test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Challenge Campaign Bug

lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
edited June 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
My girlfriend is doing the Challenge Campaign - Complete quests in Storm Kings Chunder.

Only quests in Bryn Shander count. Lonelywood and Cold Run quests do not count toward this challenge campaign.

Additionally, the daily in BS doesn't count toward this task either. Unlike other tasks that say do daily quests, the SKT task doesn't say dailies - just do quests.

Makes me think the dev that wrote it/designed it has never had to play SKT through to completion. If they had, they would know all 4 zones (BS, LW, CR and SOMI) are all part of the SKT campaign.

edit: The River District Challenge Campaign only has one quest that toward completion of this task.... and it's the Weekly, lol. So complete 5 quests in RD will take 5 weeks.
Main: Angels Scar
Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
Post edited by lordtweety#3604 on

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I did one quest in each of the first three zones of SKT. The one in Lonelywood was Training Day and it didn't count. I did Know Your Foe in Cold Run and I think it counted but can't be certain. It may be that certain quests are bugged or that zones are.
    However every single one of the found quests counted that I did. Goblin Shaman in BS, Runic Lore, Frostfire, Snowstalker, Orc Battleplans, Arngrim the Fierce in Cold Run all count.

River District is easy though. The Dig Sites all have their internal quests which count. The subquest to the daily counted when it was retrieve remains from a crypt. The character that did Kill 30 Enemies didn't get credit for that quest. Also the Riverside Rumble found quest counts. Didn't test the one from the adventurers or the cypher. Four digs and a retrieval quest should complete the Challenge. If you do five digs, you complete the daily as well.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Did some further checking in SKT.

Bryn Shander: All quests count. (daily, weekly, found)
    Lonelywood: No quests count (d/w/f)
    Cold Run: All quests count (d/w/f)
    SoMI: Weekly counts but something caused the Challenge Quest to complete when I landed on the iceberg with runic fragments. That made it impossible to check if the actual quests count. I would assume so, however. No idea what caused the counter to tick on that character.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    So the SKT challenge isn't as badly broken as it first appeared. That's good, however she did the weekly in Bryn Shander and it didn't count for her.

The whole thing should be made clearer as to what counts and state what they want you to complete. Not do 5 quests in RD and expect you to go run around until you have randomly found 5 quests to do. That's just re tarded.

I only looked at the challenge campaigns once when I was testing on preview and that was Dread Ring, there didn't appear to be any issues there - or any reason to do them. She seems to be intent on doing them though so I'll let her know that she has to do the digs in RD to complete that one.

As for the others, I guess she'll keep finding quests that do/don't work for herself. As for a fix, I guess it's not likely with so many other bugs that need addressing.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • rybsyngoniumrybsyngonium Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Quests which are counted for Challenge Campaigns are marked in journal. I did not have a situation when marked quest did not count.
    But it does not mean there are no bugs with it.

First of all some quests are not marked for challenge with no reason imho. Like @pitshade said above, why task for killing enemies in River District is not marked for challenge? Because there is another, separate, Challenge Campaigns quest for killing enemies in this area?

Another example, Icewind Dale, although it is definitely a bug. When you are signed to Arcane Brotherhood the quest Instruments of Vengeance does not count for challenge. But when you are signed to Ten-Towns, then it counts.
    I think it's a safe bet that Lonelywood quests, RD's Secure the District, AB not counting... all are bugs. If the same quest counts in different circumstances, if there are a list of choices and some don't count, and entire zone not counting, these are clearly not WAI.

The AB/TT issue isn't without precedent either. For a long time, the game refused to recognize completion of an HE in Dwarven Valley for the daily quest, IF you were signed to AB. TT had no such issue.