Tiamat 10 Person is Still Unplayable

Comments

• Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    fyrstigor said:

kangkeok said:

fyrstigor said:

These tutorials that u want takes the game out of the game. Step by step guides on getting a chest is not a game.

Just to be clear with u the second time. Never in the game has tutorial ever interfere with player's tactics or suggested any tactics to win the game. Take demogorgon for example, tutorial only provide the information that the player need to close the portal before the times runs out but never did it suggest on which portal to close. The "close only purple portal" are just tactics made by the player to win the game. Only guides made by player teaches u how to win.

Don't get confuse here. Tutorial does not teach player to win. They only introduce the player to the tools available. What the player gonna do with these tools are up for them to decides.

I don't get why people are so against ingame tutorial. What harm are there to add in another source of information on top of having advice from vet player or the internet guide? Adding ingame tutorial only broaden the option for people to get their information from. Its not about which source are better. Its more about expanding the option so more type of people are expose to the information. I'm starting to think people are nitpicking here.
    And there is already helpfull info in tiamat for this. There is the quest tracker, there is the voice ques. After each summoner is killed a thing pops up u can interact with, so why not try it ? They even made so the gems now are on "F" instead of having to be slotted, this alone made it easier and more intuitive.

Demo tutorials have never helped in random ques. Most skip them, those who watch learn nothing from them. Why would it be any different from tiamat ? Tiamat can be complete without any gems, its just slower and more of a mess, but possible. This makes the gems a tactic u can use or not. So a video telling players to grab a gem will indeed be a tutorial on what tactics to use. And even then, how many will know when to use them? how many will pick one up anyway, they either skip the video or doesnt learn from it, demo has thought us that much. The only reason u dont see people complaining about demo being to hard for them here, is that u can get the random completing from a bronze so they hardly ever fail.

If u wanna help making tiamat less of a pain in random que, make it so that when the timer runs out, u get participation trophy for sticking around 25 min, aka the random quest is completed and satisfied. But the chest at the end is still closed.

Then what's the problem with adding another helpful info on the gem existence then? I don't see any harm in it? There are still lot of people still don't know about it and there is always a new wave of fresh player to add on the rank.

Tutorial on existence of the gem indeed does not help those player that already know of its existence but it help those that still oblivious to it. In pug run, things are already messy and uncoordinated. It cant afford to get messier or risk a fail run. Dragon gem are needed for pug. Especially for weaker group which usually consist mostly of new player.

Also it really depends on the presentation of the video clip to know if people can learn from it effectively. U cant really judge on a video clip that doesn't exist yet, can u? U also cant generalize people that they either will skip the video or doesn't learn from it. I'm sure there are people like Sakkara out there that find the tutorial helpful.

And no, a video on the existence of the gem is not a tactic. The decision to use them are the tactics. And that's made by the player not the video. Like in a battlefield, scout reports are not tactics. They are intelligence. The decision on how to make use of the intelligence to mobilize troops are the tactics. So stop twisting facts.

Anyway I have made my suggestion. New player deserve to know the existence of the dragon gem and where to get them. A tutorial clip on showing it will definitely help and that helps the overall run when everybody know where to pick up gem. Whether they will understand the clip or will watch the clip is not for us to say. Especially when the developer has not develop the clip yet. I'm just baffled at how u are able to judge that. Really tired of people nitpicking.
  • Options
    fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User

In Throne the tip on the top right of the screen will tell you to use the hulks to break the shield / prison bars. This is a useful tool and I very rarely see anyone that does not know the mechanic.

At some point they stopped doing this, CODG does not give the same advise on the skulls or ooze giving players any hints.

I agree that small tips on what is expected next is what most players would expect. This is how the quests bring you thru the entire game.

They do not tell you the best way to beat content (purple tears only) but do advise you will need to at least open the tears.

I am not for full in game tutorials but do believe much of the new content is missing very basic information on how to do things.

Remember not everyone wants to learn from watching others, PC end game players get the fun of figuring things out but late starters and console players are kicked / unwanted in groups if they expect to have the same fun experience.

Now u mention CODG as a one of those places where no hints are given. Thats just wrong though. From the story though the campaign and from tong u know that Azerak is show as this big white ghost head. And the quest tracker tells u to fight him. Now he is a something up in the air that u cant hit so u wonder how. U kill adds, nothing happens. The skulls spawn, u either kill it and it goes flying in some direction. Or u dont kill it and it explodes. If u didnt kill it u kill it next round to avoid the explosion and see it goes flying. Now u put 2 and 2 together and figure out u have to hit Azerak with the exploding heads. This phase has no time limit, so u can spend all the time u want learning this.

Second phase, the quest tracker tells u to stop the gears from turning. When u kill the jelly cubes the animation sends jelly flying everywhere. U see how it follow a player. Again u add things up, and try to take a cube to one of the gears and the tracker tells u 1/8 is stopped. After time u learn the range of the jelly and see u can get 2 gears at a time with 1 cube. This is extra know how from running it many times, this is not something u need to know for ur first clear.

I cant remember the platform phase, but im pretty sure the quest tracker is telling u to kill 0/8 cords. And since they are the only thing in the room u can target, well u hit it.

