test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifedrinker enchantment questions

robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
edited June 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Questions:
  1. The screenshot of Lifedrinker says it increases Lifesteal chance by 2%, but what is the base chance? Is it 0% after U16?
  2. In case Lifesteal proc how much it heals? 50% of damage done (like Bloodtheft) or it's 100% of damage done? or other?
  3. Is there a timer for that? (Bloodtheft has timer)
  4. Does the lifesteal part even work after U16?

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    4. It works, but it's a joke... i tried a R8 Lifedrinker right now in a ME, and after several fights there finally was one entry:
    - "Your Life Steal gives 29 (27) Hit Points to you."

3. I don't think that there's a timer, just the 2% chance that it will give you some HP.

2. I guess it has it's own numbers, and it looks like it's around what healer companions deliver these days...

1. Considering how long it took to see a single entry in the log, i'd say those 2% on the enchantment is all you get.

Anyway, i don't have ACT or whatever that tool is called to go through logs, so i can't say if the enchantment might not produce some better numbers overall, but i switched back to a Bronzewood enchantment after a while. It seems Lifedrinker is just not worth it atm.

I tested the R8 Lifedrinker enchantment on my level 80 Fighter, 18k IL, Prized Longsword of the Cult MH weapon during a normal ME run without any runes.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Yep, lifedrinker is terrible. Really terrible. Then again, so is damn near every weapon enchant but vorpal.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have prominence on some, vorpal on others. I try not to "think too much" about this new system, as it doesn't require a lot of thought. As for capturing your combat logs, something I rarely do;
    • I type /clear in chat
    • switch to a tab that displays combat (self)
    • enter combat
    • use the mouse to select all the text in the chat
    • paste to my text editor
    • clean it up and paste to office spreadsheet
    This might sound like a lot more work than using ACT, but it works for checking out what a particular item is doing for me. As for those not working, I suggest you bank them. Developers will change things out in the future (they always do) and the enchantments will be doing better.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    • first of all, lifesteal won't proc unless you have missing hp, that might be the reason the dude above couldn't proc it often.
    • second: i had a r12 lifedrinker, and i tested it as much as i could, this is what i can tell you:
    • Base lifesteal is 0% at 100% severity when it procs.
    • Doesn't have a cooldown but only seems to proc on direct hits.
    • Most of the time, it procs on low damage hits, so no more than 3k at a time.
    • Rarely, it can save your butt, so it's not worthed overall, but i must say it proc for 300k once for me after hitting with an encounter, and that helped me to surv
    ive
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    Thank you for answers.
    I have one more question: does Holy Avenger heal (and +defense) only others or it heals (and +defense) me too?