test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Impressions MOD 16 xbox-devs please read

bobo#5090 bobo Member Posts: 588 Arc User
Overall I was very happy to see that some things changed from PC day 1, and console release. I had created a pally on PC back in march, so I could test the changes since console folks do not have access to playtest server. On day 1 PC release it looked as if I was not going to be able to main a pally anymore. Granted the PC toon was not endgame geared with max boons like my xbox guy. However even on paytest server with similar weapon enchants it was not enjoyable. I did manage to get thru the campaign, but it wasn't as enjoyable as mod 15 had been. Fast forward to day on console release(xbox for me). Much easier for my end game geared pally to go thru campaign, even with less than ideal weapon and armor enchants. It was almost(not quite) but almost as enjoyable for me as mod 15 had been. I was able to solo all the pve content with little issue, and only a few health stones/potions comsumed(mostly in MEs). I was even able to solo the claws of malar quest, something I could not do on pc on launch week.

I love the fact that the new campaign isn't time gated, and really wish the old ones can be reworked for same, as the time gating isn't fun. Especially with having to do the same quest 4x just to advance to the next campaign step. I really like not having a campaign currency to farm to advance the story/campaign.

Now for criticisms:

Just like on PC the rewards(esp MEs with one rune or more) need adjusting. Doing an ME with one rune should not drop blue armor from the chest. This is inexcusable IMHO. The final battle is difficult enough, and the ME takes long enough, that there should nothing less than epic gear in the chest at the end, or as drops from the bosses. Also finding all the magical relics in an expedition should at minimum be an epic drop from the quest turn in at Obaya. Blues are again inexcusable. Getting blue drops from these makes one not want to run the MEs at all, esp when you buy IL940 gear from the mountain seal vendor. We also need more than 5 coalesced magics from each boss in the MEs, and the final chest. I can't see myself grinding for 3 months to get the new artifact set.

Paladin powers, at wills still need a bump in damage, especially for tank. There are some enemies in trash mobs that feel like it takes forever to kill especially when divinity runs out, and you can't use smite. I've said it, before and I'll say it again, divinity is a mechanic that wasn't needed IMHO. If it stays tanks need a way to regen it faster, especially in combat, as it takes too long now. Paladins are holy warriors, that means kicking hamster, taking names, and resurrecting/healing allies. Not running around with shield up waiting for divinity to regen.

Scaling I still say this needs to go away. There's just no need for it. Now granted, I haven't tried any scaled content on xbox yet. I only finished new campaign yesterday, and avoided it as I felt that on PC being up one or 3 lvls above the enemies in Undermountain had really caused me grief. I did do the Jubilee skirmish this morning, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be having been scaled by 50%(Pally is lvl 80, Jubilee skirmish is 40). I'll post more when I go to farm Rad laterer.

I haven't played any other MMOs, I usually avoid them due to too many hamsters out there, but I feel as that with mod 16 being a major release(new content), ~10hrs to get thru it is a short campaign. Of course I'm playing everyday, so maybe when mod 17 hits and I'm back to weekend warrior status it will feel longer. I'm NOT saying the difficulty level was too easy, the unscaled areas felt a little easier that Omu did when I first went into it. Not by much though, and I did upgrade some gear before mod 16 hit. I just think that there could have been more content for a major release. Unless all MMOs have about a similar number of hours of expected playtime to get thru the new content, then it was probably just right.

Biggest complaint of all, losing the ability to customize our toons as we see fit. I had better stats(base ability scores) in mod 15, than I do here. And I'm not happy about it, I spent at least 15 min rerolling those ability scores to get them where I wanted them, when I first started playing just over a year ago. Now all that is gone, they're lower, and I have to rely on potions to bring ability scores up for only a short period of time. Or sacrifice artifact set bonuses to use belt of x ability score modifier to raise ability scores.

Overall I am content with the new mod, and may even take one of my alts thru the campaign. Something I did not think I would be able to do on day 1 of PC launch. I am hopeful that mod 17 will bring with it more good content, and hopefully some changes that bring my paladin closer to what a true paladin in D&D is.

Comments

• Options
    littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I had a maxed out DC and lots of ALT that were 17-18K with all boons. I've only been doing MOD 16 with my DC. Up to level 80 and IL of 22K - I don't find any of this enjoyable. It's easy, sure. But it's not something I'm not going to hang around and play this mind numbing mess.
  • Options
    kyles23kyles23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2019
    :/
    Post edited by kyles23 on