Myself i mostly ignore the quest tracker these days no matter where i go. I just try things and see how it goes. But if i have no clue what to do, its always there pointing me in a direction and the rest is up to me to figure out.

Is it to much if the game takes some story from ur campaign walk though and expect u to have paid attention there ? Campaign and dungeons are after all connected.

And most dmg mechanic indicators in the game are the same. Red = move away. Arrows pointing on u = group soak. Arrows over ur head drops some thing on the ground where u stand, so run away from everyone. And thats something u can learn over time from doing stuff on ur own and from grouping in many places by either by trial and error or from having someone teach u.

• Options
    kangkeok said:

fyrstigor said:

kangkeok said:

fyrstigor said:

These tutorials that u want takes the game out of the game. Step by step guides on getting a chest is not a game.

Just to be clear with u the second time. Never in the game has tutorial ever interfere with player's tactics or suggested any tactics to win the game. Take demogorgon for example, tutorial only provide the information that the player need to close the portal before the times runs out but never did it suggest on which portal to close. The "close only purple portal" are just tactics made by the player to win the game. Only guides made by player teaches u how to win.

Don't get confuse here. Tutorial does not teach player to win. They only introduce the player to the tools available. What the player gonna do with these tools are up for them to decides.

I don't get why people are so against ingame tutorial. What harm are there to add in another source of information on top of having advice from vet player or the internet guide? Adding ingame tutorial only broaden the option for people to get their information from. Its not about which source are better. Its more about expanding the option so more type of people are expose to the information. I'm starting to think people are nitpicking here.
    And there is already helpfull info in tiamat for this. There is the quest tracker, there is the voice ques. After each summoner is killed a thing pops up u can interact with, so why not try it ? They even made so the gems now are on "F" instead of having to be slotted, this alone made it easier and more intuitive.

Demo tutorials have never helped in random ques. Most skip them, those who watch learn nothing from them. Why would it be any different from tiamat ? Tiamat can be complete without any gems, its just slower and more of a mess, but possible. This makes the gems a tactic u can use or not. So a video telling players to grab a gem will indeed be a tutorial on what tactics to use. And even then, how many will know when to use them? how many will pick one up anyway, they either skip the video or doesnt learn from it, demo has thought us that much. The only reason u dont see people complaining about demo being to hard for them here, is that u can get the random completing from a bronze so they hardly ever fail.

If u wanna help making tiamat less of a pain in random que, make it so that when the timer runs out, u get participation trophy for sticking around 25 min, aka the random quest is completed and satisfied. But the chest at the end is still closed.

Then what's the problem with adding another helpful info on the gem existence then? I don't see any harm in it? There are still lot of people still don't know about it and there is always a new wave of fresh player to add on the rank.

Tutorial on existence of the gem indeed does not help those player that already know of its existence but it help those that still oblivious to it. In pug run, things are already messy and uncoordinated. It cant afford to get messier or risk a fail run. Dragon gem are needed for pug. Especially for weaker group which usually consist mostly of new player.

Also it really depends on the presentation of the video clip to know if people can learn from it effectively. U cant really judge on a video clip that doesn't exist yet, can u? U also cant generalize people that they either will skip the video or doesn't learn from it. I'm sure there are people like Sakkara out there that find the tutorial helpful.

And no, a video on the existence of the gem is not a tactic. The decision to use them are the tactics. And that's made by the player not the video. Like in a battlefield, scout reports are not tactics. They are intelligence. The decision on how to make use of the intelligence to mobilize troops are the tactics. So stop twisting facts.

Anyway I have made my suggestion. New player deserve to know the existence of the dragon gem and where to get them. A tutorial clip on showing it will definitely help and that helps the overall run when everybody know where to pick up gem. Whether they will understand the clip or will watch the clip is not for us to say. Especially when the developer has not develop the clip yet. I'm just baffled at how u are able to judge that. Really tired of people nitpicking.
    The problem would be that it teaches players bad behavior. Something thats been out for years. Something thats never been an issue before. And now that they gotta work a little more on their own end to either learn, understand or figure things out. Or go look for advise from some place that do know. And instead of doing that, they complain about the dungeon being to hard for them to understand. Bad behavior like that shouldnt be rewarded by making things easier or explained more. Cause those players will see it worked, they will do it again, and they will try to get more added in more places to dumb down the game more and more.

Next obvious place would be CR. Ive seen many give up, blame the game and call it impossible cause its easier than to learn the patterns of the last boss. And u dont even have to learn the pattern, u just have to pay attention and move correctly.

Give in once, and they will be asking for it everywhere else based on, "u did it for tiamat, why not here".
  • Options
    So for all of u who say we need more tutorials, more help, that the game isnt doing enough.

I have now spent a few min investigating and found out something interesting. I went looking in my journal for clues, just little hints of what should be done in Tiamat, something to help me if i was a new player, and i found this.

https://prnt.sc/ob63jk

This was taken on my main who have done everything, so i couldnt be sure this was enough. I took an alt i had at lvl 80, who never really did anything and his journal was mostly empty. The battle tactics page was not there. So i put some gear on him, got him up in level and solo qued for tiamat, his first ever tiamat. Shortly after i got in there i got a message at the top of my screen saying lore had been updated, click to see. And to my surprise this page of tiamat info with the full everything was there.

