test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Empowered Chain of Scales

zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
edited September 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
It is possible to get Empowered Chain of Scales, even if you have started upgrading it.

If you have read on the internet, every article says its bugged and doesn't drop except under perfect conditions, and that it will not drop if you have begun upgrading it already. I had a Chain of Five Scales and got it to Empowered tonight. Here is how.

o I waited 1 hour between all hunts, and every time they dropped the 'special' lure that they can drop.
o Once you have Rotten Flesh Lure your ready to roll:
o Put your chain of scales into your Bank.
o Get a party of 3 to 5 guildies. Wont need a healer if everyone is 20,000 IL+ (our team of 3 DPS + tank took Tyrant down in 3 seconds)
o Make sure you are party leader, place the lure, and set your LOOT mode (at top of party menu) to Party leader decides for "white" and above
o It might not be necessary, but try to get the first and last blow in. I doubt we did that.

This single Tyrant hunt awarded the following:
- Bile Drenched Scale
- Boots of the Willed
- Chest of the Fallen Reign
- Ring of the Lifekeeper +4
- Teeth of the Tyrant
- The full Tyrant weapon set for Ranger Class

This allows power up Chain of Scales to level SIX
To get Empowered Chain of Scales, you just need to run CODG one time - which gives 1 Soul Ampoule... required for the final upgrade.

Hope this helps someone out there. Good Luck !

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I haven't had any issues with drop except for the like of Kutlass.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.