test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where's my "Important Invitation"?

mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
I was testing mod16 early on and then other things commanded my attention and I didn't test as much later.

Now I am trying to get back to playing NWO and one of the first things that I noticed was that my character did not get his important invitation to meet up with Neverember and start Undermountain.

Did I miss something?
Did they change the mission? Am I supposed to pick it up somewhere?

Anyway, early results not promising, but I always hated Barovia anyway so I will try not to let that dissuade me*.

Still, if I can not get invited to Undermountain there isn't much point.

* My Justicar Paladin charged up Yester Hill and died in seconds.
I switched to Oathkeeper and stayed at range, but that doesn't feel very Paladin-y to me. I then tried to do a "save the merchants" heroic and was similarly shredded in no time flat.
Then I was like a lost little puppy following a Barbarian around as they were doing other heroics and seemingly having very little problem in order to get my three "minor" heroics completed.

Still, my first attempt at playing since mod16 went live, and, like I said, I never cared for Barovia.
I just felt lacking.

I won't claim to be leet or anything, and I know that my gear isn't the greatest (using the Barovia starter gear), but this was quite the shock.

So totally, completely incapable of dealing with those enemies that I used to be able to handle.

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    The invitation is on the table behind Knox.

No idea why they decided to put it there.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Thank you.

My best guess is that they never quite figured out how to make sure everyone got it automatically so they punted.