test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about stats, progressing, players perspective

darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
edited May 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Keep in mind, that I understand that lots of players are having problems with progressing, and I dont agree with the current state of scaling (in my opinion it hurts players and Cryptic). Also I like the changes to class roles and the concept of group work in dungeons, but some classes need more work.

Here is some things I dont understand from my point of view (22k Character) and would be great to see them from developers perspective. Mod 16 revamps everything in the game, I asume with future modules in mind. But...

- I dont understand how I have capped every stat in the game (including deflection in a Wizard) with 0 efford, and some like critical strike in 85k (near 20k of stats are wasted). Cryptic removed hard caps long time ago because of this, but we needed 5 modules to get to cap the stats (and not all) and now we have the same system and we can cap all the stats from day 1?

- I still have some old lvl 70 items, nor legendary insigias, rank 15s, 1000 IL gear, etc. So I can still get more stats but I dont see the point to do it. So it hurts Cryptic too.

- I was a minmaxer in the past but now.... what should I do, invest lots of resources adjusting stats to max power and HP? Or is this intentional and is because I will be scaled? Then the objetive is to minmax level 70 scaled content?

- What will add future modules to keep players interested in progressing if we already have capped everything? Only new weapons can add something usefull (damage) I understand new players have a long way to improve their character, but you dont do this kind of revamp with all the effort from developers to close all the doors in the future... I just dont understand.

- All this efford to scalling could have sense if the old level 70 content give good rewards... but 90% of the time they are obsolete, if the #1 objetive was to put a wall to bots farming RAD, thats ok, but rewards are important.

- I usually do dungeons for fun, and will continue to do so, scaled or not scaled, if is challenging is fun for me, but if rewards dont match the time invested, this makes the game more casual. Maybe thats the objetive. I would like to know.

- I understand companions are the new enchants, the real end game items, I am fine with that. But what if the dungeons have rewards that match with this concept? Companion upgrade tokens, each dungeon drops his unique companions so you want to farm a variety of dungeons, if the dungeon is harder, the companion quality can go higher (even legendary why not)

- Please, tweak the actual scalling system to be les sharmful for the majority of the players. BIS players or near BIS arent very punished, but most players are in the 10k-18k range, and they are the ones that suffer most from this system.

I allways want to understand the developer and company point of view, but this time I Cant. I even would accept a "we want more money, so the changes are made to sell lots of items that make characters more powerful". But is not the case.

I would like to hear a Game designer explaining this, because I dont think they are idiots, but maybe they did fail designing some things because is really hard to change everything and match all the objetives you put at the start. If they recognice this, they can fix it with players help and feedback, but if they think everything is ok, then well everyone lose.

Edit: Sorry for my english is not my first language
Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
Caturday Survivor
Elemental Evil Survivor
Undermontain Survivor
Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
Post edited by darthpotater on

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

- I was a minmaxer in the past but now.... what should I do, invest lots of resources adjusting stats to max power and HP? Or is this intentional and is because I will be scaled? Then the objetive is to minmax level 70 scaled content?

Well, yes, you can boost just Power and HP, but actually, going above the caps does make sense (not in scaled content, but when you get debuffed and your stats are reduced...for example in MEs when some of those runes trigger.

But I agree, maxing out every stats right from the start is just silly (actually, to be fair, I need a few thousand points in Deflection, and CA is not yet capped, so I haven't actually capped everything.

Maybe they will make LoMM stronger so it has a base of 80K, not 66K like it did on Preview?

Hoping for improvements...
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Maybe they will make LoMM stronger so it has a base of 80K, not 66K like it did on Preview?

I also thought that but anyway it doesnt appear to be a long time desing
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    I love to run dungeons too and difficulty is fine. If they are too easy players get bored. But the increase in difficulty without any reward will make players not run them. Why would you spend the time and effort if the pay out is less than what you spend trying to succeed? I feel like this is becoming a game where if it were chess, you had to pay money each time you wanted to move a piece. This is not even the most difficult content and I'm using Res Scrolls like they are candy.

So is the new system design set up so characters need to pay to be a hero?