test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lair of mad mage unplayable

pantha7pantha7 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
Is there any announcement from devs about what is the logic behind mimics and golems in first boss ?

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    After a couple of atempts I don't think the dungeon is unplayable, just pretty hard. It's definitely not very forgiving, if you don't do your job on the first boss... you'll wipe.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    It’s certainly not unplayable.

How good your DPS has to be I don’t know (given how good the ones I tanked it for were).
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    Try saving your encounters...

Not just spamming them blindly...
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Managed to complete the dungeon today with an experienced and semi-experienced grp. The first boss is definitely the toughest, we wiped about 4 times and just squeaked by on the last.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    r

Try saving your encounters...

Not just spamming them blindly...

This. Use only as many encounters as needed for each mimic, and bank a Daily if necessary if you think the mimics are coming soon. I see a lot of players overkilling their first mimic and having nothing left for their second.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    Oh finished it 5 times tonight... all runs with all the dps under 22k. 3 times with my 19.5k Warlock as the third DPS, with which I could stop mimics if I played smoothly.

Saved my Encounters and Daily for the Mimics until all 3 phases of them were done.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    It's not just the mimics, the golems have too much hp, we should be able to kill them and move on to the boss if we need to, the only reason letting even one mimic through is such a problem, is because the golems are way way too powerful, it's like a combination of the souls in tong, and zombies at the orb in CN. The party wiping cocoon lacks any real visual cue that it's been activated, by the time you realize it's you, you're half way to blowing up, and certainly have no time to type 'ME' have your party read it, and not to mention have time to respond. They also need some way to indicate 'THIS IS WHERE THE COCOON IS', it's pretty hard to see even if it's on the floor right in front of you. And honestly, the whole can't be revived insta party kill thing has it's uses, but not at every freakn boss fight, at least in FBI there is actually time to react and clear cue that this big thing is about to happen. FBI, MSP, ToNG, CR, all these dungeons have party wipes. CoDG doesn't that I can remember, but it does have the damn platform mechanic they loved for a few mods.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Got cocooned at least 1x in all but one of those runs. Often changed chat to party and typed me and still got healed successfully.

We had trouble one time when some idiot (ie me) didn’t use party chat to type “me”. On the same run we had trouble because she cocooned someone (me again) and started the mimic phase at the same time.

But that was 1 run in 4 where a mix of player mistakes and a potential bug resulted in it taking multiple attempts to pass her (the prior run we breezed through her).

It can be a big help to pause at the first 2 bosses once in their arena and relog to get the stat bug sorted. (Being I lost 13-40k Power for eg).
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    https://m.imgur.com/a/7cdSWgp

It's so playable.. look at my stats..
    No where near maxed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

No where near maxed

not even at arpen cap for LOMM (68k)
    and it took you 2 hours....people are doing it in 15 mins now
    so yea having lower stats will make it much harder
    congratz though, at least you beat it :)
    15 minutes?
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

No where near maxed

not even at arpen cap for LOMM (68k)
    and it took you 2 hours....people are doing it in 15 mins now
    so yea having lower stats will make it much harder
    congratz though, at least you beat it :)
    15 minutes?
    i'm sure groups have done it in less by now....probably down to 10-13 mins
    I'd imagine they would be posting their run on youtube.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Oh if even I can do it that means its by far not unplayable. You might need a better party, and Arcturia is by far the hardest part imo. But even if you have ppl struggling with mimics it can be done if you got some very good ppl with you.
    It's not casual, thats all. But thats what most people wanted and asked for before mod 16 - more endgame content.
    The only thing that is offputting about this is that LoMM is the only content you want/can run right now that is (if yer lucky) worth the effort. MEs get tiring and Watcher Set might be a nice transmute, but then again ...
    E: so, my two cents about it: Work on your char, find somebody to semi-carry you, or wait until the new stuff is affordable to give yourself a better chance on a smoother run in some time, but don't blame the dungeon.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

Oh if even I can do it that means its by far not unplayable. You might need a better party, and Arcturia is by far the hardest part imo. But even if you have ppl struggling with mimics it can be done if you got some very good ppl with you.
    It's not casual, thats all. But thats what most people wanted and asked for before mod 16 - more endgame content.
    The only thing that is offputting about this is that LoMM is the only content you want/can run right now that is (if yer lucky) worth the effort. MEs get tiring and Watcher Set might be a nice transmute, but then again ...

