem strange weird but the idea might fix many issues.
    All all classes to be played as all types.
    Yes you guessed it a ranger that can heal or tank not just dps, A cw that can heal or tank not just dps.
    However even if you did this the same out come will be present.
    Most people might enjoy dps far to much to decide to play differently.
    Maybe looking into this more is best.
    Here is a strange idea to allow the bonus provided by what type you are playing to give more then just AD.
    AD is good but to much AD well it loses the value of that bonus.
    Anyways glad the issue was passed onto the team maybe something will fix the issue.
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    To add healers to ques, you need Scourge Warlocks to play as Soul Weavers= Templocks.
    However, unless Devs Increase heal magnitude and give a "fireball" type spell instead of "wraith's shadow", (which is useless), and rework the soulspark generation mechanic, the warlock will remain a poor cousin to Clerics or Paladins, and remain an unappealing option.
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User

To add healers to ques, you need Scourge Warlocks to play as Soul Weavers= Templocks.
    However, unless Devs Increase heal magnitude and give a "fireball" type spell instead of "wraith's shadow", (which is useless), and rework the soulspark generation mechanic, the warlock will remain a poor cousin to Clerics or Paladins, and remain an unappealing option.

If a Warlock want to queue as healer, he/she just queue. But maybe not all Warlock's players wants to play SoulWeaver. Healer Warlock is fine this mod, it's just almost all Warlock playerbase is gone or only plays DPS.

Agree, there's no reason to wait for tank ans healer for Master of the Hunt or Dread Ring.