test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gear

diegoalves21diegoalves21 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited April 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
First the powers and skills changed to focus on what is usefull, but, people get mad at this, because of the "meta" ( as if we didn't had this before), but there's this one thing I still wanted to come up, and that is the old gear being usefull on endgame characters, with equal item lvl or wathever it is called to the new gear, I'm pretty sure that this would give a reason to ppl run old dungeons again, and increase build diversity and game economy. I was thinking on a system of grinding, where after the acquisition of the gear, we could just break the special effects from the "old gear" and put on this new " no effect gear" but with high IL and stats.
Post edited by diegoalves21 on

Comments

• krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User

well I'm not on preview and not on test and whatever, just wanted to say that so far, I'm happy with the changes coming to Neverwinter. First the powers and skills changed to focus on what is usefull, but, people get mad at this, because of the "meta"

Funny how you aren't on preview yet have an opinion. The players are not upset over the breaking of the "meta". There are about two dozen other reasons besides the change in meta that they are upset about. Without you actually experiencing the preview changes its hard to tell you specifically what is wrong or what players are upset about, but its definitely nothing to do with "meta" anything.

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    New gear isn't going to magically appear in the older dungeons.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

New gear isn't going to magically appear in the older dungeons.

What he means is, the older campaign items, like River District weapons are obsolete. He is just suggesting something that a hundred thousand other players have suggested by making those older campaign items useful by giving us a way to make them equal to the new mod items. Such as exhalting them using some kind of new currency like refinement points, where older camp items are "exhalted" up to be equal or compete with new campaign items. This would give all that older items some value.

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Making old equal to new would then invalidate the need to chase the new.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Making old equal to new would then invalidate the need to chase the new.

No not necessarily. If there is a different set bonus that you preferred, that would dictate what is worth getting or not. Some have even suggested that certain sets could have better impact on certain specific related content. The only draw back to this is it would force players into collecting and keeping multiple sets to maximize their output based on the items they use for each piece of content.

• marekarawn#9701 marekarawn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Why is the "new" Undermountain gear we get when we accept the initial quest (intro adventure, really) the same as the gear we got from Ravenloft?
    What's even odder is that when the stats comparison pops up, the stats shown don't mesh with the "differences" values.
    That's particularly screwy.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

Why is the "new" Undermountain gear we get when we accept the initial quest (intro adventure, really) the same as the gear we got from Ravenloft?
    What's even odder is that when the stats comparison pops up, the stats shown don't mesh with the "differences" values.
    That's particularly screwy.

The new undermountain gear was better than the old vistani gear I thought. Some of them I used to replace the primals I started with. I replaced ALL my vistani gear with those said primals ages ago.