test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions: Making it better (long read) part 1

underhand001underhand001 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Just some thoughts on how you could have made this game much better than it is now, I know there will be come programming and coding that will have to be done, but if you look at the state of the game as it is there are already programming and coding issues that you don’t seem to be able to fix for some reason. And when they are fixed you all add or change something and the problem comes back the same or in some cases worse than it was. I don’t know if what I am about to say has been said already, as I don’t read the forums as much as I should.
Professions: The way it is now is just so messed up. The level of the profession and then the level of the Artisan and the level of the Tool then the Supplement, I don’t know who came up with that idea and it might have been easy at the time but easy does not mean good. Things that you could do to fix it: Have 3 colors of workers (Artisans) like you do now, white, blue, and purple. But white works should NEVER have a positive Commission Multiplier, by Thor’s Hammer, they are White they are like some of your programmers N00bs and should not be asking for a lot of money they should be happy to get a job. Speed Multiplier: Well that can be random. Now getting blue workers you will have to open the next level of the shop, upgrade. The same for purple workers also.
Applications: Now workers that are applying for the job, if you have only level one open you will get no blues or purples that apply. If you have level 2 shop open then you should be able to select if you want that you would like to see more blues that apply then whites. You can still have it random but you should get better workers that would like to apply for a place that is better to work for. You don’t see your programs applying for jobs at Wendy’s do you? But if they get better at their jobs I bet they will leave you to go to work for a Purple level workshop.
Leveling up workers: All workers should have the ability to be upgraded (customized). What does this mean? When you get someone that is new maybe not even went to school for the job that they are getting hired for they are new you can model then into what you need and upgrade them, this would be a white worker. But when you get someone that has come from school or job they have a certain way of doing things from what they were either shown in school or from their other job, this would be a Blue worker, they can still be upgraded and remodeled but this will take time and money. Then there is the Purple worker that maybe has a lot of school and been in a few jobs that is set in their ways, they are much better than the white and blue workers and if you chose to try and change them (upgrade) this might end up costing you, but if you are willing to deal with what they have then that will work also. So upgrading your white or blue workers. White workers should top out for Proficiency and Focus at around 320 or 340. They are white low level even at level 70 workers, also their Commission should not ever be in the “ + “ it should always be in the “ – “ or “ 0 “, once again they are white. Blue workers should be from 340 to 380 in Proficiency and Focus top scores and their Commissions and Speed Multipliers can very but should NEVER be really nasty like you see some of them with a Commission of +200% or a Speed Multiplier of -75%, I don’t even know what kind of HAMSTER that is. No one would ever hire someone that is that expensive or slow. Well I don’t know now that I say that bugs stick around in this game for a really long time. Does this game have blue workers that have a high Commission Multiplier and a negative on the Speed Multiplier? See Professions: Making it better (long read) part 2, sorry limitations on how long a post can be

Comments

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Just some thoughts on how you could have made this game much better than it is now, I know there will be come programming and coding that will have to be done, but if you look at the state of the game as it is there are already programming and coding issues that you don’t seem to be able to fix for some reason. And when they are fixed you all add or change something and the problem comes back the same or in some cases worse than it was. I don’t know if what I am about to say has been said already, as I don’t read the forums as much as I should.
    Professions: The way it is now is just so messed up. The level of the profession and then the level of the Artisan and the level of the Tool then the Supplement, I don’t know who came up with that idea and it might have been easy at the time but easy does not mean good. Things that you could do to fix it: Have 3 colors of workers (Artisans) like you do now, white, blue, and purple. But white works should NEVER have a positive Commission Multiplier, by Thor’s Hammer, they are White they are like some of your programmers N00bs and should not be asking for a lot of money they should be happy to get a job. Speed Multiplier: Well that can be random. Now getting blue workers you will have to open the next level of the shop, upgrade. The same for purple workers also.
    Applications: Now workers that are applying for the job, if you have only level one open you will get no blues or purples that apply. If you have level 2 shop open then you should be able to select if you want that you would like to see more blues that apply then whites. You can still have it random but you should get better workers that would like to apply for a place that is better to work for. You don’t see your programs applying for jobs at Wendy’s do you? But if they get better at their jobs I bet they will leave you to go to work for a Purple level workshop.
    Leveling up workers: All workers should have the ability to be upgraded (customized). What does this mean? When you get someone that is new maybe not even went to school for the job that they are getting hired for they are new you can model then into what you need and upgrade them, this would be a white worker. But when you get someone that has come from school or job they have a certain way of doing things from what they were either shown in school or from their other job, this would be a Blue worker, they can still be upgraded and remodeled but this will take time and money. Then there is the Purple worker that maybe has a lot of school and been in a few jobs that is set in their ways, they are much better than the white and blue workers and if you chose to try and change them (upgrade) this might end up costing you, but if you are willing to deal with what they have then that will work also. So upgrading your white or blue workers. White workers should top out for Proficiency and Focus at around 320 or 340. They are white low level even at level 70 workers, also their Commission should not ever be in the “ + “ it should always be in the “ – “ or “ 0 “, once again they are white. Blue workers should be from 340 to 380 in Proficiency and Focus top scores and their Commissions and Speed Multipliers can very but should NEVER be really nasty like you see some of them with a Commission of +200% or a Speed Multiplier of -75%, I don’t even know what kind of HAMSTER that is. No one would ever hire someone that is that expensive or slow. Well I don’t know now that I say that bugs stick around in this game for a really long time. Does this game have blue workers that have a high Commission Multiplier and a negative on the Speed Multiplier? See Professions: Making it better (long read) part 2, sorry limitations on how long a post can be

Since the new Professions launch, many changes are needed:

• Uncommon goods which paid 10s 13cp at most ranks need upgrading
    • Rare goods which paid 34s 18c at most ranks need upgrading
    • Why: Before the professionals weren’t ‘paid’, now they are.
    • Solution: starting at Rank 20 upgrade each higher level by adding 2% of the level 20 price (Uncommon 20+ cp, rare 68+ cp) for each level of difference until the price at level 70 is double the price of level 20 goods
    • Players should be able to advertise for ‘specific’ workers wanted and each day (up to 3) workers needed must fill the top slots (not necessarily with the workers the player wants, but an available worker in that profession
    • For every 100 successes an artisan will receive a -1% (odd numbered 100s) [minimum -75%] decrease in commission or a +1% increase in speed (even numbered 100s) [Maximum – Common 125%, rare 150% Epic 200%]
    • Add Legendary artisans that are better in all ways to common, Rare or Epic Artisans in all items except Commission.
    • Rare artisans are capped at 450 for proficiency and focus, Epic artisans are capped at 500 for proficiency and focus and Legendary (if sny0 artisans are capped at 550 for proficiency and focus.
    • Vendors will pay 15% more for +1 items
    • AH will adjust values so that no Ordinary item gets more than a +1 item and +1 items will now sell for +15% higher than the highest Ordinary item. Those AH items which are priced Outrageously [and Greedily] above the +1 items will be repriced at 1AD
    • Add Mass processing so we don’t fill the delivery box up so fast. Making 12s of Lumbers, Cloths Ingots, Leathers and other materials used to make finished products would be nice.
    • Add 1 new slot for Gathering and 2 new slots for the workbench
    • Add 80 new boxes for Materials, Tool box still has plenty of unused slots.
    • Increase the AH size to accommodate all the new players 400 was fine 6 years ago add a bunch more.
    • Put Hard Minimums on all Workshop items based on successful completion using +0% commission and +0% Speed so those that use less expensive (either by - Commissions or + work speed) can make a bigger profit than the one who uses 0/0 artisans or worse uses +25 or better/-25 or worse artisans.
    • Change the +1 Conversion Rate from 1 Normal for 4 x +1 to 4 x +1 = 5 Normal.
    • When hiring new Artisans, show ALL applicants simultaneously, so that you cannot show the same employee twice out of 3, 4 or 5 choices.

Concrete solutions Part 1
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Concrete Solutions Part 2:

• Stop ‘Bait and Switch’ where you show a promising employee, the player goes and dismisses a lesser artisan, and as you go to select the new applicant artisan it is ‘Switched’ for a different lesser choice.
    • Today I had a 'Bait and Switch' situation where on one of my alts the same Applicant was give to my Alt, the second instance was at a lower Artisan level.

Answer to your post:

Applications Section

'But white works should NEVER have a positive Commission Multiplier' -this could work see response in Leveling up workers section
    • The system is 'loosely' (so loosely that you don't even recognize it) based on the Medeival Guild System
    • White, Blue and Purple are also 'loosely' (see above) based on the initial professions system where white were basic workers and 4 could be promoted to make 1 Blue. 4 Blues could be promoted to 1 Purple.
    • Each added worker (up to 3 reduced the speed of the task and didn't add to the cost.
    Leveling up Workers section:
    • White workers were good, Blue were better and Purple was best, but to do Masterworks you needed 4 Purples
    • Every White worker was as good as any other white worker, Blues were equal to other Blues and Purples were equal to other Purples
    • If you have a +200% Commission and a -75% Speed a 1 hour task that costs 11 cp each will cost twice as much, but take 4 ti,es as long. e.g. a 1 hour task that a 0 Commission/0 Speed worker can do 8 in 8 hours will cost 88 cp, the +200/-75 worker will do 2 in 8 hours and cost 44 cp you're getting 1/4 of the work for half the cost.
    • If the numbers above were reversed (-75% Commission/+200% Speed) the same task in 8 hours would make 32 items and cost 1 sp 17cp