test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class Paragons

lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
edited April 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
I feel that now that some of the classes only have one role in the game, which is dps, there should be no need for 2 paragons and would be much better to have access to all the skills with just one paragon.

Also now that we have 10 hours Cd on encounters, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have 1 or 2 more encounter slots. Just my thoughts
Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
Post edited by lardeson on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    It did not have 3 paragons and it do not have 3 paragons.
    Most class has 2 roles now and the roles are more visible than before.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2019

thats a typo, 2 paragons is what i meant to say, and no, dc, sw, gf and op, gwf have 2 roles, the other classes are locked on dpsing, so what is the need for 2 paragons if you are just dpsing? thats my point.

editted. happy?
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

Depends on the class. The SW had at least 3. Frankly instead of ripping out a path, why not spend that whole year the devs claimed they worked on this mod and actually fix each class and make a third path more viable instead. You know, actually add value, give you a reason to create another load out, etc.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Depends on the class. The SW had at least 3. Frankly instead of ripping out a path, why not spend that whole year the devs claimed they worked on this mod and actually fix each class and make a third path more viable instead. You know, actually add value, give you a reason to create another load out, etc.

There were/are only 2 paragons for each class. There were 3 type of feats (playable or not) for each class.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

We saw where they were heading with that idea. It was Mod 15. That was supposed to be the first part of the new class balancing... ask the TR community how well that worked. (In fact don't... you might get knifed... though then again given the changes in Mod 15, "Knifed by a TR" wouldn't hurt that much.)

It's kinda' weird that they were running that restructure of classes at what one must assume was the same time as the Mod 16 overhaul (I'm sure someone at Cryptic said it had been in the works for a year or something...)

But due to Power Creep and Buff Group Meta builds, the game needed a drastic overhaul.

We'll see how successful their version of that idea turns out when we've had a decent chance to get to grips with Mod 16.