test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Negation Tooltip Wrong, Not Stacking, Binary 5% Bonus

dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
Credit to @grimah for pointing this out on another subforum, just brought his concern here to "Bugs".
Tooltip is wrong.
Negation appears to be in a binary state. Not stacking.

Here is my test toon defense with rank 13 Negation before being hit:
35703 Defense
Then I watched defense while taking multiple hits from spiders.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Spitting Spider deals 2848 (4163) Poison Damage to you with Venom Spit.
[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Blade Spider deals 6744 (9660) Physical Damage to you with Bite.
[Combat (Self)] Blade Spider deals 6609 (9660) Physical Damage to you with Bite.
[Combat (Self)] Blade Spider deals 1796 (5250) Physical Damage to you with Puncture.
[Combat (Self)] Blade Spider deals 3592 (5250) Physical Damage to you with Puncture.
[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Spitting Spider deals 1413 (4131) Poison Damage to you with Venom Spit.
[Combat (Self)] Blade Spider deals 1173 (1680) Necrotic Damage to you with Withering Bite.
[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Blade Spider deals 6609 (9660) Physical Damage to you with Bite.
[Combat (Self)] Blade Spider deals 3592 (5250) Physical Damage to you with Puncture.
[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Spitting Spider deals 2860 (4181) Poison Damage to you with Venom Spit.
[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Blade Spider deals 3665 (5250) Physical Damage to you with Puncture.
[Combat (Self)] Blade Spider deals 6609 (9660) Physical Damage to you with Bite.
[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Spitting Spider deals 2760 (4118) Poison Damage to you with Venom Spit.
On the first hit >10% of total HP, it immediately changed to this...
Jumped directly to 37488 Defense.
5% increase.

It stayed there despite multiple >10% hits.

TLDR
Negation tooltip is wrong.
Appears to give one flat 5% defense bonus.
Does not stack.

That is a massive nerf to a near-legendary enchant.
There are 600 level gear pieces that give more then 5% Defense.
I ranked that up over years of hard work and investment... now nearly useless.
Not reasonable. Not scaled to it's value.
JrUzbQw.jpg?1
I am Took.
"Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.

Comments

• quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I don't think it's the negation adding to your defense stat, but some other proc. Honestly, I think this is just a tooltip error where someone used the floating point value in the code instead of the percentage, i.e. 0.01 is another way to say 1% mathematically. But this tooltip error, has affected the ingame value of this enchantment, so it should be fixed.

Here is my test today:

Without negation stacks, Defense at 50k

With 6x stacks of negation, defense at 50k