test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why is it so damn hard to aquire alabaster weapon set

2»

Answers

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    plan009 said:

On a related note, what does "high chance" mean for that Gond package that has mounts in it? I tried 8 times and that high chance never happened. That's not "high chance" at all - that phrase suggests higher than 50% and this was, obviously, far less (more like lockboxes). Won't be tricked by the Gond event again.

Not sure what the 'official' figure is but I opened around 30 Creations of Wonder packs and got two Apparatus of Gond packages. In terms of value, I probably broke even. I posted everything I didn't need or want on the AH but still have both Gond packs. I bought the Creations of Wonder packs off the AH rather than try making Doohickeys. So for me, the RNG wasn't too bad this time around :)

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    plan009 said:

silence1x said:

No such thing as a true RNG.

There is true RNG. I've known of it since the 80s (don't know when someone first came up with the idea). You just combine real world input with the computer generated number. Things like the time when the number is generated and/or how long and when the user input is made that triggers the random, etc. I think this idea's been forgotten or ignored. In any case, using RNG to extend play is a lazy excuse for not having content that's fun to play more than once.

On a related note, what does "high chance" mean for that Gond package that has mounts in it? I tried 8 times and that high chance never happened. That's not "high chance" at all - that phrase suggests higher than 50% and this was, obviously, far less (more like lockboxes). Won't be tricked by the Gond event again.
    As long as the RNG is using the same roll chain for all events in game, i.e. no per-character RNG seeding, the resulting numbers as seen from one player will be more or less truly random.

The reason for this is there will be an unpredictable number of calls to the number generator between each call the character does, so it is not possible to predict the next roll.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    only reasons to re-run Master for Watcher, but it take a week to gather for 3 seals but awfully alot for essences if ever appears in chest. cant see they werent included in those "Dome" heroic encounters, would be easier to farm. why devs made so hard for players to enjoy.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Finally got my Paladin set. Took about 20 runs to get the Shield. Took another 40 runs to get the sword to drop. On my Wizard, about 3 offhands and 2 weapons dropped in the first 30 runs. The wizard is retiring along with my barbarian (with their stacks of Legendary garbage), however. I'm enjoying my fresh noob Paladin... never played one till now.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I finally got a paladin set today too. And I have 2 cleric sets and 2 fighter sets, so far.