test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PLS! Revive PVP for me and do it this way!

barbie#2808 barbie Member Posts: 357 Arc User
edited July 2019 in PvP Discussion
This is my only selfish request, i can't make others understand it, and i can't convince them, but i do miss the old days, where PVP was competitive, where you would've formed your group and meet another group to play, where playing PVP meant something, and there was a community that was there, where there were PVP guilds and everyday we were invited to PVP by these guilds, so please, i ask you developers to do something, or atleast give me a response that it can't be done, or you are thinking about it.

The only thing i request is for you developers to work at a PVP CATEGORY QUEUE , and a Premade QUE.

Please create the PVP Category Queue with this Format

PvP: Intermediate Queue — All level 80 players Enchantments including Weapon and Armor Enchantmenst, Insignias, Mounts, Boons will be Scaled to Rank 7 (Lesser Weapon/Armor Enchantment)
- This should be a rank that even a new player can afford it, but at the same time as a old veteran you won't have the advantage against your enemy in terms of Gear, but you will have it in terms of Skill.
PvP: Advanced Queue — All level 80 players Enchantments including Weapon and Armor Enchantments , Insignias, Mounts will be Scaled to rank 12 (Perfect Weapon/Armor Enchantment)
- Same as the Previous Category this should be scaled.
PvP: Expert Queue — Should be left as normal, leaving your items unscaled, but this should be the ONLY queue that counts to ur RANKING in Leaderboard.

This is just 1 example of what rewards it can be, but you guys can add anything you desire.

PvP: Intermediate Queue — 4,000 AD 30 Seals of the Triumph (Repeat: 450 AD / 5 Seals |)
PvP: Advanced Queue — 8,000 AD 40 Seals of the Triumph (Repeat: 800 AD / 10 Seals |)
PvP: Expert Queue — 1,500 Glory 60 Seals of the Triumph (Repeat: 1,000 RP / 20 Seals |)

Also each category should have the following choices, *and i may add on that a Premade Queue on the Expert Queue.

PvP: Intermediate Queue:
o Domination Solo
o Domination
o GauntleGrym

PvP: Advanced Queue
o Domination Solo
o Domination
o GauntleGrym
PvP: Expert Queue
o Domination Solo
o Domination
o GauntleGrym
o Domination Premade

PVP EXPERT QUEUE is the only queue that counts towards Leaderboard, please make a Solo player leaderboard for Domination Solo and Domination, and a separate leaderboard for Teams when they are playin in Domination Premade, please create a User Interface for Creating PVP Teams, similar to Alliance System, where players get 24hrs penalty for leaving a team etc. Please let us create our own PVP Team Names like Alliances let us, this way Players can be in different guilds, but in the same PVP Team, the Team Name can be shown in PVP match and Premade Leaderboard.

Create a PVP vendor where Newer Players can Purchase items that are required for PVP Intermediate, make them aswell to be scaled, this Gear should have a low item level in PvE, but raise to a proper item level in Intermediate Queue, also BiS Gear can be downscaled in item level to reach the same item level as the PVP Gear... I beg of you it is not a difficult request, and i do not ask much, but just this change will just change the system entirely, and with proper events like Neverwinter Combat League and many other that can be done, will revive PVP.. Just please do something about it.

@rgutscheradev @mimicking#6533 @noworries#8859 @asterdahl @nitocris83 @sgrantdev#8718 @balanced#2849 @ctatumdev#6113 @ncoreadev#4548 @rlesterdev#1958 @uimaven

@kreatyve can you please bump this thread for Julia to see, and give it to one of the Devs that done PVP changes in mod 17 ?

Comments

• kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > there aren't enough pvp players for this to be viable. the ques would be empty because pvp in this game is terribad and no one plays it.

Agreed with what the above says, they need to get more people playing pvp
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

there aren't enough pvp players for this to be viable. the ques would be empty because pvp in this game is terribad and no one plays it.

there aren't enough pvp players because the devs let pvp become an unbalanced mess.

i'm on board with all @barbie ideas above. sounds like the easiest way to implement some sort of power balance at least. class balance is a different story but imo the larger pvp issue is overpowered players stomping newer players.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Yeah, saying there aren't enough players for the OP's suggestions to be viable is kinda like a chicken or the egg argument. Ofc there aren't going to be enough players if the devs allow pvp to continue to deteriorate. On the other hand, if they implement some of these ideas there will a growth in the pvp population.

I think what really irks me, is the undeveloped potential that neverwinter has, especially in the pvp arena. I think the major simplification of the classes was a big step backwards, but also a small step forwards in terms of reverting to a foundation that can be built upon like lego blocks. I'm starting to see a different potential, for class builds to be as varied as MTG deck builds, some more, some less effective, and part of the fun in trying to find the best build for you and your play style. But, for that to happen, they would have to build on top of what they have now, possibly adding more paragon paths to the classes, more roles, and continue tweaking healing and dmg in pvp so that combat isn't so fast it's over in 2 seconds, and so drawn out that it becomes a staring match.

I'm not great at PVP, but when the matches are good, it's 100x more fun than any dungeon run could ever possibly be.

• kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Yeah, saying there aren't enough players for the OP's suggestions to be viable is kinda like a chicken or the egg argument. Ofc there aren't going to be enough players if the devs allow pvp to continue to deteriorate. On the other hand, if they implement some of these ideas there will a growth in the pvp population.

It's not necessarily a chicken before the egg thing - Right now there are players (a few) in the solo queue and you can get matches that way. The Devs would probably be best off to try to build back up the PvP population with better balance and rewards IN THE SOLO QUEUE before splitting the population into more queues. Right now we have 4 PvP queues (Solo, Premade, Gauntilgrym and SH) and only 1 of them ever pops for a match. Adding 2-3 more queues will just make it so PvP is pretty much impossible.

Now once the PvP population is a bit bigger .... multiple queues makes sense and would be a good change to PvP, though just how to divide them up to make more "fair" matches is still a point for debate (By item level, or restricting gear or what exactly).
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2019

there aren't enough pvp players for this to be viable. the ques would be empty because pvp in this game is terribad and no one plays it.

there aren't enough pvp players because the devs let pvp become an unbalanced mess.

i'm on board with all @barbie ideas above. sounds like the easiest way to implement some sort of power balance at least. class balance is a different story but imo the larger pvp issue is overpowered players stomping newer players.
    pvp has ALWAYS been an unbalanced mess because there is no way to realistically balance pvp with the class differences. it's also just pointless in this game compared to other games. better just to ditch it. I really don't see the growth possibilities for this mode. it was never that popular to begin with. it's honestly a waste of time.
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited July 2019

pvp has ALWAYS been an unbalanced mess because there is no way to realistically balance pvp with the class differences. it's also just pointless in this game compared to other games. better just to ditch it. I really don't see the growth possibilities for this mode. it was never that popular to begin with. it's honestly a waste of time.
    PVP has NOT always been an unbalanced mess. It has never been perfect, no game with similarly "complicated" pvp is. Pointless? While it unfortunately never offered rewards equal to pve (which it absolutely should), it did offer more fun than pve for 20 % of the playerbase at some point.

It is the evergreen content that, when set up properly, will last for a very long time with minimal to no maintenance, as seen with early NW days through m6 (or possibly even further). Some players consider it the true endgame -- after all, you cannot compare smashing scripted mobs with fighting real, thinking players.
  • vimes0xvimes0x Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Some awesome ideas here regarding pvp!
    I would love to see some of these implemented.
    I have a couple of suggestions/edits.

Glory should be a reward for every pvp que, at appropriate rates of course.

I have always thought that disabling pve boons while in pvp would be a much better way to make the battle ground ‘fairer’, in addition to enchants being scaled of course. Without the boons, it’s all down to gear & skill. No extra stats just because you’re further in the pve side.
    Instead, we could have a pvp boon table similar to pve or expand on the pitiful pvp boons we currently have.
    PvP gear bonuses/boons don’t count in pve, so why should pve count in PvP?
    I know some people who would only play PvP if they could, but the way it is now, you HAVE to pve if you want to PvP. Imo, this is wrong...

I hope the devs take notice of this and ‘steal’ your ideas 😂👍

• lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Yah pvp is here to stay. That firesidecat guy is not happy, he can fark off to other games.
    lemollen said:

Yah pvp is here to stay. That firesidecat guy is not happy, he can fark off to other games.

I'm not sure I'd totally agree with this statement .... the Devs are trying at the moment to put a bit of life back into PvP, but I do think future updates to PvP will depend on how well these are received. if PvP is still dead as we go into Mod 18 I think we will find that we have seen the last updates for it.

But I do think you are right in one sense - I don't see the devs removing it from the game anytime soon.
  • excitezzzexcitezzz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Think you should still be ranked for each of the queues, but with separate leaderboards. Maybe it would give people more drive to better themselves.🤔🤔🤔
  • lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Just bring back the combat league with legendary mount as prize. I will guarantee that pvp will come to life again.
    lemollen said:

Just bring back the combat league with legendary mount as prize. I will guarantee that pvp will come to life again.

I would say, not "just", but "also".

lemollen said:

I would say, not "just", but "also".
    I think their plan was to try to get PvP into a slightly better shape before bringing back the combat league ... but I agree completely here, the combat league was not only a shot in the arm to PvP before but it was great fun too. Some of the rewards for it were not bad either (the pirate outfit and some other things) ... not to mention the possibility of winning one of the mounts.
  • faerbot1#2720 faerbot1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I saw that they were finally bringing in a new map, and almost...almost started playing NW again. I then read the PVP posts on these forums and understood that nothing was really going to change.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited August 2019

The "old days?"

You mean back when No Filter, Strawberry Yak and Wanted would group up, with max enchants, BiS gear and ROFLSTOMP noobs and pugs who were just trying to get their 4 PvP domination queues for their daily AD? Back then, most people were running Rank 5-6 enchants, 'cos we needed TWO to make the next higher level and they were expensive back then. We didn't have artifacts, or artifact gear or boons. We survived on just our enchants and the people that had them as Rank 9s and 10s in mass quantities were either whales or exploiting.

Back when people would exploit maps, so when people got tired of getting hammered by Griefers and getting NO glory, NO rewards and NO count toward domination queues, they would sit at the campfire, so said PvP Griefers would exploit the maps and ROFLSTOMP players in their campfire.

PvP needs to die. It's ruined this game. All the wanna-be crybabies bitching about not being Top Dog in PvP, so Cryptic swings Mjolnerf at anything and everything, when they don't even realize that PvP in this game is so toxic, due to a bunch of HAMSTER that only play to humiliate people that are ill-equipped?

No thanks.

So new players "deserve" your previous bad experience then ?
    On another note I gave such hampster to the devs many times for not fixing the exploit holes on the pvp maps
    they used to ban people for doing it on the gauntlegyrm map til it was fixed

also you are talking about 5 v 5 premade team Q and no solo Q which they did not have back then
    and bad matchmaking that would put a team of random with no mikes against a premade with mikes

Pvp giving daily ads for just showing up/ wining was/ is a bad idea ..I think it was one or 2 queues for daily ads not 4 ..
    cause it put in a mindset not to try at all / want to get carried

also there were way more powerful notorious guilds then..that would destroy the ones you listed

• methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

On another note I gave such hampster to the devs many times for not fixing the exploit holes on the pvp maps
    they used to ban people for doing it on the gauntlegyrm map til it was fixed

I stopped playing PvP YEARS ago, after MONTHS of us bitching about unbalance PvP, the players exploiting maps and you remember how long it took them to even fix it.

You REALLY want to go back to that with a skeleton crew of a dev team?

They have to re balance all the classes again cause 2 devs used different math so ya ..fool me once...
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

Oh, but I deserved mine?

also you are talking about 5 v 5 premade team Q and no solo Q which they did not have back then
    and bad matchmaking that would put a team of random with no mikes against a premade with mikes
    Back then, that's all there was. In fact, a majority of the time, you got stuck with a premade, 'cos that's all they wanted to do was LOL stomp in PvP. It wasn't about playing. It was about humiliating other players. PvP is supposed to be competitive, not toxic.

Pvp giving daily ads for just showing up/ wining was/ is a bad idea ..I think it was one or 2 queues for daily ads not 4 ..
    cause it put in a mindset not to try at all / want to get carried
    Oh, so now you're implying that myself and all the people that I was either a) in a group with or b) stuck with in a pug wanted "to be carried" or we had the mindset "not to try?" Wrong. In order to get your matches, you HAD to compete. You lost points in domination if you didn't take goals or fight, so why log in and not play? That's asinine.

And you're wrong. It was 4. I still have tons of screenshots that I took of exploits, when I actually sent this to the devs to get them to fix broken HAMSTER.

also there were way more powerful notorious guilds then..that would destroy the ones you listed
    Did you really just try and side-step after I called HAMSTER guilds out? Yeah, there were a TON of guilds back then? Where are they now? What happened to the player base?

edited August 2019
    Peace Friend

depending on the mod the amount of wins for ads/ reward in pvp was different ..all i was saying / remembering

I am not implying anything about the wining conditions of old pvp and its rewards relative to you or your friends/ guild / skill level . or your own personal experience ..the devs removed pvp ad rewards cause of bots and exploiting it..years later they also remove the one blood ruby you would get for participating in stronghold pvp as well

you are free to make your own conclusions,,chill

also you are wrong there were plenty of competitive match going on in the higher level guild hunting for higher level guilds as well ..smashing pugs is not always fun / the motivation

you certainly have the Pvp spirit for Hampster talking lol : D and taking things too personally

I know my guild would go on runs to hunt other "pro guilds" that would not allow player to trade caps and hunt players using exploits and drains and bullying ..there were still "good guys":