test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Action Point gain Necklaces

mesmerist8mesmerist8 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Issue:
Action Point gain Necklaces give lower action points than expected. They give 10% of the expected value.

Repro steps:
1) Log in to a character
2) Equip a necklace that has the "Increases Action Points by #% every 2 seconds while in combat"
3) Go to an area with monsters.
4) Attack monsters, stay in combat.
5) Watch your action points.

Observed Result:
The necklace, rather than giving the value stated in the tooltip, is giving 10% of it.
youtube link (Advanced Combat Tracker at 0:34)

Expected Result:
The necklace should give the value in the tooltip while in combat.

Note:
In the video I show the advanced combat tracker. We can see an AP gain of 4 per proc, with 1 proc per 2 seconds.
A full action point bar is 1000 action points, so 4% should be 40 points per proc.

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Also on the apprentice spoils set the damage bonus is bugged - giving 15% of the weapon enchant damage, rather than the full hit.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • mesmerist8mesmerist8 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Also on the apprentice spoils set the damage bonus is bugged - giving 15% of the weapon enchant damage, rather than the full hit.

you should make a seperate thread for this issue.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    reported this myself and I believe the issue was forwarded or they said the devs are aware of the issue. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they end up changing the tooltips to read "0.4% AP ever 2 seconds". heh, which tbh, is in line with their design goal of reducing the frequency that we cast dailies. If you think about it, as it currently is, the AP from the neck pieces, even at 0.4% per 2 seconds, already produces more AP than some of our encounters.

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll circle back with the team on this.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    it wont give you 40 points at all they will nerf it to a 4 points per 2 seconds, so that you dont fill up ap pool as fast a you want, they want players spamming at-will powers to increase computer mouse sales :p , basicly they killed the action from this action mmorpg game, this ap nerf will lead player to pick neck pieces based on stats they need to cap defensive stats because right now it can be easy to cap offensive stats and also this ap gain nerf is making new set bonus that activate on daily power use, a waste of time for player base, they made ability scores trash were the most important percentage bonus from ability scores are : MaxAbilityScore/4 = x % , also main ability score for class damage ( magical and phisical damage) are useless now, only power is playing the role to boost damage/heals + companion influence % , movement speed boost is locked to a boon and Dex ability score.