test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class Changes with Under Mountain

bravo819#3644 bravo819 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
In attempt to both balance class variants and create more of certain party roles, ie tanks and healers, the result has not to make new variants that are as good as existing variants but to downgrade existing variants to make the new variants more viable. Examples of what I mean are, with the new Ranger Class. I played a range based Hunter, often with a Warlock Partner, such a Hunter can attack foes at the greatest distance, I would set up the Storm Encounter between myself and the Mobs, then shoot at the Mobs causing them to move forward to attack making them walk through the Storm. The Storm Encounter is no longer available to the ranged variant, thus weaken it, a similar thing as happened to the Warlock DPS again it has lost a much loved Encounter which is now only available to the Warlock Healer. I have yet to find any of my previous Alts as good as they were, or to find any of the Healer variants which is possible to solo with.

Comments

• ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    You are right
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

In attempt to both balance class variants and create more of certain party roles, ie tanks and healers, the result has not to make new variants that are as good as existing variants but to downgrade existing variants to make the new variants more viable. Examples of what I mean are, with the new Ranger Class. I played a range based Hunter, often with a Warlock Partner, such a Hunter can attack foes at the greatest distance, I would set up the Storm Encounter between myself and the Mobs, then shoot at the Mobs causing them to move forward to attack making them walk through the Storm. The Storm Encounter is no longer available to the ranged variant, thus weaken it, a similar thing as happened to the Warlock DPS again it has lost a much loved Encounter which is now only available to the Warlock Healer. I have yet to find any of my previous Alts as good as they were, or to find any of the Healer variants which is possible to solo with.

Mod 16 is a completely NEW game basically. This is do to how much changes class had done to them compared to prior mods.

The other things is scaling has also greatly changed the game.

Both of these has made NWO with mod 16 update a completely new experience for all players. The thing that Cryptic needs to keep an eye on is player retention and expenditure of cash towards the game. If both go down, than mod 16 was a failure. With Cryptic giving the Dev Bundle that cost almost $200 for free I feel as if mod 16 is an epic failure. Less players online and no one is really run any random dungeon any more. Also, when you do get into a random dungeon, most of the time it is a failure. Yeah, mod 16 is wonderful and great!