Options

The new Mod how to get from level 70 to level 80

2»

Comments

• Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2019

> @grogthemagnif said:

> It's not as hard as you think and it is foolproof. The only qualification to get to level 80 is xp. Once you get the required amount, you are level 80.

>

> PLaYING at level 80 is a whole new ball game. For that you need 750 IL items, at least Rank 10 runes and enchants, and a Gear score closer to 18k than 4k, or even 10-13 k. You will have the option to get up to 980 IL armor pieces outside halaster's Lair (The Mad Mage).

>

> You can level up by going back and finishing many the zones you skipped on the way to level 70, the xp adds up.

>

> Those who think they can solo Undermountain in a couple of days are going to be given a rude awakening by the level 71 Spiders on the Catacombs level.

>

> Practice by doing The Frozen Heart solo, the monsters are level 73 Dungeon Dwellers (they have more HP and damage dealt, think 1-shot kills, than regular level 73s) If you can't kill the first group without dying 10 times , then use the alternate plan above to get to level 80. All my alts are 13k or less and this is how they will be getting to level 80.

I respectfully disagree.

I leveled 3 toons to 80, solo ofc, just by running the Undermountain Campaign from start to finish.

And "practicing of Frozen Heart"? Not at all. If anything, the way scaling is now that might even be harder.

Waste of time.

The correct advice you should be giving:

1) Fill all Utility slots with Azures

2) Buy/use exp booster

3) Run Undermountain quest, start to finish. Team up withothers doing same quest if you can.

4)Swap out for new gear as it drops.

Did this 3 times on preview. Was 80 before the end of the campaign every time.

Good advice for 4kIL 70s - NOT!!

The advice was not for 16kIL and above, but for the 4-13k IL 70s that think they can do Undermountain with Neverembers starter armor set + Rank 8 enchants. It didn't work too well for Barovia.

You need 51 Boon points to get ank Rank 6
    You did not set any of those conditions for your advice in either your title nor your original post.
    It was therefore misleading, sending terrible advice to many people, had to point that out.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Seems to me the best and easiest answer as to how to get from level 70 to level 80 after Mod16 would have been: "Play the Game and Invoke when you have the opportunity" and additionally "use enchantments if you have em' "... just like leveling up at any other level.

But instead we seem to have two pages of advice about how some players plan on leveling up their own characters...

Me, I haven't even got my overflow slots cleaned out so I can play or invoke more than once a day for most of my characters, the ones I do have that are playable will probably be running around for weeks to gather enough gold to give to characters who need to remove enchantments from gear previously on companions before I trash them so I will have enough room in my inventory bags to actually play those characters.

DD~
  • Options
    tharealcuber#2975 tharealcuber Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Seems to me the best and easiest answer as to how to get from level 70 to level 80 after Mod16 would have been: "Play the Game and Invoke when you have the opportunity" and additionally "use enchantments if you have em' "... just like leveling up at any other level.

But instead we seem to have two pages of advice about how some players plan on leveling up their own characters...

Me, I haven't even got my overflow slots cleaned out so I can play or invoke more than once a day for most of my characters, the ones I do have that are playable will probably be running around for weeks to gather enough gold to give to characters who need to remove enchantments from gear previously on companions before I trash them so I will have enough room in my inventory bags to actually play those characters.

This!

No need to rush, level 80 will come way before they introduce another new level cap.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    Just by invocation is enough for me. I have not started to combat (as I have not spec any toon) but a few are already level 71 just by invocation. They will probably all be level 80 before I actually go to Undermountain.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***