test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How bad does this need to get before any attention?

lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
my first post got no response, my second one with a video demostration got no response, so i hope this does.https://ibb.co/k5cjHnd

this was a full LMM run, how sad those it need to get before we get any patchnotes or wording on it? ray of frost (an atwill) had more ap than all my encounters combined, in fact, the total from my encounters was 4%, not to mention repel which i have slotted both on aoe and single target loadouts had 0%.

For anyone who's not aware of what this is, its Act, is this is the ap gain tab.
@nitocris83
Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?

Comments

• lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

stories told 74% ROFL

I know right lol, thats basically our only source of ap at the moment, otherwise it'll take us 100 yrs to get full ap with encounters and atwills, critical charge even has more ap than encounters xd
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

and I'm so mad because i run a cleric and have always relied on my cleric sigil but its nowhere near as good as that ToO artifact
    Tales of Old was too elitist for me so i avoided it....

terramak said:

Artifacts

• Envenomed Storyteller's Journal: The AP Gain of this item has been reduced across all ranks.
    :unamused:
    FrozenFire
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

and I'm so mad because i run a cleric and have always relied on my cleric sigil but its nowhere near as good as that ToO artifact
    Tales of Old was too elitist for me so i avoided it....

terramak said:

Artifacts

• Envenomed Storyteller's Journal: The AP Gain of this item has been reduced across all ranks.
    :unamused:
    its funny to me they let the game get in this situation in the first place, i mean how did nobody realize that one???
    even on preview we were saying that artifact was too OP lol but it missed the nerf bat while others got hit HARD
    I myself have pointed that out but I guess they thought it could wait.
    FrozenFire
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Fireball produces 18 ap
    Conduit 14
    RoF produces 9 ap each hit (it tics fast too) and is an at-will, so you use it more often.
    Chill Strike 7
    Ray of Enfeeblement 6
    Repel 1

so sad repel, only 1 ap or 0.1% of ap :(

Maybe that puts some more perspective, idk.

Also. why tf do you use repel in aoe? Troll much LuL :#

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Lathander's Dew
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited May 2019

Fireball produces 18 ap
    Conduit 14
    RoF produces 9 ap each hit (it tics fast too) and is an at-will, so you use it more often.
    Chill Strike 7
    Ray of Enfeeblement 6
    Repel 1

so sad repel, only 1 ap or 0.1% of ap :(

Maybe that puts some more perspective, idk.

Also. why tf do you use repel in aoe? Troll much LuL :#

cos repel can 1 shot most adds? im not going to use Ftf that has twice its cd, not icy terrain that requires u to get in close, repel has 10s cd and it does the highest damge even as single target, the only aoe i see need are fireball and conduit of ice, you can use the rest but not my cup of tea, repel + chill strike combo have been much better for me. I mean everyone has a playstyle right? if it works for you no point changing.

Like i said in the other post, you dont need the super rimefire-smolder combo to dps on cw, i could even play arcanist with the ap bug and still outdps most ppl in lmm, its about the knowledge of the class, been playing cw since september 2013, and there have always been certain combos that work better than others. Even if people spam rimefire you cant blame them, its part of the class lol, its like OP currently having ridiculous ap gain compared to the other classes, in fact, i'd say they are the only class where ap works correctly, apart from the known bug where they can just gain ap by standing still, but not much they can do about it.
    lardeson said:

cos repel can 1 shot most adds? im not going to use Ftf that has twice its cd, not icy terrain that requires u to get in close, repel has 10s cd and it does the highest damge even as single target, the only aoe i see need are fireball and conduit of ice, you can use the rest but not my cup of tea, repel + chill strike combo have been much better for me. I mean everyone has a playstyle right? if it works for you no point changing.

Right on, I thought you were using repel on tab for aoe, throwing mobs everywhere like a mad man. I've seen it done, and even as ranged dps it pisses me off. But yeah, as a finisher or for that cc immune target it's pretty good.
    lardeson said:

Like i said in the other post, you dont need the super rimefire-smolder combo to dps on cw, i could even play arcanist with the ap bug and still outdps most ppl in lmm, its about the knowledge of the class, been playing cw since september 2013, and there have always been certain combos that work better than others. Even if people spam rimefire you cant blame them, its part of the class lol, its like OP currently having ridiculous ap gain compared to the other classes, in fact, i'd say they are the only class where ap works correctly, apart from the known bug where they can just gain ap by standing still, but not much they can do about it.

I'm still not sure what you're saying the bug is? Is it the artifact? Are you saying Ray of Frost produces too much ap? Or that encounters don't produce enough?

The artifact is a known issue and is getting fixed in the future, they patched Owlbear and it contains the "nerf".

