test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

General ideas and Rogue feedback

blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
First some general ideas, feedback and suggestions and later I will mention things about the Rogue class and improvements for it.

1. Changing Loadouts - I think this needs an improvement, it needs to be possible to change loadouts anywhere inside the dungeons regardless of campfires and cooldowns on primary Artifact and the belt slot items, as long as we are not in combat. It's already doable in PE, Nyanzaru and Strongholds. In dungeons the campfires are placed in locations that dont really fit the players and party members dont wait for the person who wants to switch loadouts. This needs to be a one button swap while we are on the auto-run. You want us to make full use of loadouts? Make this happen.

2. New Artifact gear sets bonuses - I think the trigger for these bonuses need to be Encounter powers instead of Daily powers. The bonus gets triggered by Encounters and lasts 15-20 seconds and can be triggered once every 30 seconds. Most players have low AP gain and cant trigger these set bonuses often enough to make these sets valuable for them, however, every playstyle can use Encounter powers every 30 seconds. With trigger on Daily power activation many players are still staying with old Demon Lord's Immortality set because the up time of the bonus is far better.

3. Old content - While scaling making the old content a bit of a challenge can be a good thing we should still have a feeling of that content being significantly weaker than latest content, also there should be noticeable difference between ELOL tier and and CN tier and FBI tier. The first wave of specific gear unique to content was a good idea and a second wave of content unique gear is needed. Players ran all of the old content to get those unique items, whether for stats/bonuses or for looks. Second wave of unique gear for every dungeon/skirmish/trial is welcome.

4. DPS checks - Specific targets need a closer look. Ice Blocks in Svardborg, Souls in TONG, Souls in MSP's Nostura at her 25% phase, portal in Sisters of Strahd encounter are all nasty challenges in era where we have 15 secs+ cooldowns on Encounters and weak Atwills. Reduction of HP for these targets is needed so the players who arent geared to the max can deal with them.

5. Random Advanced Queue - RLQ, RIQ and RAQ are being done by random, not so geared players who may or may not know the mechanics of the content. REQ is not being done by everyone, its hard and those who know what's awaiting them wont queue for REQ without a proper team. While RLQ and RIQ are doable for everyone and are quite forgiving, RAQ is not. Some content needs to be removed from this section as it almost never gets completed by random parties. Svardborg(Master), Cradle of the death God, Castle Ravenloft should be removed from RAQ as these almost never get finished by random lower geared players.

6. Boss mechanics - When end game players complained and asked for a challenge during mod 13 and before, they didnt welcome what they got in mod 14's dungeon - annoying boss mechanics(Sisters of Strahd and Strahd himself). Castle Ravenloft was the first dungeon in Neverwinter that I didnt enjoy because of the annoying mechanics on 1st and 3rd boss. While the dungeon itself is not bad and quite nice visually the mechanics of 1st and last boss killed the fun for me. On first boss, one player who spent tens of millions of AD to gear his character was standing in corner doing nothing, keeping left mouse button pressed to kite the Sister(s) away from rest of the party... Splitting party members is not enjoyable, at least in this way, whoever was taking care of Tome didnt enjoy this fight. On the other hand, old CN controlling the mobs was most likely fun and the current LoMM Mimics phase is also OK but I think their HP could be lowered by around 20% or their movement slowed down at least since they are quite tough, even for geared DPS players and a pain for Tank+Healer corner.
Keep it simple and enjoyable. You want players to back off from the boss? For example, make the red aoe around Goristo a sure kill mechanic. They will back off or die. CR Sisters and Strahd were annoying because they were overcomplicated and not easy to fix when things broke down. Arcolith was quite simple, enjoyable and had a simple back off mechanic.

7. Voting - The Voting waiting time in random queues needs to be lowered to 5 minutes max. It is very annoying to have to wait 10-15 minutes to do abandon instance/kick inactive player.

8. Companions - Afaik, the goal was to provide diversity among summoned companions but the nerf to the damage of Combat companions made Augments clearly the best option. They provide highest stats and always give them to a player no matter how far behind they are and they never die. Combat companions die, stay back far behind the players and in most cases dont even provide the stat boost to the players. A buff to their damage is needed to make them even with Augments so the diversity can be a thing again. They also need to stay very close to players instead of staying half a map behind, their teleport abilities need to not kill them in certain encounters like Turtle in FBI, this has been dealt with during mod 13 I believe but I think it didnt go through in mod 16. Also, check/uncheck Update Automatically on Augments at boss fight start is unnecessary annoyance which needs to go away if possible.

9. Collections and Zen store - Collections could have a claim option for certain items which becomes usable after certain conditions have been met, for example, after 1.000 runs of FBI claim a legendary ring or rare quality mount with amazing visual. Things that players want but dont need could be added in Collections, claimable is such way or in another. Amazing transmute items, appearance items could be added in Zen store and while some part of player base doesnt find them interesting, there is a part of player base which loves them. Claiming items from Collections or buying them from Zen store can be better than to depend on RNG which can be terrible for some players. Thousands of runs and no drop, while the "Claim after 1.000 runs" option would at least be guaranteed.

