test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to balance AP gain and recharge speed? (daily powers vs encounters)

fisenfisfisenfis Member Posts: 133 Arc User

Disagree. The AP gain should be removed from the neck, as I pointed out in a previous post. Basically, the stat on the neck is a 16% dps increase and no individual item should give so much. Base AP gain should be increased to 3.34/second and the snail should remain as is.

I understand that you want a Daily to be more impactful, and maybe you are correct in saying the stat on a neck is a 16% damage increase (depending on class and daily power used). But this % is based on how things currently are, not how they SHOULD be (in terms of mount power bonus).

total offensive stats mod 16:
86.5K power
24K arpen
24K accuracy
46.5K crit
69K comabat advantage
=
250K total

vs.

total offensive stats mod 15:
90K power
12K arpen
30K crit
=

250/132 = 89% increased offensive stats in mod 16
That means for all Legendary mounts to be balanced they would need a stat bonus of 7,560 each. (round it to 8K)
Which even if Fast Action were now balanced at 10% (as you say it is) should have 18.9% AP. (round it to 20%)

Also the pace of the game is important right now in terms of how fun it is to play, meaning how fast you can use encounters vs. how fast you can obtain a Daily is subject to opinion. If you don't want Daily to just become a 4th encounter, I get that, but then why don't we have 9 or 10 different encounters like other games that have impactful "dailys" "ultimates" or whatever you want to call them?

Shouldn't we be working to figure out what is a good middle ground on encounter cooldowns vs. daily usage (to make the game feel fluid) instead of which mount power is over-powered vs. another?

Because as it is, it's doing a 6 second rotation once every 30 seconds waiting on AP and cooldowns.

Or doing a 6 second rotation once every 30 seconds waiting for AP and Divinity.

That is 17% gameplay, 83% twiddling your thumbs