If you think Ray of Frost produces too much ap, have you checked other classes ap gain, like a barbarians ap gain, does a majority come from at-wills? I main Wizard, and have the other classes just because I wanted to see how they work, but don't know much about them. I can log some stuff and compare if you want. But yeah, RoF while neat and awesome, is prone to being OP due how fast it tics, I haven't compared it to other classes with respect to ap gain myself though.

Repel should produce more AP, idk why it doesn't, I remember the issue of one or more encounters not producing enough ap being raised while still in preview.

lardeson said:

Right on, I thought you were using repel on tab for aoe, throwing mobs everywhere like a mad man. I've seen it done, and even as ranged dps it pisses me off. But yeah, as a finisher or for that cc immune target it's pretty good.
    lardeson said:

I'm still not sure what you're saying the bug is? Is it the artifact? Are you saying Ray of Frost produces too much ap? Or that encounters don't produce enough?

The artifact is a known issue and is getting fixed in the future, they patched Owlbear and it contains the "nerf".

If you think Ray of Frost produces too much ap, have you checked other classes ap gain, like a barbarians ap gain, does a majority come from at-wills? I main Wizard, and have the other classes just because I wanted to see how they work, but don't know much about them. I can log some stuff and compare if you want. But yeah, RoF while neat and awesome, is prone to being OP due how fast it tics, I haven't compared it to other classes with respect to ap gain myself though.

Repel should produce more AP, idk why it doesn't, I remember the issue of one or more encounters not producing enough ap being raised while still in preview.
    i made a video about it. the ap gain is clearly off, i have 8.2% ap gain, along with ap gain from boons and artifacts, but yet every single one of my encounter only gives max 1% ap gain on use, the atwills give 0.5% so imagine how much ray of frost it took to reach 11% in that total. Critical charge is the ap from the restoration trousers (10% on crit to get 25 ap) and it even outperformed all my encounters combined. The bug is clearly the lack of ap gain, on my baby Op where i have 3.5% ap, my atwills give 1-2% ap while every single one of my encounters give atleast 2% ap on use.

On the other hand, they are fixing the envenomed without fixing the lack of ap gain. thats an issue, its only going to make reaching 100% ap unlikely. Wouldn't it have been much more reasonable to fix this ap bug before nerfing envenomed? if you inspect any OP in the game, none of them uses the envenomed cos they dont need it. We shouldn't need the envenomed either just to get ap.
    edited May 2019
    lardeson said:

lardeson said:

lardeson said:

i made a video about it. the ap gain is clearly off, i have 8.2% ap gain, along with ap gain from boons and artifacts, but yet every single one of my encounter only gives max 1% ap gain on use, the atwills give 0.5% so imagine how much ray of frost it took to reach 11% in that total. Critical charge is the ap from the restoration trousers (10% on crit to get 25 ap) and it even outperformed all my encounters combined. The bug is clearly the lack of ap gain, on my baby Op where i have 3.5% ap, my atwills give 1-2% ap while every single one of my encounters give atleast 2% ap on use.

On the other hand, they are fixing the envenomed without fixing the lack of ap gain. thats an issue, its only going to make reaching 100% ap unlikely. Wouldn't it have been much more reasonable to fix this ap bug before nerfing envenomed? if you inspect any OP in the game, none of them uses the envenomed cos they dont need it. We shouldn't need the envenomed either just to get ap.

That's interesting, now I want to test if + ap gain % from Con, Boons, and Weapon Mods actually increase AP gained from powers.

It does seem wrong, at least imho, from a design perspective that most AP comes from outside sources instead of core class features and powers. I know one of the design goals was to reduce the frequency we cast dailies, to make them more meaningful, right, we all know this. Ofc we want to push that envelope as players to cast dailies at a rate faster than intended, but at the end of the day it's a design/class balance issue, keep in mind, in PnP 4e dailies could only be cast once per rest (long rest iirc). Translating that to a real time mmo, the frequency to best match PnP depends (if that is the design goal) on how frequently the average party would rest in a dungeon, and that could once, or twenty times, it all just depends.

Anyways, that gibberish aside, I agree, if they're going to reduce AP gain from outside sources, they should at the same time reevaluate AP generated from core class features to make sure average casting frequency of dailies is in line with their design goals. What we have now, really highlights the half assed mod that m16 was, mechanics wise at least.

As for OP generating AP really fast, one of the reasons some do is because of a perma block bug caused by one of the feats, Burning Vengeance. They generate a lot of AP from blocking ~18 ap each time damage is blocked, and CW can generate ~9 AP (ofc depending on how ap gain % works) each tick of Ray of Frost, so perma block aside, I think that's fairly balanced, at least in theory, in practice can be totally different. Besides, I think it's much more important to compare ap gen between classes that have the same roles, like Wizard compared to Warlock for example, personally, I want my heals and tanks casting dailies as often as they can, I don't mind (except in pvp ofc :P ).

