test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 Basic Melee Warden Build

Comments

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I underestimated Call of the Storm. Even with the feat not working (hopefully the devs will get to fixing it one day) the main attack damage is quite good. So, good bye Fearbringers and welcome Terrored Grips.

Also, Forest Ghost enabling Flurry seems good on paper but in reality you already rarely are missing Flurry unless you used all your encounters at once, which would be a terrible idea to begin with. So Call of the Storm ends up being better simply cause it deals more damage. Once the feat is fixed it will only get better.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah, that's what I've been using. Great aoe, I have feated it, but not working..? Argh.

Did they fix tenebrous yet..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Yeah, that's what I've been using. Great aoe, I have feated it, but not working..? Argh.

Did they fix tenebrous yet..?

No they didn't yet
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • durglesdurgles Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    artifleur said:

I underestimated Call of the Storm. Even with the feat not working (hopefully the devs will get to fixing it one day) the main attack damage is quite good. So, good bye Fearbringers and welcome Terrored Grips.

Also, Forest Ghost enabling Flurry seems good on paper but in reality you already rarely are missing Flurry unless you used all your encounters at once, which would be a terrible idea to begin with. So Call of the Storm ends up being better simply cause it deals more damage. Once the feat is fixed it will only get better.

I didn't realize CotS feat was bugged, that's unfortunate. I've run ACT on a couple LoMM runs and the lightning enhanced weapon damage is about 2% of my overall damage. I assume you mean it's only doing the base 30 magnitude and not the additional 50 from the feat, so that would mean it will end up over 5% of total damage if it gets fixed. The damage from the initial aoe ended up at about 6% overall, for comparison.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I'm having a blast with this build, thanks a lot. I never ran combat before, and I don't use it all the time now, but this is very cool and I find myself changing loadouts from trapper to this more often than I would've guessed before. Thanks for this :)

E: I recommended this to a new guildy and she was ecstatic. She literally just started and had a hard time with HR, but now she loves it.
    E2: typos
    - bye bye -
    May want to put a warning next to Apprentices' Spoils set recommendation.

The set bonus is doing 15% of weapon enchantment damage instead of 15% of the main hit (damage shows up as separate attacks in the log called "Inherit Danger" instead of increasing the attack's damage). If you remove your weapon enchantment, you get 15% of the main hit.

On the plus side, it actually deals the 15% in an AOE around you, which turns every single target attack into an AOE attack.

edited May 2019
    Oh HAMSTER. I just bought the neck piece of that set. I'll post it in bugs.
    durgles said:

May want to put a warning next to Apprentices' Spoils set recommendation.

The set bonus is doing 15% of weapon enchantment damage instead of 15% of the main hit (damage shows up as separate attacks in the log called "Inherit Danger" instead of increasing the attack's damage). If you remove your weapon enchantment, you get 15% of the main hit.

On the plus side, it actually deals the 15% in an AOE around you, which turns every single target attack into an AOE attack.

Damn, I only checked it with test weapons and no weapon enchantment.

I don't like when buffs turn out to be extra attacks only triggered by powers in general but since we don't have Piercing Blades anymore and Blade Hurricane is now a real buff I considered it wasn't such a big deal. The AoE aspect also makes up for it.

This bug, however, is a big downside indeed. And it also happens in the owlbear version.
    I've flagged it in bugs and on the latest patch notes thread, hopefully they'll get round to fixing it in the next patches.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I'm using a Legendary Black Ice Ioun Stone and the stats improvement seems quite good. Do you know how much more would I get from the Deepcrow Hatchling? By the way the Owlbear Figurine in a belt slot packs a strong punch (even if it has a 10 min cooldown), I've seen 180-200k when running ME's solo.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    edited May 2019
    Lol really. I think I discarded mine. Damn.

Completed the new set today, let's hope it gets fixed quickly.
    jonkoca said:

Lol really. I think I discarded mine. Damn.

Completed the new set today, let's hope it gets fixed quickly.

Logged on today and tested Apprentice Spoils set first thing, looks fixed to me. It's now dealing 15% of the attack's damage instead of the weapon enchantment's damage. Also, they left the character-centered AOE element in place, so you can still turn single target attacks into AOEs.
    durgles said:

Logged on today and tested Apprentice Spoils set first thing, looks fixed to me. It's now dealing 15% of the attack's damage instead of the weapon enchantment's damage. Also, they left the character-centered AOE element in place, so you can still turn single target attacks into AOEs.

Nice catch!

I updated my first post.

