test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why we get pearls from enemies in master expeditions?

darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
Well I know you downscalled everything, but 2 pearls for killing a miniboss in the latest content is... insulting. Just saying
Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
Caturday Survivor
Elemental Evil Survivor
Undermontain Survivor
Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    It is better than nothing.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    greywynd said:

It is better than nothing.

Best attitude ever from the companies perspective perhaps.... Maybe you should use that to try to convince them to chop the price of yen by 90% after all they should not mind since it would be better than getting nothing....

The whole idea of these games is to give the players enjoyment, and for many part of that enjoyment is actual loot. Many figure the higher you get the better the loot should get as well. So when it does not or in some cases gets even worse they can be legitimately unhappy about it even if it is "better than nothing"
    Have you tried not feeling entitled to more than they are willing to give?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Entitled.... not really. They already lowered the amount of rp you get per piece of gear you are not able to sell from dungeons and elsewhere from what the exact same things before mod 16 were. Now we have stuff from lvl 80 content that gives worse loot drops than the 70 content before mod 16 gave. you can defend them all you want but the fact of the matter is the more unhappy players/customers they have. The fewer people they have willing to pay for stuff they do not even need and nothing from the zen store is needed to play the game. Each month I had a good time playing the game I supported them with cash to show them that I like the game and what they are doing. Now they got rid of most buffing (which I think is alright) But to compound that they also nerfed all the classes, have a very harsh scaling system where if you want caps at lvl 70 content when you are 80 you almost need double the 80 stat cap. Enchants get scaled to uselessness. I mean a max rank vorpal has it's crit severity lowered all the way to half the lowest rank is unscaled. And we get to have dungeons made impossible from "bugs" which are sometimes just obviously untested stuff because that is the only way things like tiamat, castle never, TONG, spc.... could have made it to the launch as they were. The devs have the responsibility to test the content they are releasing before release, instead they basically ignored much of the worries about the scaling and lower lvl content the test server players had and shoved it forward even if the dev team had just tested each area a single time in a normal group/situation they would have been hard pressed not to see any issues. And since the scaling thing is new everything that is scaled should of been internally tested for QA purposes if nothing else. This is a LIVE game and what it looks like is a early access game from steam. Live MMO servers are not supposed to be treated that way that is the entire purpose of their TEST servers. yeah a couple of the dungeons have been addressed and made better after multiple attempts and some are not better at all (because it is obvious they did not test the fixes they pushed out....which is why you always see words like should help/fix/make it easier because they have no idea because they did not test it.) And we also have a regressing in the "HAMSTER" loot which yes is minor and what not but still having the exact same value stuff dropping for 25%+ levels of content can get annoying and on top of everything else become a major annoyance and that HAMSTER loot is much more important to some than others. Also to add to the list is having fun looking at the collection pages for undermountain stuff. They claim a new wep set is found on trade bar store but nothing there. Spy guild shirt and pants in seal store, nope not there not to mention all the stuff from the LOMM that they could not include because they pushed it live to fast...... Oh and the made it 300 seals for 1k RAD when before it was 100 for 1k rad. And did not even bother giving us any type of sink to spend seals of the mountain on....

So yeah you may see it as whatever better than nothing. Others see it as a joke or insult the game devs saying we respect you so little we see no reason in updating anything in this regards. The things you find more important will be trivial to others who may have a who cares attitude about that stuff because it does nothing for them.

Personally the HAMSTER loot to me is meaningless I have no use for any of it anymore I have plenty of rp, and even if i did not the current enchant system is largely not even needed. They have a massive amount of fixing to do (which should have all been done before it went live anyway) before I would even consider spending another penny to show them support. Sorry but I will not support a game company that turns a live game server into a early access hey you guys do all the testing for us and we will do stuff and you can test that as well since we do not feel like it and are just hoping it makes it better we know you will tell us if it does or does not. I am quite positive if they took the game as it was on the test server and spent even 2 weeks actually testing it internally themselves they would have had a good list of things to fix and change and then all they had to do was spend the time fixing changing things and testing that before putting this mod live. They chose not to and instead pry figured if we push this to live as fast as possible we will make more money faster. Personally I feel they refuse to learn for their past new mod mistakes....and are starting to scramble a bit because I have a feeling they are starting to see a drop in players playing (which honestly these companies do not care about) what is really likely happening is a drop in zen being bought for cash. In all honestly Cryptic would not care if 75% of players quit as long as the amount of money being spend by the remaining 25% was enough to not see it drop.

