test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I got a good one. Odd little bug.

midgetmalonemidgetmalone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
This happens to all of my characters, account wide. When I log in, my character is facing me and slowly walking. I can turn left and right with the keys but i can not make them turn completely around. If I press walk forward nothing happens, character continues his slow walk toward me. Pressing back makes the character stop. While the character is moving I can not make the camera face the proper way, the character just follows the camera angle. When I press back and the character actually stops and stands still, I can then turn the camera so I am staring at the back of my characters head, but when I let go of the key, the character immediately faces me again and starts walking toward me. I believe the characters are stuck facing backwards. As when you look on the mini map the arrow for the direction the character is moving is correct but the arrow for the way the character is facing is backwards. I built the rig I play on. after 4 days of this I uninstalled NeverWinter and Arc. Cleaned registry of strays, checked for any settings files left behind. Rebooted the rig and reinstalled. Same thing is still happening.

Comments

• midgetmalonemidgetmalone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Almost forgot, When I open any menu window the character turns around, facing forward and continues his slow walk.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Try resetting to defaults.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • midgetmalonemidgetmalone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Did that and even uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing changes. I aint buying vip again. as soon as I did this happened.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    When you go to the options menu in the game, do you have custom keybinds or have you made any changes to the settings there?
  • wes#6196 wes Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I've just posted something simular to yours, except that my rogue goes absolutely ape at the campfire after she is killed in battle. I do know of another game that shall not be named (Wow), that has simular problems with wireless mice. I don't know of a fix for it either.