test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Level and Masterwork Profession relationship - why?

hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
I realize that there is an effort to 'encourage' players to participate in all aspects of the game. Some of that is just to get more activity in areas or to prevent bots from single-tasking. There are two moments in the sequence of Mastercrafting that do not make sense to me:

1. Two characters A- level 27 char, level 70 in Jewelcrafting. Has done 'Meet the Team' quest in Stronghold - cannot get 'Don't Say His Name' quest from Master of Coin. B - level 57 char, level 70 in *all* professions. Has done 'Meet the Team' quest in Stronghold - Cannot get 'Don't say His Nae' quest from Master of Coin.

2. Level 70 character completes all requirements to obtain Masterwork III recipes in Port Nyanzaru but has only completed questline through Maze Engine. Why must he do the intro to Chult (fight the crab on the beach and ride the raptors) quest just to have the Port Nyanzaru/Chult location become active on his Map?

Professions have *NOTHING* to do with combat. Why is access to Masterworks gated by progress in the combat aspect of the game?

The only reason to do the 'Don't Say His Name' or 'Take Me Away from You' quests is to obtain the requirements to advance to the next MW level. It will still take a character months to produce the products needed (assuming they are not lazy/rich and just buy items from AH), so why the gating?

Talking to the Artisan requires no particular level, just being in a guild and a level 10 GH. Entering Chult requires someone that is geared >15k which is not the case with most 'fresh' lvl 70 characters - they still need to complete 6 other campaigns before Chult.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Masterwork 4 and 5 is basically you learning how to make things similar to what is in Chult, and needs materials found in Chult. It makes sense that you would need to be able to travel there to learn from the people there on how to make the items. The same applies to earlier levels, materials for MC 1 and 2 are found in various places up to Whispering caverns, and for MC 3 you need to be able to get to the Stormking's Thunder areas.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    From what I obtained for my one Jewelcrafter that made it to Port Nyanzaru, the quests you receive from the merchant are all for items produced with MW III recipes, which have materials from SKT. My point is that the game prevents you from starting to work on (ok, knowing what are) the qualifying items until you can get into the next area. Without the help of an external resource/spreadsheet/website, there is no other way to obtain the list of items needed.

At the moment, I'm more frustrated about the lack of 'Don't Say His Name' quest access anyway.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    The start of the MW uses the base lvl 70 stuff that can be easly crafted on your own but after that first quest you then get into the quest that requires the use of the charts that you buy. Maybe sure MW 1 can be done at a low level perhaps but MW 2 and 3 requires charts for maps that are of lvl 70 and MW 4 and 5 requires the same. So really restricting access to those quest until you reach 70 makes more sense then trying your hardest to get it up and not even be near 70.