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I'm honestly not surprised that the Journal is getting adjusted. Everything else that gave massive AP gain like that were reduced in a big way coming into mod16, so it was really just a matter of time before the Journal got changed, too.

Keep in mind, the devs aren't calculating for massive AP gain with players, and daily powers are (generally) weighted with that in mind. They don't want to see a return to something like neverending AA etc etc. Using a Daily Power is supposed to be a *big thing*. That's why I don't think you'll see much beyond some minor tweaking with AP gain on powers from here on out (i.e. Burning Vengeance getting some sort of cool down on AP gain to once /sec or something, or a power or two getting a bump up). I'd guess, just from personal soloing, that they're looking at a player being able to cast a daily about once for every 1-2 mob groups faced.

lardeson said:

lardeson said:

lardeson said:

That's interesting, now I want to test if + ap gain % from Con, Boons, and Weapon Mods actually increase AP gained from powers.

It does seem wrong, at least imho, from a design perspective that most AP comes from outside sources instead of core class features and powers. I know one of the design goals was to reduce the frequency we cast dailies, to make them more meaningful, right, we all know this. Ofc we want to push that envelope as players to cast dailies at a rate faster than intended, but at the end of the day it's a design/class balance issue, keep in mind, in PnP 4e dailies could only be cast once per rest (long rest iirc). Translating that to a real time mmo, the frequency to best match PnP depends (if that is the design goal) on how frequently the average party would rest in a dungeon, and that could once, or twenty times, it all just depends.

Anyways, that gibberish aside, I agree, if they're going to reduce AP gain from outside sources, they should at the same time reevaluate AP generated from core class features to make sure average casting frequency of dailies is in line with their design goals. What we have now, really highlights the half assed mod that m16 was, mechanics wise at least.

As for OP generating AP really fast, one of the reasons some do is because of a perma block bug caused by one of the feats, Burning Vengeance. They generate a lot of AP from blocking ~18 ap each time damage is blocked, and CW can generate ~9 AP (ofc depending on how ap gain % works) each tick of Ray of Frost, so perma block aside, I think that's fairly balanced, at least in theory, in practice can be totally different. Besides, I think it's much more important to compare ap gen between classes that have the same roles, like Wizard compared to Warlock for example, personally, I want my heals and tanks casting dailies as often as they can, I don't mind (except in pvp ofc :P ).
    No, its a bug, i forgot to mention that the major issue here is not just the 1% no matter what ap % you currently have, but the fact that encounters have a random chance only to give u that 1%, which means you also have a chance of getting 0%, this applies to atwills too. reason Repel which is the only encounter along with chill strike that i have on all the time, gives only 0-0.1% in a full LMM run, is due to that bug, you can test it, cast 20 repels on a dummy and see how many times u get any ap. do the same with other encounters. So on one hand you have the fix 1% and on the other, u have the 0%.
    cdnbison said:

I'm honestly not surprised that the Journal is getting adjusted. Everything else that gave massive AP gain like that were reduced in a big way coming into mod16, so it was really just a matter of time before the Journal got changed, too.

Keep in mind, the devs aren't calculating for massive AP gain with players, and daily powers are (generally) weighted with that in mind. They don't want to see a return to something like neverending AA etc etc. Using a Daily Power is supposed to be a *big thing*. That's why I don't think you'll see much beyond some minor tweaking with AP gain on powers from here on out (i.e. Burning Vengeance getting some sort of cool down on AP gain to once /sec or something, or a power or two getting a bump up). I'd guess, just from personal soloing, that they're looking at a player being able to cast a daily about once for every 1-2 mob groups faced.

one thing is an implementation, another is that implementation being bugged and therefore restricting the system to function properly. It's not because they dont want us to use dailies every 3 seconds, if you saw the graph and my comment, you can see how much i got from all my encounters in an LMM run. The bug is on the above comment. If that was an implementation, then no point trying to get ap, as no matter the amount of % ap gain you have, you are still going to get 1% max on encounters and sometimes 0%.
    Their intention was in fact that we don't use encounters and dailies as often. You are using the Journal artifact in your test as external sources of AP, they forgot to reduce the amount of AP it generates, so your results are skewed. I mean come on, 74%.

I agree, AP generation is a little too slow (but that's an opinion), they tried to get it so we cast dailies about once per minute, and without those items you are using, that's about what it is. I agree that repel should produce more AP than 1. But it didn't produce 0% AP in your tests.

Repel's Min, Median, and Max was 1, which tells us that every hit it produced 1 AP, it hit 130 times, so in the entire encounter it produced 130 AP or about 13% of you AP gauge. Could it and should it be more? Yes, I think so, but it didn't produce 0% AP. Again, the items you are using are bypassing the intent of the developers to reduce the frequency that we cast dailies, they avoided the nerfbat, for now. I understand you still want your rotation to involve a daily every 3 seconds, but if you find a way to do that, and it becomes public knowledge, the devs will nerf it.

As far as I can tell, the only bugs I see are that the Journal produces an absurd amount of AP, and Repel doesn't produce enough to be inline with others, but that may be a result of some other formula, like the fact that it has high magnitude, medium CD, and short casting time. What I do see for sure is that you have an issue in general with the directions the developers are taking the game with respect to Cool Down times and the frequency we can cast Dailies, a lot of people do, and to a certain extent I agree with that.

• sirsinfernosirsinferno Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Storyteller Journal was superior in AP gain. True. DC Sigil was nerfed almost to trash level. True. While Wizard Single DPS at least what I run atm highly relies on AP usage and encounter cooldowns sucks compared to many other classes as so does class based AP gain. Basically after Storyteller nerf there is just another class way down to trash can. More legit way would have been let say take slightly not much away from Storyteller AP Gain and double DC Sigil AP Gain. Fair deal no classes killed. Now ... Boom. One down.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Storyteller Journal was superior in AP gain. True. DC Sigil was nerfed almost to trash level. True. While Wizard Single DPS at least what I run atm highly relies on AP usage and encounter cooldowns sucks compared to many other classes as so does class based AP gain. Basically after Storyteller nerf there is just another class way down to trash can. More legit way would have been let say take slightly not much away from Storyteller AP Gain and double DC Sigil AP Gain. Fair deal no classes killed. Now ... Boom. One down.

MY cw is very effective in dungeons using the sigil of devoted you are wrong easy mode is down not the class.
    edited May 2019

MY cw is very effective in dungeons using the sigil of devoted you are wrong easy mode is down not the class.
    No one is saying cw is down, we are just here pointing out a bug, not about the envenomed vs dc sigil. The post is about repel giving 0.1% ap gain, ap gain from story teller is up only for 15s, while the other 45s its on cooldown, im using my encounters and atwills, the difference between storyteller and the total of my encounters is 70%, while even thou ray of frost is spammable, its an atwill, its 4 encounters vs 1 atwill, yet the ap gain from ray of frost is almost triple the ap gain from encounters. The critical charge is even funnier, its a 10% on crit, and crit is 50%, which is more or less 5% to gain ap from critical charge, yet with a 5% it gave me more ap than my encounters. this is the issue here, not about cw, nor envenomed, nor dc sigil nor any artifact, its the same for most classes, no ap gain.

While i understand they you shouldn't be using dailies every 3s like it was in mod15, we shouldn't have to rely on artifacts either to use dailies in mod16, if that was their intention, then they are rendeering the other artifacts useless, but its not intentional, its a bug. 8.2% ap gain, 3% from primal boots, 4% from artifact, 2.5% from offhand, and with all that, you still get 1% from encounters? even worse, sometimes u dont get anything at all, not to mention that repel for example needs about 20 uses to give ap. And you think thats a mechanic or intentional.

Sorry you got the post wrong, no one wants easy mode, just like i for one, dont like the double stats on enchants nor enemies having 10% less hp, thats just gonna make everything ridiculously easy. If they fix ap gain and even decide to remove ap from artifacts, im 100% cool with that but you cant continue nerfing stuff and not fixing the issues.
    Post edited by lardeson on

they should just make every artifact give 100% AP over 15 seconds for what they did to AP gain.
    for me thats a perfect and easy solution. it would also require making the secondary effect of the DC sigil do something other then heal you for 1,216 HP when you use an encounter power......1216?????? WHAT A JOKE

for me that would be a bad fix, its the ap system not working properly, OP for example is fine, regardless of them sometimes getting ap without doing anything, but if you take out that bug, their ap gain is fine. Main issue here is that due to the bug we haven't been able to test how ap % works. Like lets say at 15% ap gain, how much should your encounters and atwills be giving? without knowing that we cant really tell if its mandatory to use artifacts with ap gain or not. Also that would pretty much make the game more generic, with everyone just running the same artifacts.

Thou i find it funny that people complain about envenomed now when in previous mods we had the soulsight crystal and no one complained about it. why? cos everyone had it, but now not everyone has the envenomed, thats why the complains. They need to fix the ap system, balance any apgain artifact in line with others, in a way you can either decide to use one or a different artifact thats more suited for your build.