test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchantment Exchange Vendor - should be stay for Quality of Life Improvement

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
edited July 2019 in PvE Discussion
IMO the Enchantment exchange vendor should stay indefinitely. In fact, there should be an added item for Runestones to Runestones.

I would like to see a Mount Insignia Exchange vendor added as well or added to the enchantment exchange vendor.

Any items that is exchanged would be account bound.

I would like to see this happen as it would allow us as player to easily swap enchantments and insignia out as needed. For a short time during mod 16 we are able to trade them but once the vendor is gone if you need to swap an enchantment out or made a mistake you would be out of luck do to the vendor going away or not being able to trade in runestones.

Here are my exact thoughts on the vendor.

Weapon for Weapon enchantments
Armor for Armor enchantmetns
Enchantment for Runestones
Runestone for Enchantments
Enchantment for Enchantment (doesn't matter if its 1, 2 or 3 stats)
Runestone for Runestone (it would be nice if future runestones got 3 stats)
Insignia for Insignia

I am asking for this to stay and additional options be added to the vendor as it would bring about a great quality of life improvement to the game.

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

IMO the Enchantment exchange vendor should stay indefinitely. In fact, there should be an added item for Runestones to Runestones.

I would like to see a Mount Insignia Exchange vendor added as well or added to the enchantment exchange vendor.

Any items that is exchanged would be account bound.

I would like to see this happen as it would allow us as player to easily swap enchantments and insignia out as needed. For a short time during mod 16 we are able to trade them but once the vendor is gone if you need to swap an enchantment out or made a mistake you would be out of luck do to the vendor going away or not being able to trade in runestones.

Here are my exact thoughts on the vendor.

Weapon for Weapon enchantments
    Armor for Armor enchantmetns
    Enchantment for Runestones
    Runestone for Enchantments
    Enchantment for Enchantment (doesn't matter if its 1, 2 or 3 stats)
    Runestone for Runestone (it would be nice if future runestones got 3 stats)
    Insignia for Insignia

I am asking for this to stay and additional options be added to the vendor as it would bring about a great quality of life improvement to the game.

if they would do that, they could just eliminate all enchants and replace them with a "generic" Enchantment where u can freely choose what it gives u and reallocate at any time lol
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I disagree. What I would like to see would be some effort to make more enchants actually viable choices. Consider weapon enchants, for example. Right now there is one enchant that is seen as "best" for most players, and a couple that are OK, at least for some builds. The rest is just, well, uniformly bad in comparison, and a couple are really bad.

If more enchants were seen as viable, their prices would "equalize" and there would be an active market for trading - either through the AH or player-to-player, as players might want to swap enchants for a multitude of reasons. THis would remove any need for an exchange vendor, and longer-term, would be better for the game.

I find it funny that you state this; and when the devs noticed some enchantments are not used enough they adjust them and they become to powerful compared to other enchantments, etc... we have seen this more than once with not only enchantments but also feats, encounters, dailies, etc...

My suggestion is not about fixing the issues but simply allowing us a way to trade in enchantments do to stat changes in the game that happens from mod to mod. It also would make it easier for players to adjust and hit appropriate stats each mod with this than trying to trade an enchantment that loses most of its value within a day or two. Not using the Fey but silveries were worth having in mod 15 and prior as a cleric but now silveries values have plummeted to near nothing making them worthless other than trading them in for radiants but in the future if things are adjusted and now radiants cannot be used that player who may have paid million or grind out to get the enchantment to max may end up sitting on an enchantment that has limited value in the future.

I'm all about improve quality of life in a game and as someone who has paid and ranked up many enchantments I wouldn't mind this; it would encourage me to rank up my enchantments on my Fighter and Cleric again as I know I would be able to easily swap enchantments as needed but given that is not an option I'm not inclined to rank up any enchantments on my Fighter or Cleric do to the lack of freely having that option of swapping as needed.

In fact I have 8 R14 enchantments in my bank that are collecting dust simply because I see no point in using them, swapping them as I know once I do that is it, etc... However, if I knew I could swap them again and again and again, those 8 would be on my Fighter right now.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I nominate bengals to take over all operational decision making for Neverwinter. They may be out of business and money within a year but at least we won't have to worry about spending some RP and reagents upgrading some new enchants.

While we're on the subject, how about a gear exchange system too? Next time they release a new BiS artifact set, I don't see why I should suffer and have to upgrade things all over again. I mean, it's not my fault they decided to alter things.

SMH
  • nikatron#4557 nikatron Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    probably asked somewhere else but is the option to exchange coming back? my severity was bugged and would only show 99% thus i didn't bother with a vorpal.
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    I done mind if it goes away. I just wish it was designed a little better. I accidentally exchanged an un bound lightning from my inventory (that was marked as protected) while trying to swap out a bound armor enchant....it shouldn’t have let me use a protected enchant as currency

I done mind if it goes away. I just wish it was designed a little better. I accidentally exchanged an un bound lightning from my inventory (that was marked as protected) while trying to swap out a bound armor enchant....it shouldn’t have let me use a protected enchant as currency

Or if you accidently select runestone instead of the enchantment box.

I nominate bengals to take over all operational decision making for Neverwinter. They may be out of business and money within a year but at least we won't have to worry about spending some RP and reagents upgrading some new enchants.

While we're on the subject, how about a gear exchange system too? Next time they release a new BiS artifact set, I don't see why I should suffer and have to upgrade things all over again. I mean, it's not my fault they decided to alter things.

