test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Received Injury in LoMM, But I'm VIP 12

froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
I bumped my head and received an injury in LoMM. At VIP 12 I should be injury immune. Video below.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnUakg2k5eUXiUFVu2GwuCE_Qght
Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC

Comments

• begliado#4588 begliado Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's due to stings on the ceiling, I don't know if it's a bug, it's not abberant to take injury for this.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    It is when you're supposed to be immune to any kind of injuries thanks to VIP.
    Can confirm it happens on LOMM though, I had it once and it surprised me as well.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    agilesto said:

It is when you're supposed to be immune to any kind of injuries thanks to VIP.
    Can confirm it happens on LOMM though, I had it once and it surprised me as well.

Same here - VIP 12 and the books banged me around a bit.
    I aim to misbehave
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

The video doesn't work, but I assume you're talking about the tower - this is related to a game mechanics so it works as designed, this is not a bug, sorry!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    So after mobs breaking through every bit of anti-cc mechanic we have, now game is breaking through VIP injuries-immunity.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Yes, it is the tower. I have a problem with "works as designed". Whatever VIP level it is grants injury immunity. If VIP does not grant injury immunity, then it shouldn't say so. Or, perhaps the mechanic should produce a different result such as a stun.

https://youtu.be/tywqBEnVOAI

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    There are new injuries that were introduced with M16 and they are not covered through VIP.

Totally WAI and still totally BS for those that paid for VIP to avoid injuries.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    In this specific situation, players are not expected to hit the tower ceiling
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I can see this thread turning into a long argument of me asking how this was not intentionally put in the game. If they didn’t expect players to hit the ceiling, they could have designed it so players could not hit the ceiling. Also, they could have designed it so hitting the ceiling did not produce an injury. Alternatively, VIP could simply make a player immune to injury. I worry the future will hold "VIP only covers certain injuries".

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    percemer said:

That seems a bit....dismissive.

Yes, players are not EXPECTED to hit the ceiling. But the possibility to hit the ceiling is there and was most certainly placed there intentionally as to cause an injury IMO.

If you can't figure out how to make that little jump up then you suffer a penalty. I saw this as nothing more than a minor annoyance as it's not hard at all to avoid it.

But to say it's not expected has no bearing on the main issue.

We paid for VIP ranks to avoid injuries. Now we get injuries. We don't expect to get injuries if we've paid up to avoid injuries.

But I'm sure the master plan is to add VIP ranks in the future to avoid these new injuries too cause ulterior motives and all.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    It's surprising the first time it happens because VIP normally = immunity, but let's not blow things out of proportion.

I think what percemer is saying is not that the developers didn't think that players would hit the ceiling, but that they are not supposed to hit it. The injury is your punishment for missing the ledge and banging your head.

They probably should have just made it a 60 second debuff with the same effect and called it a day.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Regardless of whether a player is or is not supposed to hit the ceiling is not the point. If the player does hit the ceiling and receives an injury even when they have injury immunity is a bug - so no, it's not WAI.

Adding an injury to an injury immune player is a bug.

If you are adding a new tier of injuries that affect the ViP injury immune player base then you MUST correct the text on ViP and state that "you will be immune to Tier 1 injuries" and make note that LoMM is providing Tier 2 injuries.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    percemer said:

you get the head injury from hitting the paintings if you go just a little too high or too low. I've never hit the ceiling but I have hit the paintings. it is an insult to your vip customers to get a head injury and have to use a kit. we should be immune.
  • jobu808jobu808 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Honestly thought it was funny when it happened. Our entire group first run of the dungeon all VIP 12 and we're were all like what the heck was that? Wait, what? What's and injury lol. Read what it said and we were like wow that's a big debuff and of course, none of us had an injury kit to fix things.

We all laughed, grabbed a couple cheap injury kits and moved on. Yes I know what VIP says and yes, I've had VIP 12 since it was first available but I'm not going to cry about a one off thing. Now if they put stuff like this in multiple areas then I might not find it so funny.