I though the content was challenging enough before this. LOMM is too hard for me.
    I did CR and TONG daily in mod 15, and it wasn't easy....i mean yea sometimes it was easier but CR i don't think I've done more then 2x without anyone dying and I've never done a run in under 30 mins.
    the quickest tong i did was 8 mins and thats just because of all the power creep going on in mod 14....mod 15 pushed it back to about 15-20 mins.
    I can see where you are coming from, cause this kind of dungeon running is usually too stressful for me, in general. (I have even less reason to run more difficult dungeons because they take too long for me and for their rewards)
    I wanted to run LoMM once to see how it works, and I had some nice ppl adding me to their party, or I wouldn't have done it at all. (I'm also out of racing after paingiver anymore, cause I finally got to a good point last mod and now I'm simply out of resources to invest, and too tired to care too much)
    But there's quite a lot of ppl that race LoMM just like they raced tong before, and they can do it quite well from what I've seen.
    As soon as you have some friends that have an easy-ish time in LoMM (ran it a few times...) and you can go with them, its quite nice.
    Thats what some in-stream arguments were about, as far as I recall - about how you need to rely on your party etc etc.
    So right now its premade endgame players. You can't also carry that many people... If my group had to carry more players like me we would've failed Arcturia obviously.

Right now its nice for a lot of people that complained about no new endgame dungeons with more difficult mechanics, and it will soon be easier.

If it were too easy now, new players would compete and people would be salty about that, too.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    pantha7 said:

Yesterday we tried to queue for Lomm...another attempt counting on hope that we could pass first boss...we formed a typical party 2 dps 100k+ power , 1 dps 98k power, 1 op , 1 cleric devout... the first attempt was a fail , someone overkilled first round of mimics golems spawned we wiped, the second we passed mimic phase but when someone from the party got cocooned cleric didn't catch him up in time we wiped after that... the third attempt the cleric did catch up the cocooned player but we were standing near him too and that was a mass suicide... the last attempt the cleric healed the cocooned as much as he could but after the big explosion they wiped both..xD ...thnx for the run , we abandoned instance... Nowww you tell me and a crypric dev if Lomm is doable from an average to high end geared player.

It is. If you could kill mimics and survive cocoon you can do it. Characters with 20k can do it. Only have to know what they are doing. I had fail runs with 23k party even with a 25k tank who couldnt keep agro.

I remember doing CN last boss for 25 attempts... trying to figure how to nod die miserably. Maybe I am an old player, but sometimes I see players that have less patience than my son, they want to have everything now. With no effort.

And this problem is because we had 10 mods with brainless gameplay, inmortality and buffs so 99% of the cases people bypassed the game mechanics only smashing buttons. Now people have to learn the mechanics and LoMM is a very good example of what a dungeon and bosses should be.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    On Sunday, during the live stream with a NW producer, Silvery's group took gear off to be 20k iL and 90k power and did it with just one wipe. So it is doable.
  • Options
    akudama2akudama2 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I personally like lomm , had a lot (around 50 ?) of failed (random queue) runs with ppl 70~180k power. But after thats i made new friends and now we can easy make lomm in 20 min. Also im OP and i like my role heal/ tank before mod16 tank and healer was pretty useless just get life steal and solo all bosses. In lomm You need experienced tank/heal cuz they are core of team if they fail in something others will get rly hard (not impossibe but hard) to finish boss.
  • Options
    nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Lomm is very doable if you're average to high level (at 21.300 item level i have absolutely no problem being top dps, altough the run does take 30 mins or more)

Here's the thing, you have to know the mechanics, be ready for the mimics at 80% and after, dodge the red aoe(i mean..DODGE, MOD15 IS GONE, RED STUFF DEALS DAMAGE), announce if you get coccooned so healer can heal and rest can run away, etc.

If you know the mechanics, you are overkill in terms of item level and stats, but still have problems with mimics and/or lack dps, here's the thing:

***I will be very blunt, please don't take this the wrong way. Forum mods, you can edit or delete my post if you see fit, i really don't mean to offend***

Maybe you're doing something wrong and it's not the game's fault.
    Here's what you can do:
    -Try online builds, no shame in opening google and asking it what the heck to do if you're having problems
    -Ask other experienced players of the same class what powers and gear are best to use
    -Maybe minmax your stats? having 100k arpen, crit and accuracy is over the cap, sure, but maybe try balancing it out so you get more power

*Everything i said applies if you're a healer that can't heal, or a tank that can't tank*