SMH

The enchantments are bound. If Cryptic increase the enchantment level again player can still raise the level of the enchantment where cryptic will earn additional $$$. Also all R15 enchantment from the box you get are also bound to account. I have no problem with this type of system as it would give us as players flexibility each mod to modify our characters as need with enchantments only.

As for the artifact set I wouldn't mind seeing that added, but only for gear of equal IL. Meaning you can't swap the demon set for the Electric set; however demon set for Lostmouth would be acceptable. Only artifact gear, not artifacts.

These ask are for quality of life improvements within the game and since the items being exchanted are bound how does that hurt you as a player; if anything it would give you more options instead of less.

These ask are for quality of life improvements within the game and since the items being exchanted are bound how does that hurt you as a player; if anything it would give you more options instead of less.

It also gives you less reason to play, less reason to grind for AD, less incentive to care about your decisions since you can just swap it in later.

These so called improvements may sound nice to the player that doesn't want to work up some new enchant/gear/etc but all it really does is make it easy to avoid getting things right.

Sorry but in a game of experimentation (ie what could my toon do with a bronzewood versus a vorpal) I feel like your idea makes it too easy and as it stands now it is not hard at all to upgrade all of these things yourself from scratch.

But everyone wants a quick and easy hand out because "it was costly to make a weapon enchant". It's really not.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I think we've had enough of it. be glad to see it gone

It also gives you less reason to play, less reason to grind for AD, less incentive to care about your decisions since you can just swap it in later.

These so called improvements may sound nice to the player that doesn't want to work up some new enchant/gear/etc but all it really does is make it easy to avoid getting things right.

Sorry but in a game of experimentation (ie what could my toon do with a bronzewood versus a vorpal) I feel like your idea makes it too easy and as it stands now it is not hard at all to upgrade all of these things yourself from scratch.

But everyone wants a quick and easy hand out because "it was costly to make a weapon enchant". It's really not.
    Weapon enchant to R14 are costly; if you make it up yourself and dont' have rng on your side. Just coal wards are going to cost you around 4.8M AD. Than add in the cost of enchanting stones and marks. Yeah weapon enchantments are cheap to make.

I will counter your arguement about grinding it out by stating this; getting a part time job and using that money I can more than pay to get what I want and it would cost me less time than the grind in this game to get those same items.

My point is that you either pay one way or another and if you already paid why should I continue to pay for an item of lower ranking or similar ranking. If I want a new enchantment never previously offered in the game; yeah that one shouldn't be in the vendor, but if it is a standard in game enchantment that has been around for a while why not? Because you want me to sink my AD into buying another enchantment. That is stupid; I rather upgrade my enchantments I have now and trade them in. The later is where Cryptic will make money off me. The swapping out to a lower enchantments they won't make a dime off me as I will simply use AD earned from playing and buy what I want vs. upgrading R14 to R15 where I will buy a coal ward with cash. So who is losing money from me. Oh yeah, cryptic is if I have to swap to a lower rank enchantment.

The other thing is the enchantments I have on my character are bound to my account, so they cannot be sold for AD later on.

Players who swapped in enchantments for Runestones by accident are now stuck with runestones that they may not want. How is that fair if it was an honest mistake. Or how about players who are not playing right now do to personal issues that is keeping them away from the game and they have enchantments they want to trade; now those players get screwed and may lose value on their enchantments do to the changes.

I think leaving it in play and adding the ability to swap runestones is a great add to the game. You may disagree, and we can agree to disagree. I believe leaving the enchantment vendor in the game improves the quality of life in the game.

In past mods, the vorpal was once king, then wasn't, then lightning was king for some for awhile, then it wasn't. No one begged for a qol vendor at that point. They just....made, bought or traded for the new flavor of the mod enchant. BiS weapon enchants have changed so often that I have many ranked up and anyone who's been playing the game for a lengthy time should by now as well.

We'll just disagree on this since I see this as nothing more than giving handouts. It was a favor that was done with the enormous changes made this mod.

That's my opinion.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

We'll just disagree on this since I see this as nothing more than giving handouts. It was a favor that was done with the enormous changes made this mod.

I see it as a bailout for people who had agreed to take bound enchantment for a quick solution. I exchanged zero exchantments. I built new ones and slowly sold off unused ones when prices rose. It's a bit annoying having to play the AH, but to me, taking a bound enchantment is a bad short-sighted decision.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    I have been getting eldrich runes from lockboxes so I hope they at least keep the on on PS4 open until they fix that issue.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    iirc it stays around for the things that you can't do anything with. just not for enchants that have a use.

what about a compromise. let the vendor stay, let it exchange enchantments like before, add runestones... but turn it into an AD sink where the cost of exchanging an enchantment scales with the rank of the enchantment, to a max of, say, a million ad. and keep it bound to character when you exchange. that way, people who want to exchange can still exchange. it's not 'free' to do so, and there's a limitation that means for anyone who wants to be able to move enchants between characters, buying enchants from the AH is still preferable, meaning that upgrading and selling enchants remains viable.

no

what about a compromise. let the vendor stay, let it exchange enchantments like before, add runestones... but turn it into an AD sink where the cost of exchanging an enchantment scales with the rank of the enchantment, to a max of, say, a million ad. and keep it bound to character when you exchange. that way, people who want to exchange can still exchange. it's not 'free' to do so, and there's a limitation that means for anyone who wants to be able to move enchants between characters, buying enchants from the AH is still preferable, meaning that upgrading and selling enchants remains viable.

I would be fine if they did something like this but I find a million AD is a bit harsh. I would be fine with a cost of 5-10K per a rank of the enchantment. So if I am swapping 10 R15 than it would cost me 1.5M AD if it was 10K per a rank.