test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want to see a Cryptic QA testing Live Stream!

oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
edited April 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
@nitocris83 I want to see a Cryptic QA testing Live Stream!

You know what I really want to see? I want to see 5 cryptic employees in a party doing a random queue of any level 70 dungeon or skirmish on level 71-80 characters. This should not take them more than 45 minutes right?

I would like to see the tanks point of view, the healers pov and one dps pov. NO GOD MODE! Play the game as we play it. To make it more fun you should use 5 random characters picked from the playerbase using the gear and set up that player has. (If you need help learning how to record and upload different POV's just ask. We have several community streamers that would probably love to help just to see this.) Better cross your fingers and hope you get FBI!

If they are able to complete the dungeon I want to see the rewards they get from the chest.

If things are in such a good place then this should not be a problem right?

Not up for random queue? No problem! Queue up as private and do Castle Ravenloft or Tomb of the Nine Gods or Cradle of the Death God.

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!

Don't waste any more of our time with "we are working on it" or "we are aware". Show us that you play the game and are seeing what we are seeing on a daily basis! Demonstrate just how we are supposed to be doing this content in its current form.

So instead of sitting there talking to us for an hour and ignoring our questions and feedback spend that hour playing YOUR game the way YOU want it played.

If you can't complete the content then remove it from the random queue until it is bug free. Is that too much to ask? We can't even earn our daily AD because of these bugs and scaling. Show me that we are wrong.
Post edited by oremonger#9999 on

Comments

• adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I have said this multiple times to them. Prove your game is in a good place by playing through random queues. I think the problem is that they are stretched thin as it is and wasting a day streaming when they could be fixing stuff is not a good use of time. If they would have listened to the hundreds of comments made in the preview thread they could have fixed everything pre launch. I think it is too little too late now game seems so dead in all zones I have been in the last few days
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Sheer brilliance.

I think it would be the best thing that EVER happened to Neverwinter. They can market it and get incredible street cred.

Personally, I'd do it once a week until matters are much better, in a podcast format. The playerbase at first will troll you but it would be a tremendously positive project and you would certainly have the community ENGAGED. Crazy as a trippy frog idea, but worth the ride! :)

The community and company would benefit if pulled off right.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I've said this before in general, if I was in charge - I would lock the CM and a DEV in a room and make them play on all three platforms at least once a week. Here's a novel concept- play and interact with your community!
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User

Sheer brilliance.

I think it would be the best thing that EVER happened to Neverwinter. They can market it and get incredible street cred.

Personally, I'd do it once a week until matters are much better, in a podcast format. The playerbase at first will troll you but it would be a tremendously positive project and you would certainly have the community ENGAGED. Crazy as a trippy frog idea, but worth the ride! :)

The community and company would benefit if pulled off right.

I agree, if only nothing more than just a way of saying we get it, and showing they can play the game the way they are wanting us to play it. A stream like this would go a long way in repairing some of the negativity, and could like you say turn out to be a positive project and a win win for all involved.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    I think it would be very helpful to see the Devs play through a couple of the dungeons. See what powers they slot, what gear they have etc. If they show us they can do it with the normal gear and how they do it, it would go a long way to impact my feelings. For now, I bet they can't complete the stuff the player base is also having issues with.
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Would be nice to see them, but they have to play with EU proxy, to see real lag issues too we are always having.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I totally second that. Please make it so that Noworries plays an HR.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    Why would you want to watch a stream of Devs napping at their desks?
    Why would you want to watch a stream of Devs napping at their desks?
  • ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    You know what dude seriously , change is what made me & most of us panic, there are classes that are not fully polished absloutly agree & need to be looked at.

No Offense but an investment from us the players to theorize how we could play our character & what it would contribute to your party.

I would like to ask something :

Mod 15 wise what was fun ?
    1- Speed Running
    2- Buffing / Debuffing Going Out of Hand
    3- Buffing the Barbarian to the point he is sprinting ahead of party & Clearing the dungeon in 10 - 15 minutes

Is this Fun ?

For Heaven sake we never did any boss mechanic unless it would wipe us in a single blow

Have you ever knew the 2nd boss in Tong Mechanic or you just burned the boss in Mod 15?

What Mod 16 is Forcing you to do is:
    • Play the dungeon in its designed mechanic and that is what should be done and correct.

For Example: Dont Stand in the RED AOE you will die unless you have block mechanism such as Paladin Healer , Dreadnaught Fighter whose guard would be consumed for that AOE attack.

• It is not just mashing buttons and I like that, Threat Meter for Tanking is interesting concept and I like that beside tanking I can determine how much of threat I am pulling from DPS.