I do not regret any of the money I spent. I spent what I felt they deserved for the enjoyment I got from playing a video game. But I refuse to pay more now that it is not much fun at all basically have 3 expedition runs a day (which something end up having mobs stuck in walls or under floors causing you to not being able to progress and losing a quest or having lag dc and it drop your from the expedition and causes you to lose the quest) but yeah I do not pay to do the companies job for them which is to test to ensure the game remains enjoyable. I do not expect a bug free game or anything bugs happen but on the level it is with mod 16 it can not be attributed to anything other than the devs not doing their job as they should. I really hope they can turn things around quickly because the forgotten realms is a world I truly love. But they have quite the job to rebuild enough trust to have me and players that feel like me to actually start supporting them with money again.

But yeah TLDR----just because someone is complaining about something you do not see as being important does not mean you should tell them to be happy better than nothing. What you see as trivial may be one of the more important things for that person and others as well. Many people love games like these because of loot system so it is a perfectly legitimate complaint for them and are only letting the devs know what they may require to start supporting with cash. it is for the devs to decide if they feel that demographic of player is important enough to change something in the game to try to get them to support them. Happy players/customers are more likely to buy stuff and tell their friends to play the game. Unhappy ones will not pay, and often go to much greater lengths to get others to stop buying stuff or playing altogether. Often times a single disgruntled customer will have as big of an impact on a business as 100 happy ones, people tend to be far more vocal when unhappy than anyone that is happy will be.

Yes, from now on I demand that all rewards I get from any content have to be of comparable value to a Leg mount, thanks.
  • strixblitz64#0785 strixblitz64 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    it would be nice to at least get some gear drops in the earlier areas

I have gotten gear drops from the minibosses. Walked out with 3 pieces of new epic gear before I got the box (and subsequent Red Feather HAMSTER) from Obaya.
    The complain was basically the HAMSTER loot drops (which is what stuff that usually just gets sold to vendors or destroyed by players) has not really changed for a very long time, and atm could even be argued to have been downgraded. Where did I say everything should be of a value of a legendary mount? his complaint was about the trash, I remember that at the start I would get white pearls than as the content got higher level it went to peridots then is went to black pearls and had stayed there a very long time.... Now the content is again higher level and we are sometimes getting white pearls (yes I have had these drop in the master expeditions myself) again that is the complaint the loot in higher level areas is basically what it was back in lvl 10....
    Which goes back to expectations and feelings of entitlement.
    And if it matters, I killed a basilisk in an ME. Big, fugly thing. All I got was 4s and a handful of coppers. Not even the value of one black pearl.
    I could list many things that have just been flat out downgraded with the new mod but they already have been states again and again all over the forum. Many of them are sadly the same thing other games have done when they were running into what the companies that own them view and financial trouble. Unfortunately for Neverwinter they made those changes during a mod they released that was full of bugs they made many dungeons outright unplayable (and no working on fixing them after it is live is not good enough when they should have properly tested it internally and fixed it before releasing it a few bugs are expected dozens-hundreds is completely unacceptable however no matter how hard they work on fixing them after the fact.

But yeah you are completely right whatever the devs throw our way is better than nothing. Of course when the best thing I can say about stuff is that it is better than nothing well it is not worth my money. Just like if I am hungry eating a slice of bread or a rice cake is better than nothing but if I have the money I will get a nice steak instead. Better than nothing is what you do/get when you have no other choice. I played Neverwinter from the day it was released until mod 6 when i deleted the account i had and left. a few months ago I finally felt I will try it since it was still around and enjoyed it but now its looking quite ugly again. The entire reason I played it back than and now is because I love the forgotten realms world. and there are many options for me to enjoy that world without playing the MMO, and since I already own all those games I will not have to pay for any of them. so I have other options and much more of the MMO being better than nothing will just have me play those games as well as others. I am really just hanging around now to see if the extra time spent on LOMM can actually result in a bug free launch for a single dungeon (since I hope they actually tested it internally since it is completely new unlike testing to see what the massive sweeping changes they made to everything would do to the old dungeons.

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    boss mobs drop white pearls must be very dirt poor, it all it got. mugged so many times all day.
    I wouldn't doubt that at all. Think about how Halaster is going to feel tomorrow.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    If they gave out Legendary Mounts to everyone, those mounts would then become worthless and players would complain about the mounts being devalued.

I do get what you are saying about the White Pearls, but meh, choose your battles. There are bigger issues, in my opinion.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    Never fight a battle you do not have to win.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

If they gave out Legendary Mounts to everyone, those mounts would then become worthless and players would complain about the mounts being devalued.

Between Pearls and Legendary mounts there are a world of choices. I cant believe you are telling this lol
    kreatyve said:

I do get what you are saying about the White Pearls, but meh, choose your battles. There are bigger issues, in my opinion.

So in your opionion we should just shut up with things that arent top priority? This is the content we are running atm because other content is broken. This fix should take what, 5 mins? really you are a moderator not a cryptic paladin

Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor