test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

River District - Shard of Night issues in M16

isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
First opinion - most of the fights are manageable solo with an augment. I was never really in danger of dying in normal fights. Morlanth is sturdier than before (or my dmg is just that much lower), Gravemist isn't a problem.

However, in my opinion the choke shades need to be addressed. Once one grabs you, you are dead. Summoned a combat pet with cc, soul puppet, neither managed to break its grip and it just drained me from 100 - 0. Infernal Spheres and Blades of Vanquished Armies also dispel when CC-ed, so neither of those will save you. I *think* Hellfire Ring saved me once, but I also know it did not break the hold another time. Immo Spirits were untested. So for solo players, every time a choke shade appears it's campfire time. I don't recall these shades having such a long grasp time in M15 (and I ran Shard of Night a lot after M16 was announced)

A real issue though (found out thanks to said choky shades) is that dying somewhere near the first gate you have to push open (right before the spiral staircase) will make you respawn UNDER the Shard of Night. In the underground tunnels that Linkletter falls into during the Plague Tower quest. And there is no route back to the upper levels to resume the quest to Morlanth. I only escaped with VIP Signpost and re-entered the tower. The campfire down there needs to be removed or disabled for the Shard of Night cause it is quite frustrating to die to a shade that you can't break free from and then get dropped in the basement and have to abandon the instance.
Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment

Comments

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    @kreatyve can you please move this to the bug report section? and btw it is still happening. very frustrating. Shadows are a certain death, and dying will sometimes spawn you at a campsight you have not unlocked and looks to be "under" the tower with absolutely no way to get back to the regular dungeon.
  • klamor#6078 klamor Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    6 June 19.

Still happening with the underground campfire preventing quest completion and forcing an abort.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

I escalated this issue early this week to the dev team - will forward this thread too.

Thanks for your help and your patience.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Hello!

The chest piece doesn't drop from this quest anymore on repetition.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language