So this step by step guide that i didnt wanna have in the game, was already there. I just never knew about it, cause i skip all i can, never read my lore. But its there. So in my sadness over finding this out, at least i can be happy that i was right. The game have done enough for the players to know, the game have done their part. Its just the players who doesnt pay attention and doesnt look for anything in the game itself.
  • Options
    fyrstigor said:

So for all of u who say we need more tutorials, more help, that the game isnt doing enough.

I have now spent a few min investigating and found out something interesting. I went looking in my journal for clues, just little hints of what should be done in Tiamat, something to help me if i was a new player, and i found this.

This was taken on my main who have done everything, so i couldnt be sure this was enough. I took an alt i had at lvl 80, who never really did anything and his journal was mostly empty. The battle tactics page was not there. So i put some gear on him, got him up in level and solo qued for tiamat, his first ever tiamat. Shortly after i got in there i got a message at the top of my screen saying lore had been updated, click to see. And to my surprise this page of tiamat info with the full everything was there.

So this step by step guide that i didnt wanna have in the game, was already there. I just never knew about it, cause i skip all i can, never read my lore. But its there. So in my sadness over finding this out, at least i can be happy that i was right. The game have done enough for the players to know, the game have done their part. Its just the players who doesnt pay attention and doesnt look for anything in the game itself.

First, u are against it, now u are giving it. Sometimes I question if u are here to argue just for the sake of arguing. Anyway, thanks for sharing. And this is what I mean, if u have not mention this, fewer people will know about this written guide. At least I can now spread the word in zone chat about it. Although a video clip of it from the developer would still be appreciated since its more effective and guarantee the message to be passed on than a written guide that not many player would suspect its whereabout.
  • Options
    kangkeok said:

fyrstigor said:

First, u are against it, now u are giving it. Sometimes I question if u are here to argue just for the sake of arguing. Anyway, thanks for sharing. And this is what I mean, if u have not mention this, fewer people will know about this written guide. At least I can now spread the word in zone chat about it. Although a video clip of it from the developer would still be appreciated since its more effective and guarantee the message to be passed on than a written guide that not many player would suspect its whereabout.
    Im still against it. Nothing has changed. And i very clearly said that in my post. But i cant really help what is already in the game, and what have most likely been in the game for years, i just never noticed it.

Correct, if i had not mentioned this, fewer people would not have know, because they like me do not pay attention, they do not care, or w/e their reason is.

U insisted that the game was to blame for bad random tiamats. Now there u know there is a written and pretty step by step tutorial, and u still want a video showing the same thing? Cause its the games fault no one pays attention or reads their lore book? I mean come on. At some point even u gotta accept the players are to blame here, not the game. Or are u that far gone that u think NW should be a game where each player is asked how they want their game, and we each get out own version specially catered for out "special" needs? In that case, what about a voice over explaining it too ? Cause maybe someone doesnt like to watch videos they prefer listening. Or someone who prefers a play though tutorial. We should have those too? Just to be 100% sure EVERYONE gets their preferred way of explanation from the game devs.
  • Options
    fyrstigor said:

kangkeok said:

fyrstigor said:

Im still against it. Nothing has changed. And i very clearly said that in my post. But i cant really help what is already in the game, and what have most likely been in the game for years, i just never noticed it.

Correct, if i had not mentioned this, fewer people would not have know, because they like me do not pay attention, they do not care, or w/e their reason is.

U insisted that the game was to blame for bad random tiamats. Now there u know there is a written and pretty step by step tutorial, and u still want a video showing the same thing? Cause its the games fault no one pays attention or reads their lore book? I mean come on. At some point even u gotta accept the players are to blame here, not the game. Or are u that far gone that u think NW should be a game where each player is asked how they want their game, and we each get out own version specially catered for out "special" needs? In that case, what about a voice over explaining it too ? Cause maybe someone doesnt like to watch videos they prefer listening. Or someone who prefers a play though tutorial. We should have those too? Just to be 100% sure EVERYONE gets their preferred way of explanation from the game devs.
    Nobody are blaming the developer. That's your own thought. If u can't differentiate between blaming the developer and suggesting a suggestion, then I pity u. I also find u to be a self deceiving person. No matter how many millions times I explain, u'll never get my point. So I'm gonna stop here instead of further bloating up this thread. Have a nice day.
  • Options
    plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User

plan009 said:

You misunderstand. Pre vs. post change (25 vs 10). The mechanics were completely changed.

No, they were not.
    Yes, they were. You cut off my quote early and cut out the context. "You misunderstand. Pre vs. post change (25 vs 10). The mechanics were completely changed. As I mentioned and @kangkeok, further elaborated on, it was supposed to be 5 per head, now it's 2."

5 people per head may not be the way to play, but it was what was intended.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    plan009 said:

plan009 said:

You misunderstand. Pre vs. post change (25 vs 10). The mechanics were completely changed.

No, they were not.
    Yes, they were. You cut off my quote early and cut out the context. "You misunderstand. Pre vs. post change (25 vs 10). The mechanics were completely changed. As I mentioned and @kangkeok, further elaborated on, it was supposed to be 5 per head, now it's 2."