There only remains the main-hand artifact modification bug which doesn't work for Storm Strike.
    That's good news. Tenebrous is fixed too, so we are in business.
  • mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    @artifleur
    Hey thanks for posting ur build, the insight it brings is priceless. I have a few questions for all u guys. After understanding stats now I’m wondering about a few things. I know Armorpen and Accuracy needs to be capped. I have a vorpal and I’ll be using skirmishes gambit so I imagine I’ll try to cap crit before CA. However I’m in a very active guild/alliance on ps4 (Ruthless Army) so I’ll be doing most of the content in a group. So my main questions would be on Def defl crit resist and awareness.1st critical resist, if enemy’s cap at 50% also and there’s a tank would I need it at all? 2nd awareness, technically I know I wouldnt need it against a single boss but do I still need some awareness even in a group against mobs if a tank is present? 3rd Defense or deflect it seems like I should stack one but needing both in groups seems like a waste , am I wrong? I’m trying to figure out ways to raise powerand hp, hit the arp,accuracy ,crit cap and possibly meet the CA needed to make a difference.
    Post edited by mikewho#5331 on
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Note that “fixed” for Tenebrous means that only Rank 15 offers 8% and there is a hard cap on the amount of damage you can do.

1 Tene is good, more is questionable.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    Yeah, just one.

@mike

tbh. just concentrate on offensive stats, you'll end up with 40-50k+ defensive stats anyway. A good barkshield and a stone of health will keep you alive almost everytime.

@artifleur

Hey thanks for posting ur build, the insight it brings is priceless. I have a few questions for all u guys. After understanding stats now I’m wondering about a few things. I know Armorpen and Accuracy needs to be capped. I have a vorpal and I’ll be using skirmishes gambit so I imagine I’ll try to cap crit before CA. However I’m in a very active guild/alliance on ps4 (Ruthless Army) so I’ll be doing most of the content in a group. So my main questions would be on Def defl crit resist and awareness.1st critical resist, if enemy’s cap at 50% also and there’s a tank would I need it at all? 2nd awareness, technically I know I wouldnt need it against a single boss but do I still need some awareness even in a group against mobs if a tank is present? 3rd Defense or deflect it seems like I should stack one but needing both in groups seems like a waste , am I wrong? I’m trying to figure out ways to raise powerand hp, hit the arp,accuracy ,crit cap and possibly meet the CA needed to make a difference.

I'm not so sure myself of which defensive stats are the most useful. HP would be top priority of course. Defense would be second untill you reach the cap. IIRC, NPC's have very low critical severity so crit resist would be very low priority. Awareness isn't much better, how much CA bonus do they have? Deflect severity was nerfed too wasn't it?

I'd say HP and defense and ignore the rest.
  • typo#6563 typo Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    @artifleur I finally got to try out your build this week when Mod 16 dropped on console. It really helped in getting off on the right foot. Plays nice. Rotation is snap. I know it's basic, but thanks for taking the time to write it up. I had an enjoyable experience playing Neverwinter the last two nights with the build.
    Extraneous Typo

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    1st couple days I ran with trapper. switched to this build this evening. holy cow it is a big difference.
    I bit the bullet and switched from the apprentice set back to the orcus set. Terrible stats but bis.
  • typo#6563 typo Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, I'm running Orcus set too. Stats would be nice but damage is king! :)

In addition to a "combat" build loadout as prescribed, I also inverted Artifleur's build into a ranged variant for one of my old archery loadouts. Just have to change up a few feats, use a different set of powers, and switch to gear with bonuses for range damage (i.e. hags rags, eyestalk wrappers, enduring boots or maybe boots of the willed). The melee version is probably better (mainly due to those powers being more impactful), but this is not too shabby at all. I found myself focusing a bit more on the at-wills (esp. Electric Shot) and so spec'd Int over Cha for this variant. AoE Electricity is cool.
    Post edited by typo#6563 on
    Extraneous Typo

• teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    I am running LM set and about one shot a respectable TR in IWP with the daily. Anyone else have decent results with the LM set?
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Tales of old set is also very good it seems.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > 1st couple days I ran with trapper. switched to this build this evening. holy cow it is a big difference.

You think trapper is better or worse than pure melee?

> @thefiresidecat said:

> 1st couple days I ran with trapper. switched to this build this evening. holy cow it is a big difference.

You think trapper is better or worse than pure melee?

well. I was using a haphazard trapper build of what looked good to me. not stuff I had tested in anyway. but the pure melee is a lot smoother and seems to be better damage. i still haven't left under mountain though.
    I'm also using orcus and I guess I"m not one hundred percent melee. if my encounters are taking too long I put off a couple hindering shots to fill the gaps and use the boar hide. I"m thinking keep orcus but slowly switch out for the modern artis.
    Nah, keep orcus, makes a huge difference, especially on bosses with a large HP pool.
    edited June 2019
    no I meant keep orcus keep the orcus arti but bring in new ones for the other three, have to make the music box one of them in prep for them making orcus useless again x)
    Oh right yeah, I have the misic box, the envenomed storybook, orcus and I'm planning to get the staff of flowers if it drops or off the AH.