test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VIP Discount on Professions?

dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
Really?

We're supposed to spend money on a subsystem that as of now is completely useless?

Try again when the profession system is brought up to speed with the rest of what you've done to the game.
@Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Whether or not it is useless is a subjective opinion that not everyone shares.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    And these discounts were posted several months ago before mod 16 dropped.

I am more curious about where the VIP discounts for early July are?
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    If you wanted to see what the legendary professions level boost does, where would you look?
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Whether or not it is useless is a subjective opinion that not everyone shares.

No, they're useless, they make nothing you want after level 70 and nothing you need before it. (If only because you'll level past 70 before you can blink nowadays.)

@Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    I guess the only real hope is that if they revamp professions with M17 or M18 whenever that might be then they may become useful again. Would think it's very questionable therefore is it's worth spending Zen on these at the moment.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    "Last time you spent a bunch of money on professions, we eventually found a way to destroy the value of everything you bought and replace it with stuff you didn't want or need. We're really hoping you've forgotten all that, please spend money to acquire more things for us to take away in the future!"
  • pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Quite apart from being practically useless, professions are still a messed up, bug ridden pile of Hamster.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    not totally useless - there is still demand for some +1 jewels, armor kits and potions.

Masterwork is utterly pointless, though.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Right now? Yeah, crafting isn't going to be used for much in the way of end-game gear / AD generation (on a large scale) - and I expect it will stay this way until mod17.

That being said, it's still far from useless, especially for players still on the road to 70. Decent way to generate gold, along with a bit of AD, along with being able to craft your own armor kits / potions.

Not everyone has Masterwork levels of crafting, or uses it as their primary source of income....