The intent of how to play has nothing to do with how the mechanics work. Try not to get the 2 confused.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    kangkeok said:

fyrstigor said:

kangkeok said:

fyrstigor said:

Nobody are blaming the developer. That's your own thought. If u can't differentiate between blaming the developer and suggesting a suggestion, then I pity u. I also find u to be a self deceiving person. No matter how many millions times I explain, u'll never get my point. So I'm gonna stop here instead of further bloating up this thread. Have a nice day.
    U most certainly are blaming the devs and their game, u have been several times in this thread.
    kangkeok said:

The game need to provide people some info on the mechanics to speed up the process or else people's morale gonna take its toll.

Its the games fault, who is made by the devs, that people dont know about mechanics.
    kangkeok said:

I'm just pointing out there are people who doesn't visit forum and does look for advice ingame. Ingame tutorial are meant for them.

Again, its the games aka devs fault for not providing ingame tutorials so new players can learn and not fail
    kangkeok said:

The developer should make it more forgiving by loosen up the mechanic abit.

U even blame the devs for making it to hard, because of said tutorials arent in the game. And u want them to make it easier because of it.
    kangkeok said:

A guide is needed to at least bring everyone to the same level where they at least know the basic mechanics. Not everyone is born a soldier. Some still require basic training.

If a guide is a "must have" for everyone to be on the same level, and the devs didnt put one in. Who are u blaming then?

So im self deceiving because i dont agree with u? And because u explained ur point many times and i still dont agree with u? U know that goes both ways right? Ive explained mine several times, and u dont agree with me, so what does that make u?

But the fact still stands, i found the mechanic explanation u where saying multiple times was needed and must have, else the runs would be bad. Turns out it was already there, and most likely have been for years. So u where wrong, tiamat doesnt fail because the game didnt provide the help and the info. It fails because no one ever read it. But stilll u continue on saying we need video of it aswell because why? Because players cant be blamed for not wanting to use the info already there?

I will repeat myself again for u then.
    fyrstigor said:

At some point even u gotta accept the players are to blame here, not the game.

• Options
    plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User

plan009 said:

plan009 said:

No, they were not.

The intent of how to play has nothing to do with how the mechanics work. Try not to get the 2 confused.
    I'm not. The intended *mechanics* were 5 people per head, but whatever...
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • Options
    cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The only thing they did this mod was move the new player wall in the game from RAQ down to RIQ. RIQ is the new queue where most start to fail in the game. This is helping with reducing the amount of AD in the game for the exchange but it is also making players leave the game much earlier. Will have to see if this pays off for cryptic in the long term.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • Options

The only thing they did this mod was move the new player wall in the game from RAQ down to RIQ. RIQ is the new queue where most start to fail in the game. This is helping with reducing the amount of AD in the game for the exchange but it is also making players leave the game much earlier. Will have to see if this pays off for cryptic in the long term.

New player wall ? RAQ = advanced que, so clearly not a place for a new player. RIQ = intermediate, a place between new player and advanced, still not a place a new player should expect always clears.

Getting to level 80 is pretty easy and new player friendly. Getting high gear that offers lots of stats is pretty easy at lvl 80. Doing some randoms and other lower level ques to get ur RADs everyday, even though ur just starting out, is pretty easy.

But why should a new player having low stats, not being able to do much because they are missing a lot of everything, expect to be able to do RIQ and RAQ without fails? If a player cant pull their own weight, the group have higher chance of failure. And u cant expect in random ques that there will always be someone to pull extra so those who cant will still get their clear.

The game have never been easier for new players to get into. Before u had to spend millions and millions on getting BiS everything, before u where even able to do much of anything anywhere. Now all u have to worry about is stats. U dont need to invest insane AD on ur toon before it becomes good.
  • Options
    fyrstigor said:

New player wall ? RAQ = advanced que, so clearly not a place for a new player. RIQ = intermediate, a place between new player and advanced, still not a place a new player should expect always clears.

Getting to level 80 is pretty easy and new player friendly. Getting high gear that offers lots of stats is pretty easy at lvl 80. Doing some randoms and other lower level ques to get ur RADs everyday, even though ur just starting out, is pretty easy.

But why should a new player having low stats, not being able to do much because they are missing a lot of everything, expect to be able to do RIQ and RAQ without fails? If a player cant pull their own weight, the group have higher chance of failure. And u cant expect in random ques that there will always be someone to pull extra so those who cant will still get their clear.

The game have never been easier for new players to get into. Before u had to spend millions and millions on getting BiS everything, before u where even able to do much of anything anywhere. Now all u have to worry about is stats. U dont need to invest insane AD on ur toon before it becomes good.
    RAQ used to be the first place that new players complained about content being too hard in the game hence the "wall" analogy. This has now changed down to RIQ for new players since the things that are best in scaled content are the things that they are pushed to purchase in the store and not given to them. Things that aren't scaled in that content is stronghold boons, companions stats and mount insignia bonuses. This means most of the players going for the first time into RIQ don't have anywhere near the max stats to do the content. This can mean up to a 90% reduction for them in damage and 3 times more damage to them in that content than normal players. That is even before factoring in that they don't know what to do for mechanics in the content.
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I am going to suggest that they do the same thing in Tiamat that they did to Demogorgon. Don't just start it. Dont' start until all 10 are in the area like your entering an instance. That way things can be explained and you can plan your strategy to make sure you get the gems that are necessary. Right now the two you need are Red/Green as Blue swapped with Red for some reason on which one will kill you now. probably have a couple melee with white but 4 red and 4 green should do the trick. I'd really like to not always fail RIQ when this comes up. Whenever it takes the full time on the countdown for the instance I want to D/C as I know its Tiamat .
  • Options

fyrstigor said:

RAQ used to be the first place that new players complained about content being too hard in the game hence the "wall" analogy. This has now changed down to RIQ for new players since the things that are best in scaled content are the things that they are pushed to purchase in the store and not given to them. Things that aren't scaled in that content is stronghold boons, companions stats and mount insignia bonuses. This means most of the players going for the first time into RIQ don't have anywhere near the max stats to do the content. This can mean up to a 90% reduction for them in damage and 3 times more damage to them in that content than normal players. That is even before factoring in that they don't know what to do for mechanics in the content.
    RIQ used to be easy, and u could do it without doing mechanics and without having much of any stats. U could do them naked if u wanted to. RAQ used to be kinda the same way, since a lot of players was able to pretty much solo those places, or atleast do so much dmg that what the party did / how they where geared became almost irrelevant.

RIQ or RAQ isnt much harder now. I would say for the most places they are easier than before. With the exception that now u cant do this insane dmg so even though it might be easy for the 1 person, u still have to reply on a team doing their job too.

This wall is where it should be. The wall is for those who doesnt build right, or doesnt chose the right stats and gear. The wall keep those who doesnt contribute to grouped content out.

U can get enough stats to be usefull from ME gear, rank 8 enchantments, bondings (my rank 15, is scaled down equal to rank 10 in CN), and epic augment pet. Right now cheapest epic augment is 130k. U dont need the best possible one starting out, u just need something to start u off.

For a new player who spends just 500k AD on their toon, and spend it correctly They can pretty easy get to a point where they can do their job in both RIQ and RAQ (most of the dungeons). They will not be super strong, they will not be able to carry, but they will not be dead weight causing the group to fail. Now all thats left is learning mechanics. How they learn those will be up to them. Ingame help, guild, trial and error or w/e their preferred way is.

So the only players thats excluded from RIQ and RAQ is those who doesnt wanna learn, doesnt wanna build correctly. Everyone have the choice to do so. Not everyone makes it.
  • Options
    empalas said:

I am going to suggest that they do the same thing in Tiamat that they did to Demogorgon. Don't just start it. Dont' start until all 10 are in the area like your entering an instance. That way things can be explained and you can plan your strategy to make sure you get the gems that are necessary. Right now the two you need are Red/Green as Blue swapped with Red for some reason on which one will kill you now. probably have a couple melee with white but 4 red and 4 green should do the trick. I'd really like to not always fail RIQ when this comes up. Whenever it takes the full time on the countdown for the instance I want to D/C as I know its Tiamat .

The instance will not start until most have loaded and are in the instance. I think its 8 or 9 thats the limit. Cant remember the number, but pretty sure it was mentioned in the patch notes for when tiamat came back.
  • Options
    fyrstigor said:

fyrstigor said:

RIQ used to be easy, and u could do it without doing mechanics and without having much of any stats. U could do them naked if u wanted to. RAQ used to be kinda the same way, since a lot of players was able to pretty much solo those places, or atleast do so much dmg that what the party did / how they where geared became almost irrelevant.

RIQ or RAQ isnt much harder now. I would say for the most places they are easier than before. With the exception that now u cant do this insane dmg so even though it might be easy for the 1 person, u still have to reply on a team doing their job too.

This wall is where it should be. The wall is for those who doesnt build right, or doesnt chose the right stats and gear. The wall keep those who doesnt contribute to grouped content out.

U can get enough stats to be usefull from ME gear, rank 8 enchantments, bondings (my rank 15, is scaled down equal to rank 10 in CN), and epic augment pet. Right now cheapest epic augment is 130k. U dont need the best possible one starting out, u just need something to start u off.

For a new player who spends just 500k AD on their toon, and spend it correctly They can pretty easy get to a point where they can do their job in both RIQ and RAQ (most of the dungeons). They will not be super strong, they will not be able to carry, but they will not be dead weight causing the group to fail. Now all thats left is learning mechanics. How they learn those will be up to them. Ingame help, guild, trial and error or w/e their preferred way is.

So the only players thats excluded from RIQ and RAQ is those who doesnt wanna learn, doesnt wanna build correctly. Everyone have the choice to do so. Not everyone makes it.
    RIQ are only completeable for new characters if they are carried. A team of all new players in the RIQ will almost always fail. This is why I say that 9k rAD is all your going to get until you finish the new campaign and can do ME's. Then, your needing to be carried through your ME's each day to get access to 15k more rAD each day. Most new players are only making about 25k rAD a day so that 500k AD your saying represents about 20 days played into the game. The two items that make the biggest difference in scaled content is mounts and companions. Both of those cost in the millions of AD to accumulate over time but are also items that are sold in game. The most heavily scaled items in the game are the enchants and gear in scaled content.

FYI, I did a challenge of trying to start a toon as a new player so I know what it is like. Also, your damage for new players in how they are scaled in content is up to 90% reduction in their damage and 3 times more damage taken when hit. Your analogy that players are just bad isn't always correct.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    fyrstigor said:

empalas said:

The instance will not start until most have loaded and are in the instance. I think its 8 or 9 thats the limit. Cant remember the number, but pretty sure it was mentioned in the patch notes for when tiamat came back.
    But that isn't good enough for what needs to happen as people will just start in and not pay attention to chat once they get going. My suggestion would allow for the chat to take place without them already fighting
  • Options

fyrstigor said:

fyrstigor said:

RIQ are only completeable for new characters if they are carried. A team of all new players in the RIQ will almost always fail. This is why I say that 9k rAD is all your going to get until you finish the new campaign and can do ME's. Then, your needing to be carried through your ME's each day to get access to 15k more rAD each day. Most new players are only making about 25k rAD a day so that 500k AD your saying represents about 20 days played into the game. The two items that make the biggest difference in scaled content is mounts and companions. Both of those cost in the millions of AD to accumulate over time but are also items that are sold in game. The most heavily scaled items in the game are the enchants and gear in scaled content.

FYI, I did a challenge of trying to start a toon as a new player so I know what it is like. Also, your damage for new players in how they are scaled in content is up to 90% reduction in their damage and 3 times more damage taken when hit. Your analogy that players are just bad isn't always correct.
    Spending their AD the wrong way, still makes u a bad player. And tiamat can be completed just as good as all other ques in intermediate as a new player. Its just easier to carry someone in 5 man than it is in 10 man. But its still intermediate que, its not new player starting out first timer que. If u cant complete a que, if ur always dying, not able to do dmg, then stop doing said que in random before u build ur toon stronger.

But how can u become stronger if u cant do the random ques for AD? Well all ques have a chest at the end that gives RADs, takes no key. So do the things u can that u are strong enough for, to get more RADs than just the RLQ. U mentioned MEs aswell. Join a guild thats willing to take u into RIQ and carry u. Join a guild who likes to run dungeons in all itemlvl ranges, and do some ETOS, CN and those every day for more RADs.

U have choices, u have options. Not taking them and complaining u cant earn RADs to build ur toon. Makes u a bad player.

But like i said before, someone who spends 500k AD right on their toon will be able to do RIQ and contribute something to the group. And even if they only make 25k RADs a day. Thats only 20 days of stuff to make ur toon enter RIQ. As a new player u need to do campaigns for boons anyway. So 20 days isnt really that long. Why should a new player expect to be able to enter 50% of random ques available from day 1 at lvl 80 and expect them to be completed every time?
  • Options
    empalas said:

fyrstigor said:

empalas said:

But that isn't good enough for what needs to happen as people will just start in and not pay attention to chat once they get going. My suggestion would allow for the chat to take place without them already fighting
    I dont look at chat, or use chat in random demo unless someone isnt standing on the circle. Same thing would most likely happen in tiamat too.

And u dont need to coordinate in chat for a tiamat to be successful if everyone knows the mechanics. Everyone can look at the cleric meters and go to the other side if its falling behind ur side.
  • Options
    fyrstigor said:

fyrstigor said:

fyrstigor said:

Spending their AD the wrong way, still makes u a bad player. And tiamat can be completed just as good as all other ques in intermediate as a new player. Its just easier to carry someone in 5 man than it is in 10 man. But its still intermediate que, its not new player starting out first timer que. If u cant complete a que, if ur always dying, not able to do dmg, then stop doing said que in random before u build ur toon stronger.

But how can u become stronger if u cant do the random ques for AD? Well all ques have a chest at the end that gives RADs, takes no key. So do the things u can that u are strong enough for, to get more RADs than just the RLQ. U mentioned MEs aswell. Join a guild thats willing to take u into RIQ and carry u. Join a guild who likes to run dungeons in all itemlvl ranges, and do some ETOS, CN and those every day for more RADs.

U have choices, u have options. Not taking them and complaining u cant earn RADs to build ur toon. Makes u a bad player.

But like i said before, someone who spends 500k AD right on their toon will be able to do RIQ and contribute something to the group. And even if they only make 25k RADs a day. Thats only 20 days of stuff to make ur toon enter RIQ. As a new player u need to do campaigns for boons anyway. So 20 days isnt really that long. Why should a new player expect to be able to enter 50% of random ques available from day 1 at lvl 80 and expect them to be completed every time?
    The problem is that they can't make rAD to buy things in game but you somehow think they can spend 500k AD pulled from where? Most will take a month or more after hitting level 80 of grinding RLQ and ME to get the ability to where they even have the 500k AD your talking about. This is very discouraging for players to have the item level to do RIQ and even be higher than it only to see that they don't have the companions and mounts that give the stats necessary to do the higher randoms (which they qualify for due to handed out gear but is the most highly scaled items in the game). You don't get companions or mounts in the catch up gear. This means your buying or getting lucky to get those in game. Most companions and mounts start in the 100k or more range of AD and still need to be upgraded. That is a lot of 25k rAD days to earn those.

What I heard from you was just a statement to have other players carry you through content until you can do RIQ. RIQ is for players who are 12k to 14k in game. You are a 12k player the moment you hit level 80 and put on the gear/enchants you have received along the way. What I am trying to get you to understand is that this gear doesn't give you good stats in the RIQ but the item level of the gear places you in to where those areas are open to you. Your not a bad player for attempting content that the game says you qualify to get into but you seem to think that means a new player is bad. I am trying to point out that the game needs to give players better stats in the RIQ because the RIQ content is for the players in the 12k to 14k range not end game players. I am also trying to point out how demoralizing it is to have the content that is meant for the range of player to not be complete able for players in that point of the game. Right now we have end game players who are mad that they don't have difficult hard content. RIQ is meant for players trying to transition into end game. Why is the content not complete able for players in the 12k item level range that have finished leveling and looking to transition to end game without being carried?

FYI, I am an end game player. I just run a guild and am giving feedback on the quality of new players who enter the game from someone who tested content to see why I was getting complaints on it. Those players are essentially going to get to where they can play RIQ and immediately find such a high amount of grind that they leave the game. This is why I am equating RIQ for new players as a wall that they either have to play the game a really long time, have friends who will carry them or pay money to get the mounts/companions to do the content.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    You don't have to do just random queues to make AD. You can simply queue for dungeons you can run and earn AD from the chest at the end. The more chests at the end, the better. If someone isn't making 100k ad a day it's either due to laziness or lack of free time to play.
  • Options
    @cherryman1

U can make RADs in the game, its not that hard. Even for new players who are just starting out. Personally i havent leveled a toon in years, so i cant speak to how long it takes, but spending a month on it seems pretty slow to me. But anyway, lets take a month, or 30 days. I cant remember when RLQ unlocks, but lets give them first 5 days to get it unlocked. So 25 days of RLQ with a daily bonus of 9200 RADs. So once they hit lvl 80 they would have 230k AD. More if invoking bonus. Right now u can get an Energon for 16k. Bonding rank 9 for like 20k each. So less than 100k and they are already off to a good start.

I did that on one of my lvl 80 alts who have nothing else. No guild boons. Removed mount bonus. Removed all other pet bonus than the energon. I had chest and feet from ME gear. I have spyguild shirt and pants, just to get to 13k itemlvl. The shirt and pants comes in ME version to for a little less itemlvl, but then i could have put ME arms on and it would be about the same anyway. The rest of the gear was from the intro quest from lvl 80, all enchantments was rank 8, rank 8 runestones too. And only 3 of them cause i had the starting pet gear from intro quest.

With this setup i had 51k power, 39k arm pen, 38k crit, 32k crit. So with less gear than someone who leveled to 80, did the campaign and got a few pieces of ME gear. I already had over half the stats needed to cap for RIQ. Had i done the campaign for the choke chain and the pearl ring, i would be even better off and much closer to stat caps. And this is a fully fresh toon, who didnt do anything but lvl to 80. Didnt even have guild boons

So this so called wall ur talking about is more in the players choices than it is in the stats, the gear or the options everyone have. Granted they are new, so they might now know all the right choices. Good thing we have guilds u can join and get help.

RIQ is 13k itemlvl. And RIQ is not a transition into endgame. Most things in RAQ isnt even endgame anymore.

When a person starts an MMO game, and then leaves because there is grinding. That just tells me they should never have started the game in the first place. And Neverwinter from what else i have tried, and heard from others, have very little grind compared to many. Lots of grind to become BiS, but to get to a point where ur good, can do good, not very much grind.
  • Options
    fyrstigor said:

@cherryman1

Personally i havent leveled a toon in years, so i cant speak...

I just did this to see what a new player experiences for mod 16. I wrote about it in another part of the forum. I did this in this current mod and that is what I am speaking from. If you haven't done it then either you can take my word for it or try it out. Best way to test it is run a RIQ without any mounts and none with insignias, no mount powers, no better than rank 8 bondings, 1 white companion for the 2 gold, rank 8 enchants, the companion gear with rank 8 runes, 950 level items on your toon on a character without boons. No weapon or armor enchantments and only mount is one of the free white mounts from the mount store. See how enjoyable the RIQ experience is at that point and see if your a contributing member of the party. FYI, your stats are high in scaled content on that toon probably due to having companions/mounts. Use the 3 given artifacts and none with combat abilities. FYI, gear and enchants are more heavily scaled than mounts/companions in scaled content. Now try Many Coins/Tiamat/MPF/LOL with a group that is similarly geared / inexperienced and see how the experience is for you. Oh, and no stronghold boons. That is the new player experience that I got to see. The only wins were if you have 1 or 2 higher level players added into the party.

RLQ and MEs can be done. RLQ is hard at this point still and there are still enough people doing MEs that will carry you through them. RIQ was only able to be done if you got someone who can carry you. Granted, over time you would earn more rAD but doing the method above only gives you 25k a day.

