test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request Updates to Old Icewind Dale

vordraxianvordraxian Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Two related issues with Icewind Pass and Dwarven Valley have become especially evident this week with the advent of the "Legacy Campaign: Curse of Icewind Dale Heroics (Weekly)" quest.

Most notable is the fact that the only two quests that count as "epic" are Remorhaz and Black Ice Beholder, and both of them spawn very infrequently. In this history of the game, nobody has ever really cared before that these quests spawn somewhat rarely, because they were lightly farmed (Black Ice Beholder somewhat more than Remorhaz. Those were the days, am I right? But I digress). Trying to fulfill the weekly quest is causing a lot of people to be stuck in the zone waiting hours for the BHE to appear. This is not fun or productive gaming.

Secondly, and related to the above, is the limit on switching instances in these zones. This limit is a holdover from the early days when zone-based PVP was was a new thing and was actually active in these two zones. This is no longer the case - the only ones who ever PVP are just doing it for fun and to screw around. Nobody competes for the quests or the PVP heroics that I can remember seeing in ages. But that limit on switching instances makes it even harder to be in the right place when the BHE finally does appear.

I propose that the Remorhaz and Black Ice Beholders be put on a regular timer like the Draconic Advisors in the Well of Dragons, or at least be made to appear at consistent (and more frequent) intervals rather than completely at random. I also propose that the prohibition on switching instances in these zones be lifted. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    kaelisraenamalkaelisraenamal Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    YES PLEASE!!!!!! at least at a consistent timing, right now nobody knows at which time the remorhaz or the beholder spawn, much less the inability to actually change to the instance where the HE pops means just wasting time doing nothing or abandoning said quest to do ANYTHING ELSE.