• Here is the thing scaling can not be removed because it would make Tanking & healing not necessary & we will be back to Mod 15 Again.

If this happens then all their work was for nothing, I now get why they are so stuck to scaling & I agree that it should remain in place.

The only thing they need to work on is old dungeons , quests , old campaigns not rescaled to Mod 16 system & they are working on it, this is 6 years old game & they decided to rehaul it, how they managed to do that is beyond anyone to comprehend & the fact that they would do that along with each mod released is an accomplishment & the hours they have put.

I agree that the mod 16 did not come perfect , but it is what is to be built upon for next mods.

I like scaling system and the challenge it brings because long gone the whole speed running this was really stupid.

My Final Question for you is this if you read my whole reply: What was really destroyed I would like to know ?

@nitocris83 you guys win, I have not felt that excitement about the game & theorizing what I could do to improve my gameplay as Tank / Healer since open beta.

This system would allow them to make mods easier , new classes , new races , new items & cooler boss mechanics the sky the limit. What would seem wrong right now, will prove it success in successive Mods, this rant is not helping & I am guilty of this myself.

We need to grow as human beings and be better they are humans too dude

I totally understand your disastisfaction about the game, when they released Mod 16 on preview server. I would open preview server , be angry after 3 hours close the game. It came to a point that I decided not to logon to Live Server & claim Enchanted Key for sadness of losing what I enjoy & many times just opening the game 2 minutes & deciding to close the game with that gutting feeling of what they would do to my beloved game.

But They are right, and it is the correct path
    ryonas said:

You know what dude seriously , change is what made me & most of us panic, there are classes that are not fully polished absloutly agree & need to be looked at.

No Offense but an investment from us the players to theorize how we could play our character & what it would contribute to your party.

I would like to ask something :

Mod 15 wise what was fun ?
    1- Speed Running
    2- Buffing / Debuffing Going Out of Hand
    3- Buffing the Barbarian to the point he is sprinting ahead of party & Clearing the dungeon in 10 - 15 minutes

Is this Fun ?

For Heaven sake we never did any boss mechanic unless it would wipe us in a single blow

Have you ever knew the 2nd boss in Tong Mechanic or you just burned the boss in Mod 15?

What Mod 16 is Forcing you to do is:
    • Play the dungeon in its designed mechanic and that is what should be done and correct.

For Example: Dont Stand in the RED AOE you will die unless you have block mechanism such as Paladin Healer , Dreadnaught Fighter whose guard would be consumed for that AOE attack.

• It is not just mashing buttons and I like that, Threat Meter for Tanking is interesting concept and I like that beside tanking I can determine how much of threat I am pulling from DPS.

• Here is the thing scaling can not be removed because it would make Tanking & healing not necessary & we will be back to Mod 15 Again.

If this happens then all their work was for nothing, I now get why they are so stuck to scaling & I agree that it should remain in place.

The only thing they need to work on is old dungeons , quests , old campaigns not rescaled to Mod 16 system & they are working on it, this is 6 years old game & they decided to rehaul it, how they managed to do that is beyond anyone to comprehend & the fact that they would do that along with each mod released is an accomplishment & the hours they have put.

I agree that the mod 16 did not come perfect , but it is what is to be built upon for next mods.

I like scaling system and the challenge it brings because long gone the whole speed running this was really stupid.

My Final Question for you is this if you read my whole reply: What was really destroyed I would like to know ?

@nitocris83 you guys win, I have not felt that excitement about the game & theorizing what I could do to improve my gameplay as Tank / Healer since open beta.

This system would allow them to make mods easier , new classes , new races , new items & cooler boss mechanics the sky the limit. What would seem wrong right now, will prove it success in successive Mods, this rant is not helping & I am guilty of this myself.

We need to grow as human beings and be better they are humans too dude

I totally understand your disastisfaction about the game, when they released Mod 16 on preview server. I would open preview server , be angry after 3 hours close the game. It came to a point that I decided not to logon to Live Server & claim Enchanted Key for sadness of losing what I enjoy & many times just opening the game 2 minutes & deciding to close the game with that gutting feeling of what they would do to my beloved game.

But They are right, and it is the correct path
    There is one major thing that is missed, although I agree with everything you have said here. Well thought out review of the current experience in Neverwinter.

However; the new system has allowed very inexperienced players to start jumping into content when they both lack understanding of their class and lack experience in certain dungeons. Making major mistakes and not even informing the party that they are new.