Your stats were about 15k to 20k high on each stat across the board so that means you had something extra that a new player wouldn't be given.
  • Options

fyrstigor said:

@cherryman1

I just did this to see what a new player experiences for mod 16. I wrote about it in another part of the forum. I did this in this current mod and that is what I am speaking from. If you haven't done it then either you can take my word for it or try it out. Best way to test it is run a RIQ without any mounts and none with insignias, no mount powers, no better than rank 8 bondings, 1 white companion for the 2 gold, rank 8 enchants, the companion gear with rank 8 runes, 950 level items on your toon on a character without boons. No weapon or armor enchantments and only mount is one of the free white mounts from the mount store. See how enjoyable the RIQ experience is at that point and see if your a contributing member of the party. FYI, your stats are high in scaled content on that toon probably due to having companions/mounts. Use the 3 given artifacts and none with combat abilities. FYI, gear and enchants are more heavily scaled than mounts/companions in scaled content. Now try Many Coins/Tiamat/MPF/LOL with a group that is similarly geared / inexperienced and see how the experience is for you. Oh, and no stronghold boons. That is the new player experience that I got to see. The only wins were if you have 1 or 2 higher level players added into the party.

RLQ and MEs can be done. RLQ is hard at this point still and there are still enough people doing MEs that will carry you through them. RIQ was only able to be done if you got someone who can carry you. Granted, over time you would earn more rAD but doing the method above only gives you 25k a day.

Your stats were about 15k to 20k high on each stat across the board so that means you had something extra that a new player wouldn't be given.
    New and intermediate are not the same thing, I would expect intermediate to be content for those who have played for a month, which will give the player a good amount of ME gear, some purple companions(namely the energon and a cheap augment), maybe a purple mount, some blue mounts, some boons, and a guild for those who are not anti-social.
  • Options
    arazith07 said:

fyrstigor said:

@cherryman1

New and intermediate are not the same thing, I would expect intermediate to be content for those who have played for a month, which will give the player a good amount of ME gear, some purple companions(namely the energon and a cheap augment), maybe a purple mount, some blue mounts, some boons, and a guild for those who are not anti-social.
    It takes less than 24 hours of in game time to get to level 80 and capable of RIQ. When does that new player hit that intermediate area? Is it when they can queue for the content or is it after months of working on their toon?
  • Options

arazith07 said:

fyrstigor said:

@cherryman1

It takes less than 24 hours of in game time to get to level 80 and capable of RIQ. When does that new player hit that intermediate area? Is it when they can queue for the content or is it after months of working on their toon?
    For the minimum requirements, sure. But I'm sure that the intent of RIQ is for mid game content, and it's even in the name, Intermediate. Just because you can queue for something, doesn't mean you should. I will agree that this can be better handled by Cryptic in requiring more to unlock it. A new player should not be able to just jump into mid game right off the bat, all that does is setup player expectations that the rest of the game should be easy and is why you get so many complaining about later dungeons being too hard, as there is that big jump in skill. M16 served to bridge that gap somewhat.
  • Options
    arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

fyrstigor said:

@cherryman1

For the minimum requirements, sure. But I'm sure that the intent of RIQ is for mid game content, and it's even in the name, Intermediate. Just because you can queue for something, doesn't mean you should. I will agree that this can be better handled by Cryptic in requiring more to unlock it. A new player should not be able to just jump into mid game right off the bat, all that does is setup player expectations that the rest of the game should be easy and is why you get so many complaining about later dungeons being too hard, as there is that big jump in skill. M16 served to bridge that gap somewhat.
    Most of what I am trying to say in this thread is to show those players who are saying that all the new players are bad may not be completely correct all of the time. Some of the players who are joining the event are decent players, but since they can have such badly scaled stats they can't do the content without better geared players. Best analogy would be like trying to do LoMM while taking off all your gear and having the person who has gear on calling the player without his a bad player because he now can't kill the mimics. Then having that same person say they just need to spend more AD when the reason they are doing RIQ is for extra rAD for the day. It's like the chicken and the egg.
  • Options

If ur a brand new player u shouldnt expect to refine 100k a day just because u can. And 25k a day is plenty for getting started while ur doing campaigns getting boons and getting to know the game. Cause leveling doesnt teach everyone how to play, ive seen many fresh lvl 80 toons having no clue on how their own class works.

I had nothing else than what i told on my toon. Those where the stats and they where a pretty good resemblance of a fresh lvl 80 toon.

https://prnt.sc/ofgcd9

No insignias, no mount equip power. No buffs, no boons, no guild boons.

And when i enter a dungeon im not scaled on anything. Could it be because my itemlvl isnt high enough to trigger the scaling? I dont know. I just know what i see. And with those stats, even better for a real toon since they will have gotten better armor and pet gear from campaign, u cant carry u cant do big dmg, but u should be able to do enough to not be a burden to the group.

A new player who spend their AD in ways that grows them slowly, or doesnt grow them at all. A player who spends their AD boosting the wrong stats. A player who doesnt use the right powers, the right feats to do the best the class have to offer. A player who doesnt know mechanics of content. Is a bad player. Everyone starts off as an inexperienced bad player. Some learn fast, some learn slow. Thats just how things are. And for w/e reason u are a bad player, if u cant do the content ur doing, then stop doing it, and find things u can do until u become better.

Itemlvl requirements have always been the minimum. Some can do it at that itemlvl, some cant. Some cant even do LoMM at 25k. Some can do it before 20k and have to put HAMSTER gear on just for itemlvl. This isnt new. Thats how its always been. And someone capable of doing content at min itemlvl shouldnt be punished just because some thinks minimum itemlvl means, everyone can complete at this itemlvl.

If u play a game and suck u have 2 options. Get better or quit. If the majority chose to quit the creator of said game should evaluate if they made the game to hard for the target group of players.