test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

unstable runic resonance/boundless runic corruption quests bug

gaz#5280 gaz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
so before the patch I get a quest called unstable runic resonance when I passed by an active rune creature heroic encounter, I never got time to finish it before the patch, after patch I see a quest called boundless runic corruption sitting in the tavern. both these quests are identical and I believe to be conflicting with eachother now.

QUESTS:
unstable runic resonance
boundless runic corruption
(both quests identical)

boundless says im missing 2 gamma yet for some reason thats "all" the heroics want to give me after I collected all but "delta", i have 39 of them when your only suppose to be able to get 3, all others, alpha beta, etc go to a max of 3 only, except delta its stuck at 1.

unstable says im missing 2 delta (which is infact true), but the only resonances now being given to me from "any" heroic is only gamma as i stated in the boundless problem.

unstable cannot be abandoned, and if you abandon boundless then you lose the artifact, the resonances, and you no longer can get anything from the heroics while just doing the unstable quest.

starting to think unstable quest may of been a temp quest picked up at a heroic spot until they added the new npc with boundless, they just didnt give an option to abandon it afterwards and now its bugging boundless quest. oh well. guess ill wait a week to see what happens in next patch.
Post edited by gaz#5280 on
Tagged:

Comments

• oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Boundless Runic Corruption
    I have been doing this quest for the past 3 days. It took me a while to actually open up my inventory and check my currency tab. When I did I saw that the lower half was full of Gamma. I discarded all but 3 of the gamma and kept trying to get the 3 Delta I needed. I noticed that even though now I again had 54 Gamma the quest was telling me I needed 3 more. I abandoned and restarted with the same results.

The Boundless Runic Corruption quest is fun, but it is hard to find the quest areas, and most times I arrive just as it is ending or worse it disappears before I get there. A player can't use Zone chat to coordinate across all of the Zones that the event spawns in so that requires everyone to just hop from instance to instance in the hopes you land on one with the event and get there before it ends. This is a bit frustrating, but if you are in a party with 5 people you can have one go to each area and wait until the event pops. Is there RNG to this quest? If so please adjust the drop rates. I have done so many of these things that I am already dreading doing it when it goes live.

Video of the bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzRuKCywLoc
  • gaz#5280 gaz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Boundless Runic Corruption
    I have been doing this quest for the past 3 days. It took me a while to actually open up my inventory and check my currency tab. When I did I saw that the lower half was full of Gamma. I discarded all but 3 of the gamma and kept trying to get the 3 Delta I needed. I noticed that even though now I again had 54 Gamma the quest was telling me I needed 3 more. I abandoned and restarted with the same results.

The Boundless Runic Corruption quest is fun, but it is hard to find the quest areas, and most times I arrive just as it is ending or worse it disappears before I get there. A player can't use Zone chat to coordinate across all of the Zones that the event spawns in so that requires everyone to just hop from instance to instance in the hopes you land on one with the event and get there before it ends. This is a bit frustrating, but if you are in a party with 5 people you can have one go to each area and wait until the event pops. Is there RNG to this quest? If so please adjust the drop rates. I have done so many of these things that I am already dreading doing it when it goes live.

thanks for confirming there is an issue. what you also described is exactly what I am experiencing.

on a side note: not sure if your aware but since latest patch there is now a marker that appear in each zones map but atm it is just a black box with the words place holder written within it. this is how ive been mostly locating them since the patch. before I would just sit next to one that I knew where it was and just waited over and over each time always getting gamma after gamma after gamma.
    Post edited by gaz#5280 on
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I have the same issue currently, I posted it over on the General Feedback thread so hopefully between here and there we get a resolution.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I abandoned and restarted this quest today.
    It is still broken after todays patch. :/
    I guess I'll have to wait and see if it is still bugged when this goes live.

Nothing, no reply, no response.

4 weeks until Live? We have been reporting bugs with this quest since day one and still no fix.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE at the very least make sure that the freaking quests work before release.

There are currently THREE quest breaking bugs on preview in THREE different quests in the new content!
    Post edited by oremonger#9999 on