test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Insert Side Quest(s) Here

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
edited June 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
I was roaming around Vanrakdoom looking for scrying orbs and I noticed something. There was a part of the map that I hadn't seen before. You know that quest where you have to free some prisoners? Well, it turns out that there's way more than just the three prison cells we normally see and many more prisoners. Also, a really tough construct is guarding two particular cells tucked way in the back.

There was nothing remarkable about the prisoners that I could see -- two were from Chult, one was a Kuo-toa, and one was a soldier and/or adventurer. However, considering what was guarding them, I expected something more -- a particularly important NPC perhaps, one who might have a quest or three for whoever happened by.

Insert Side Quest(s) Here. To my eyes it was/is a golden opportunity to add greater story depth. Why were those prisoners in particular being so heavily guarded? What was their story?

Maybe it's because I'm a Foundry author -- we tend to pick up on things like this.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    It always felt odd to me that we spend time at the start of Undermountain learning the motivations of 3 NPCs and see them get captured.

Then when we get to Vanrakdoom and it’s time to rescues prisoners none of them can be rescued.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.