test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lair of the Mad Mage

How do you avoid cocoons on first boss?

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah, we had a good try, the adds - the butterfly golems and mimics have waaaaaay too many HP. I had 86k arpen, 110k power, 80k crit, 90k+ CA and 75k accuracy, so it wasn't for want of trying.

We tried maybe 3 times with a decent group, though we were only sight-seeing really, and I think we did over 100 million damage between the 3 dps toons we had on.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Well we got to arcturia but those butterfly swarms caused massive lag, just standing there for 10-20 seconds to come back and see half the party dead because we can do nothing. Then while waiting for reinforcements are party was disbanded somehow and we no longer had a queue so no reinforcements, so tried to use the sign post to travel out and game crashed.
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Yeah, the amount of golem spawns and their power is crazy, add on the mimics, and the brutality is redic. Once they started spawning every time our group was soon down for the count...

IS t hat from today? Because it seems off the damage from all of them at the end is what all my groups have had after the first attempt on the first boss....
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

so thats 4x dps 1 heals from my understanding which is very limit party that can beat that so if this isnt corrected it isnt worth running is it? for alot of classes!!! and then drop a dps and bring in tank maybe for last boss lol credit to Angelus Wolf for screenshot

This can be beat with a normal composition party .... I just did 2 runs of the dungeon with a GF(tank), Barb(DPS), CW(DPS), HR(DPS) and myself as Cleric(Healer). The first fight is definitely the hardest and the trick to it is to put the 3 DPS on 3 of the "lanes" (1 on each) and the fourth lane the tank and healer combine to stop the mimics. I will say that the Cleric healer was a plus over the Paladin healer we tried using on our first run ... but I suspect pretty much any class combination can do it.

Now DPS ... this takes quite a bit to keep the mimics down and well as to destroy the transformers at Trobriand (The "DPS check" mechanic is still alive and well in this dungeon). You aren't going to run this successfully with 20K DPS ....
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

IS t hat from today? Because it seems off the damage from all of them at the end is what all my groups have had after the first attempt on the first boss....
    It is, you can see the current event on the screen. And what's on screen is not the paingiver but the damage received. If it's a legit run then props to them.
    agilesto said:

It is, you can see the current event on the screen. And what's on screen is not the paingiver but the damage received. If it's a legit run then props to them.
    I am to tired making bad reading mistakes, thanks for pointing that out.

Really wish someone in one of these groups doing it would explain just how that got past the first boss.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

agilesto said:

Really wish someone in one of these groups doing it would explain just how that got past the first boss.
    I think I wont be far from truth if I say - Combat discipline and Fine DPS.
    I am guessing that some lag free window would be handy as well....
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    *looks at guild leaders posting*
    Excellent news.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    To be fair, it is normal not to be able to deal with the latest, most difficult dungeon on the first try. I mean, my first trip into ToNG was a failure. My first CoDG was a disaster as were my first one or two attempts to do CR. After that, once the mechanisms were understood, those became easy.

I expected the same from LoMM. It was doable on Preview - if anything, people were saying it was a bit too easy, and I assumed the increase from 16000/66000 to 18000/68000 was for that reason. Fair enough - it was kind-of too easy to cap the stats anyhow.

The problem is, however, that LoMM is not really playable. I'm not talking about the Arcturia difficulty - it can be handled with a really good group - in particular if you go in with 4xDPS. No, the killer issue for me is the lag, getting just "Server not responding" and then come back to find the group dead, sorry .. no, that's just not acceptable.

I had looked forward to LoMM - was getting really bored just running 3xME per day and nothing else, but the way things look now, maybe I should just take a break, and come back in a month to see if the game is still here and if the dungeons are playable.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    They're just trying to have a realistic IL requirement for the dungeon for once
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Well, more realistic in that they are not, at least not to my mind, trying to sell it to average players n the first place (see post above my previous post) because it's not designed for average casuals. I'd argue 13k for CR was more misleading when it came out
  • pervertkun#8781 pervertkun Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Hi. I'm the DC on the screenshot. Yes it's from live server.
    As some people asked, the average item level of our party was 22k.

The tactic kiraskytower mentioned was the one we used on Arcturia - We would keep daily skills for the mimics and killing them would be easy.

How to deal with the cocoon: After the mimics wave, boss transform someone on cocoon. If it's not the healer, the healer can heal the transformed person back to full health so no one does when they explode; Alternatively, call out in chat you are the cocoon so people run away from you, that way no one dies when you explode.

I had a lot of difficulty on first tries. The lag was unbearable on start of the day, too. Our tanker first try took hours to learn mechanics. All in all, I would say that the dungeon is for 20k ilvl what CR was for old 13k.
    Hope this can help if you are having trouble with the Smurfette boss. I hate her. 😂
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

The tactic kiraskytower mentioned was the one we used on Arcturia - We would keep daily skills for the mimics and killing them would be easy.

How to deal with the cocoon: After the mimics wave, boss transform someone on cocoon. If it's not the healer, the healer can heal the transformed person back to full health so no one does when they explode; Alternatively, call out in chat you are the cocoon so people run away from you, that way no one dies when you explode.

I had a lot of difficulty on first tries. The lag was unbearable on start of the day, too. Our tanker first try took hours to learn mechanics. All in all, I would say that the dungeon is for 20k ilvl what CR was for old 13k.

Hope this can help if you are having trouble with the Smurfette boss. I hate her. 😂

So the mechanic is to go away from the cocoon? I though it was the opposite. I remember being the cocoon 1 time and when I exploded I was dead with nobody near me. And I couldnt revive. Maybe I am wrong but well
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

agilesto said:

Kill the mimics and the overpowered monsters don't show up. Those don't show up and you can fight the boss normally. Save 1 daily and auto's to kill one mimic. Save 2 dps dailies to kill the adds and your good to go. Recommend using the abilities that are single target high damage which hopefully by now you know what those are for your class. Healer needs to heal you when the cocoon part happens and your golden. The part with the mimics is a dps check. If one of the party isn't killing the mimics your going to fail this part of the dungeon over time as those mobs will add up and it is really hard to kill them since they have almost the same hp as the boss.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

So the mechanic is to go away from the cocoon? I though it was the opposite. I remember being the cocoon 1 time and when I exploded I was dead with nobody near me. And I couldnt revive. Maybe I am wrong but well
    You can't revive, but the healer can revive you.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • oqupo#0811 oqupo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Tried it with pugs the whole day after patch yesterday and finally succeed with awesome people. First boss can be done, if the 3 dps are taking each one corner, and the best two of them, helping the tank/healer corner at the second chest. You need to spare your best dps skills (eg dailys) for the chests to get them cleared. If a low amount of chests get transformed to golems, it's not that big problem. They are slow so you can avoid them by movement.
    If the one of being a mumie is healed up, he should be able to survive. But important noone should be near at the explosion.
    My biggest problem in there were the usual first day lag (which will be for sure on weekend too) and that I often cant see the poison or butterflys. Instead I've had to look steadily on my hp bar.
    Arcturia is really a dps check, every dps in the team need to be able to kill these chests alone. And better one or two of them can help tank/heal afterwards.