test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat restrictions on new players

2»

Comments

• bockscar#6983 bockscar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'll chime in here, totally new player as of a week ago, here is what I can say...

Trying to get into this game with a few RL friends, and the limitations on chat are obnoxious. I can't ask for help from experienced players except by tell. I tried using 'tells' to answer a basic quest Q, with 5 different players and got ignored by 3 and conflicting answers from the other 2. I can't "friend" my RL friends until a certain level, and I can't believe all of this doesn't turn off more players. If I had come to this game solo, personally, I would have left already to try something else... but my RL friends like the lore enough to overlook the hideous new-user experience for now, so we're going to press on.

I am not sure what the "best" solution is to allow limited chat for new players, but at the very least they should try something else because what is in place now is the biggest friction point in the whole new player experience so far.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    I get the chat restrictions on new players with the purpose of fighting 3rd party vendors I do, but isn't chat restrictions supposed to be turned off if a player is in a party with other players running random queues? I'm not sure that's WAI...

Also my 70 level character was recently running random queues with a friend and we wound up in the Cloak Tower. I picked up several pieces of equipment that I nor my friend could use so tried to give them to another low level player but got error message. Something about "the player didn't have sufficient character level to trade". WTH???

I can (kind of) understand restricting chat until a player reaches a certain level - but not allowing them to trade until they've reached a certain level? That's just crazy!
    DD~