I was in Tong today and a band new player to tong who never said anything about being new, grabbed the HP curse buff just before the Orcus fight. I then assume he knows what he is doing. Turns out he had no clue what to do with that buff. His responsibility was to grab the green Orbs and he neglected this duty causing full party wipe. I was the cleric on this run and he starts blaming me for the party wipe.

A new player blaming a veteran for the wipe when he had no idea what he was suppose to be doing. This is just one example I have experienced since the new mod went live. I've experienced other such scenarios that completely ruin the game experience. There are a billion youtube videos on dungeons and new ones being created for the new mod. Yet they want to go in and think they can learn as they go without even asking for any tips or a quick run down of what they should know.

You can say I shouldn't be running dungeons with players outside my alliance. As if that is the solution to this problem. Actually that makes it worse because you can't critique alliance members without them getting offended placing your status in the guild in jeopardy. No matter how civil you are in attempting to inform a new player they will take it as an insult and complain.

I understand its a new mod and major class changes with it impacting how dungeons are ran. I get this, give people time to adjust to the changes. But when new players are being brought up much faster, allowed into dungeons before they are even ready to face the dynamics of end game dungeons, is just plain silly.

Sure this happened in mod 15 but not at this extent. The new mod has allowed advancement to end game qualification much much easier. Before new players had to actually work, learn their class and understand their role.

What makes this all even worse is Veteran players have realized the increase difficulty in dungeons are not worth the pay off, so they refuse to run dungeons. This leaves an increased pool of new players entering queues they are not ready for. Ive been in MSP this morning with everyone new, their first time running it and I was the only one who knew the dungeon. They make simple mistakes even with me explaining things in party chat. Some of them just seemed to completely refuse to read party chat.

You can't give parties like this any time to even learn the dungeon because it will repeatedly fail over and over.

• ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    krumple01 said:

There is one major thing that is missed, although I agree with everything you have said here. Well thought out review of the current experience in Neverwinter.

However; the new system has allowed very inexperienced players to start jumping into content when they both lack understanding of their class and lack experience in certain dungeons. Making major mistakes and not even informing the party that they are new.

I agree with your point of view and it happened to me in FBI new player getting stuck in ice & I even told him how to avoid it with the animation clue and he still did not get it.

However In my opinion this is not the system's fault it is the player base fault and I will tell you how.

The problem is not them (New Players) having access to end game dungeons.

Assuming you time gate new players with campaigns ok that is great and when they unlock it through zen store or finish the campaign

So there is 40% on that 10k Zen campaign buyout and unlock these dungeons , for the new player I can get new gear okay I will put $60 the same amount I would pay for Triple A Game and have a head start. For that New Player that is investment for him he thinks it is the right way, for us as veterans that is wrong investment when you can unlock it without paying eventually.

They are still new to it , there is no coaching for them so time gating is not the solution & won't be the savior.

If we ( Veterans ) want easy run then queue with premade groups, the only flaw with that is epic trials and that is something that the system (Devs) would need to address because that would mean failure of epic trials over 97% that has new players

I agree they need to watch dungeon runs may be on youtube but that is not even enough

If you notice 95% of New Players are in guilds, right and this is my only disagreement with you however

It is their guildmates who should provide them with Dungeon Runs, it is one of the responsibilites of the guild's veterans to run Dungeon Practice Runs.

Typically these Practice Runs is made of 3 Experienced player and 2 New Players or 4 Experienced Players and 1 New Player.

In my Alliance (Guild) we do a poll for Sunday what should we run for Practice run & we vote, the veterans go with new players to that they explain the content without worrying about finishing the dungeon run.

So for us as veterans we could not finish a dungeon run that is just easy AD which is right, but for that new player that is depression and unistalling the game thinking that the game is too hard when no one helped him / her from his/her guild.

For me cradle of death god was a nightmare in the push pull phase without the practice run I would not get the hang of it.

We as humans have something called learning curve and just watching videos is not enough metric for us to say I am now pro and can now run this dungeon, let us be honest for us as veterans even after we watch the video we mess up on the first run however after that we learned the mechanic and it is easy.

The problem here is a linguistic issue , we (Veterans) are on penta core processor who knows what to do and the new player is dual core processor who is struggling to handle same problem

In Software's Machine Learning there is something called Learning Phase where the software has to have many model samples ( Practice Dungeon runs) and based on that it can start taking actions after that learning phase.

Heck Even developing software when 1 team is developing a single product some kind of communication needs to be done

If we want this game to evolve and grow it is us (The Veteran community) who need to change.
    Post edited by ryonas on
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    lol stream wouldn't eat up much bandwidth