test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What goes in these enchantment slots?

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
We have new, "Companion Only" rune-stone slots but what goes there? I can't see anything in the AH that complies.

Also I have 2 enchantment slots for "overload" what goes there?

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2019

We have new, "Companion Only" rune-stone slots but what goes there? I can't see anything in the AH that complies.

Also I have 2 enchantment slots for "overload" what goes there?

Some of the companion gear that drops from HEs in the stronghold has an overload slot that takes "companion-only" overloads, like https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion%27s_Mark_of_the_Orc_Ward,_Rank_1 Basically, don't bother with this - is useless/worthless.

Current companion gear just takes regular runestones (Arcane, Empowered, Profane, etc..)

As for the regular overload slots on player gear, that's for stuff like https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Greater_Corrupt_Black_Ice_Enchantment Generally worth using if you have it.

Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    The three slots on your companion page are for Bonding Runestones. The slots in companion only gear are for normal runestones (ie arcane, empowered, et al). The overload slots are for overload enchantments, purchased from the stronghold gemmonger or made in some of the campaigns.
    edited April 2019
    -delete-
  • devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    It looks like the overload's decay over time. With our luck that means they get used twice and disappear

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter

It looks like the overload's decay over time. With our luck that means they get used twice and disappear

Uh... they have always been like that. I mean, overload enchants were introduced a long time ago. They might become more popular now, with combat being harder, so that every little extra buff helps.

As for "used twice" ... no, typically they have something like an 8-hour use, but only time spent "in combat" counts. As I said...the regular overloads are worth using - just save them for hard dungeons and such.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    2 hour or 8 hour, depending on type.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    greywynd said:

2 hour or 8 hour, depending on type.

Then the AH price is exorbitant for the usage. 100 + thousand AD

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    You can buy Black Ice overloads in Caer-Konig at the Black Ice Forge once you've spent some time in the Icewind Dale campaign. You can buy Frosted in the SKT campaign. You can get Greater Dragon Glyphs running Lostmauth and Tuern. You can get Lesser Dragon Glyphs during the Siege of Neverwinter.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    You can buy enemy specific one from SH merchant using guild mark.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***