test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 Item Bind Status Changes You Experienced

froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
Hello PC players,

As a console player preparing for Mod 16 I’m hoping you can help me a bit. Over the past few years I’m amassed a ton of stuff that I worry will become unusable. Would you be ever so kind as to post below what items you had either on your character, in inventory, on the auction house, traded in at a vendor, etc. that had their bind status change (unbound > bound; BTA > BTC; etc.) and what that change was?
Unfortunately, my PC toon is underdeveloped and doesn’t have anything for me to refer to.

Thanks.
Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Nothing changes bind status. If you trade an enchantment at the vendor for a different one, the new one will be bound.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited May 2019

i got a few companions that are equipped and named, that suddenly became "BTA, binds on equip, character"...but they changed the companion tab so there is no way for me to unequip them and give them to another character on my account or anything....

Hmm! Those are dropped to your inventory and you can pass that to another character.

That happens when you equipped duplicate companion before mod 16 (that was allowed). The extra one would be send to your inventory and became "BTA, binds on equip, character". In this case, it is a gain for moving a used to be BTC companion to BTA.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited May 2019

i got a few companions that are equipped and named, that suddenly became "BTA, binds on equip, character"...but they changed the companion tab so there is no way for me to unequip them and give them to another character on my account or anything....

Hmm! Those are dropped to your inventory and you can pass that to another character.

That happens when you equipped duplicate companion before mod 16 (that was allowed). The extra one would be send to your inventory and became "BTA, binds on equip, character". In this case, it is a gain for moving a used to be BTC companion to BTA.
    no they are not dropped to my inv....they are in my companion tab and apparently are not actually equipped though i can summon them

https://imgur.com/a/s0lHWvz
    Ok. Sorry, that is not the same as I thought about. What I talked about was the duplicate companion. Sorry for the confusion. In my case, I have a few Cockatrice and Red cap dropped to my inventory and became BTA.

In your case, I take that as a bug because it was BTC (since you upgraded that to legendary).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Thanks everyone.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone