test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mechanical difficulties with AC with some feedback

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
edited August 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
Some of these might be classed as bugs but since i am not sure, I thought i'll post it here.

a) Focused light and Light speed , first 2 feats, have 10 seconds cooldown. Pips also stay around the same time. Why? We had to use either SJ or FF to cause DL to work as intended, i have no idea why the cooldown is so low. For the latter, sometimes our SV procs go to waste when trash die.

b) Searing Javelin works as an tab targeted ability. So if the target jumps at you or moves away, so will your SJ. This simply means your aoe ability may hit 1 target when you targeted many. This skill is our main aoe spell so can this be changed to a skill shot instead?

c) We currently cannot see Perfect balance (feat) stacks, so we can't even plan our next rotation, always having to remember the stacks.

d) There is an potential issue when PB doesn't proc at 4th stack or at times your PB may take too long to proc and you think it might be on the 3rd stack, you press tab and it regens your bar to full. So you basically wasted the pips at the end which you could have used to do further damage.

e) PB works so that encounter powers that generate pips are taken into account. Why are dailies not taken into account that also generate pips and also use pips? This really makes using dailies inefficient as we can do similar damage with our divinity costing abilities with no cooldown, that can stack PB and have a chance to proc SV?

f) Generating pips takes so long that most of the times its not even worth it against trash that just die. Can our at-wills be faster? Won't make a huge difference to our damage as it currently stands.

Class issues

Some class features are useless like the ones that give you damage reduction when praying or the 5% damage with no party around or the heal over time when praying.

Other class feature like Light scale and Critical insight provide minimal Divinity. We should have better options for more divinity at the cost of sacrificing damage.

Angel of death really is never an option.

We lack an AOE daily. Flame strike is DOT and after the initial damage it doesnt critically strike and Celestial Prominence takes way too long to be used at extended duration.

Daunting Light costs a little too much divinity. Bastion costs way too much so is never an option.

Any input from other Arbiter Cleric mains will be much appreciated.
Post edited by sobi#1980 on

Comments

• Options
    fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

Some of these might be classed as bugs but since i am not sure, I thought i'll post it here.

a) Searing Javelin works as an tab targeted ability. So if the target jumps at you or moves away, so will your SJ. This simply means your aoe ability may hit 1 target when you targeted many. This skill is our main aoe spell so can this be changed to a skill shot instead?

b) We currently cannot see Perfect balance (feat) stacks, so we can't even plan our next rotation, always having to remember the stacks.

c) There is an potential issue when PB doesn't proc or at times your PB takes too long to proc and you think it might be on the 3rd stack, you press the tab button and it regens your bar to full. So you basically wasted the pips at the end which you could have used to do further damage.

d) PB works so that encounter powers that generate pips are taken into account. Why are dailies not taken into account that also generate pips and also use pips? This really makes using dailies inefficient as we can do similar damage with our divinity costing abilities that can proc PB and have a chance to proc SV?

e) Generating pips takes so long that most of the times its not even worth it against trash that just die. Can our at-wills be faster?

Class issues

Some class features are useless like the ones that give you damage reduction when praying or the 5% damage with no party around or the heal over time when praying.

Other class feature like Light scale and Critical insight provide minimal Divinity. We should have better options for more divinity at the cost of sacrificing damage.

Angel of death really is never an option.

We lack an AOE daily. Flame strike is DOT and after the initial damage it doesnt critically strike and Celestial Prominence takes way too long to be used at extended duration.

Daunting Light costs a little too much divinity. Bastion costs way too much so is never an option.

Any input from other Arbiter Cleric mains will be much appreciated.

Bastion shouldnt be cheaper. If bastion is cheap and u have a good tank u can easily go do harder content with just an Arbiter dps / heal combo. Removing the need for a real healer. Or u end up having tank + 4 arbiter DPS since they can all heal cheap and the heal class is removed from the runs.
  • Options
    Bastion was less than a 5% of my post but since you only want to talk about that, i can indulge you. Bastion is never really an option so why keep it? You either give us the option of bastion so that we can sacrifice damage for a little healing or you don't. Hallow ground daily also heals and provides damage reduction and it works like a charm in Lomm for me. Just a little more to help the healer when you have enough overall dps.

Moral of the story: i never asked for a bastion cost that can be spammed but currently no person who goes AC as a dps will use it. Its effectively useless so it either shouldn't exist or make it viable in niche situations.

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Bastion is available to Arbiter simply so clerics under level 30 have access to a heal for group content. Once you go Arbiter, the cost increased so that they would not outshine Devout clerics in healing. At first, Bastion was about 200 divinity cost (and before that could gain pips based on the number of allies healed) and due to the better divinity gain of arbiter over devout, arbiter could actually heal better, do more damage, and overall just had more utility. This not only affected Devout cleric, but the Paladin and Warlock healing paths as well.

So things changed, but there is still a need for clerics under level 30 to heal (mostly for skirmishes since leveling dungeons are so easy and have level 80s). We won't be able to ask for it to simply go away, we could ask for some changes though. Once we choose arbiter, it could change into Bastion of Judgement, which could instead of an AoE heal, cause enemies to take 5% more damage from fire and radiant sources, and maybe deal some damage for 5 seconds. This could add some synergy to paladins, warlocks, and thaumatuge wizards as well.
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Bastion is fine if you’re having trouble with solo content and need to heal yourself. It has not place in end game group content as an AC.
    Cast time and building pips needs some work. Most of the time I’m firing javelins before I have full pips because stuff is dead (group content). If pips stayed instead of dissipating, it wouldn't be so bad.
    Daily powers are generally useless. They don’t provide enough damage and take too long to refill AP to be viable. The only one I use is HG and even that’s rare.
    Searing Javelin spinning me around when a target moves is annoying as I generally target multiple critters. But it would be equally annoying if I target a single enemy, it moves and I miss (this is why I don’t use DL).
    Perfect balance is a total mystery to me, it just seems to happen sometimes.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    Bastion can simply be deleted in the paragon path. It simply is taking an extra space when it does nothing, just like some of our class features and feats.

Our dailies really have no place in my build, they take way too long to cast and they do not help us in SV or PB procs. That would be a huge help to our divinity management.