10. Trial idea - All Trials so far had one mob phase and one boss phase and that's it, usually done within 10 minutes. Imagine if Master Expeditions were actually a Trial for 10 players, split into 3 different stages. Each stage to last around 10-15 minutes for end game parties and each stage to have 2 loot chests after boss of each stage is defeated so the time/loot ratio remains the same. An NPC at the end of each stage asking players if they wish to continue or abandon, similar to Illusionist's Gambit. It should have good rewards tho so the players actually want to go to stage 2 and 3 instead of abandoning and doing stage 1 only, over and over, like it was the case with IG. The stages dont have to be as large as they are in Master Expeditions, each can contain 2 mob packs and a boss but each mob pack should last at least a minute, imagine fighting 10 FBI giants but will less annoying mechanics(10 giants throwing boulders at the same time and sprinting would be a catastrophe).

11. Gear Restoration - Nobody is fan of this but if you insist on it at least make it the best gear unlike current Apprentice gear. Next mod always brings better gear so painful restoration is not enjoyable process.

Now, some feedback about the Rogue class to improve certain mechanics.

1. Aggro - Rogues often have aggro on boss fights so incoming damage makes the Stealth never recover and aside from one use at start it never gets used again. No Tab mechanics on other classes is punished like this. I think Stealth should always recover at same pace and should not be affected by damage as there is no reason for it anymore in mod 16. Players can be seen in Stealth now in PvP.

2. Swapping Last moments and Shadowy Opportunity in Whisperknife paragon would improve this forgotten paragon.

3. Capable AoE Atwill - Shuriken Toss is too slow and too low target cap. We need something like Clear the Ground from the Ranger class.

4. Toxic Blades feat stacking issues and Execution feat activation threshold tweak improvement, in details explained in my post in Preview section of Rogue class, as well as slight improvements to class features as they basically do nothing now.

5. CD reduction playstyle - This should be in general part above but I will explain it here. Long encounter cooldowns have opened the possibility of different playstyle that we didnt really have before. It focuses on the use of Griffon mount Equip bonus and the Wyvern primary artifact to reduce cooldowns on encounters. However, this playstyles encounters several issues in end game parties in latest dungeon. The mob packs are too weak to use same encounters two times so this play style has no way to keep up with AP gain or Damage buff playstyles. The issue remains on bosses, they are pushed into immunity phases before this playstyle can use same encounters twice. The solution to this problem is to give mobs more HP and to remove phases on bosses at 75% of their HP and to keep them only at 50% HP. Otherwise, this playstyle cant keep up with others while it requires the most work done without being rewarded. It should be able to use same encounters twice per phase to keep up with AP gain style and Damage buff style so each phase should last longer.

6. Legacy/Legendary Snail Equip power deserves a buff back to 25% AP gain, it is a legendary mount after all, which costs a lot and yet, it gives lower AP gain than a free DC sigil artifact or the Envenomed Journal. If anything it deserves to be highest source of AP gain of all considering the cost of it.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "No Tab mechanics on other classes is punished like this."
    Hellbringer Warlock would love to trade with you...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    @kreatyve Is this feedback helpful at all? Does anyone of importance gets to read this?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    blur#5900 said:

@kreatyve Is this feedback helpful at all? Does anyone of importance gets to read this?

I'm pretty sure it's been seen, but I'll make doubly sure.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png

blur#5900 said:

First some general ideas, feedback and suggestions and later I will mention things about the Rogue class and improvements for it.

2. Swapping Last moments and Shadowy Opportunity in Whisperknife paragon would improve this forgotten paragon.

3. Capable AoE Atwill - Shuriken Toss is too slow and too low target cap. We need something like Clear the Ground from the Ranger class.

personally I've only played whisperknife this module i run all bottom row for her feats, and I feel that it has a very good feat selection and they are all in the right place, especially when compared to other classes. the only feat I find useless is the final feat Gutterborn w/e....when you deal combat advantage damage you get 5000 accuracy for 5 seconds.....not even remotely useful....possibly for pre 70 content but being the final feat this one really is just poorly designed....and shuriken toss is great. I don't even use any aoe encounters as whisperknife, i mostly stay in stealth during combat because i slot, shadow strike, Vengeance pursuit, and shadowy dissapearance....and when i'm not in stealth i just dodge roll away and toss infinity shurikens. I love whisperknife, finally feel like a real rogue.
    That's all nice and good FOR SOLO PLAY but when it comes to group play with dps checks that wont work.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the detailed feedback! I'll add it to my report!

blur#5900 said:

blur#5900 said:

personally I've only played whisperknife this module i run all bottom row for her feats, and I feel that it has a very good feat selection and they are all in the right place, especially when compared to other classes. the only feat I find useless is the final feat Gutterborn w/e....when you deal combat advantage damage you get 5000 accuracy for 5 seconds.....not even remotely useful....possibly for pre 70 content but being the final feat this one really is just poorly designed....and shuriken toss is great. I don't even use any aoe encounters as whisperknife, i mostly stay in stealth during combat because i slot, shadow strike, Vengeance pursuit, and shadowy dissapearance....and when i'm not in stealth i just dodge roll away and toss infinity shurikens. I love whisperknife, finally feel like a real rogue.
    That's all nice and good FOR SOLO PLAY but when it comes to group play with dps checks that wont work.
    I don't see what the problem is, my rogue has never had competition for top dps as whisperknife.

I really hope they don't change ANYTHING with Whisperknife besides Gutterborn, it's so fun
    How long it takes you to kill Mimics on first LoMM boss?
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    You know how the Thayan Illusionists generate phantom versions for themselves to temporarily fight by their side?

What if a new Armor Enhancement was created ideally for Rogues that could spawn a Shadowdancer version of the user whenever hit... up to a maximum of 4 once the Armor Enhancement has been refined to r15?

(I know that there is an Artifact Weapon set that does this, but it is sadly no longer level appropriate for Mod 16 content.)
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams