test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Something about the preview

kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
In my opinion, Cryptic should at least finish their product and run the test of their own a few time, make sure everything is in place and fully polished to even release it on the preview for our feed back. Playing on preview on an unfinish product seem so tedious. Its like working for them without pay. I mean reporting which mob are still off scaling or any bug we encounter isn't our job. In my opinion, the product should be 99% complete before releasing it on preview. All obvious bug and missing component should be eliminated by then. The whole point of preview is to let us see what's new and not a debug session. Also some people might not always give their honest feedback. Some will keep the exploit to themselves and use it on live. Its always the best to clear everything up yourself than asking help from a 3rd party.

All in all, please finish your product before releasing it on preview. We are not your development team or intern. In my opinion, U should take back your product, finish it, polish it, debug, run a few test and double check again before releasing it in preview. Give it another 6mth, I don't care. Its always better than what happen in mod 6.

Post edited by kangkeok on

Comments

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Preview is intended for players who want to, well, preview upcoming changes. The vast majority of players don't test things out there, and if you don't want to, that's fine. It's there as an option to give curious players a look at what's coming. When the product is finished, that's when it gets put to the live server.

The version that's on preview has been tested, a great many times, by Cryptic and by Early Access players who do want to invest time to make the game better. Module 16 is a huge change. As a result, there's more than the usual amount of unfinished work and more than the usual amount of bugs.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I hope they do not release it in this condition. Its exactly what mod6 is like. If they need time, I m fine with it.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    kangkeok said:

I hope they do not release it in this condition. Its exactly what mod6 is like. If they need time, I m fine with it.

Hmm... People really seem to have forgotten what was actually wrong with M6, and just bring it up everywhere about everything they don't like.
    FrozenFire
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    kangkeok said:

They're allowing more time on preview than for most releases, specifically because it's a huge change. Even with that, there are bound to be some road bumps. That's in the nature of huge changes to software.

The current system is buggy and laggy in no small part because it evolved over many years. The new system places the game on a solid foundation to build and improve on. The revamp should make balancing classes and balancing players vs. content far, far easier, reduce bugs (since years of legacy are removed), and reduce lag (same reason). It allows the developers to create more interesting content, respond to balance issues much faster, and introduce things we've been asking for like new races and classes.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min

kangkeok said:

Hmm... People really seem to have forgotten what was actually wrong with M6, and just bring it up everywhere about everything they don't like.
    What do you think happen in mod6?
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

kangkeok said:

What do you think happen in mod6?
    Mod 6 was ridiculously grindey, and areas players used to be able to do were suddenly inaccessible.

Now, Mod 16 LOOKS like it has that problem-but only because level scaling isn't working properly in a lot of areas.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

It's not mod 6.

This dev team actually realized that removing more content than it adds is probably not the smartest decision.

kangkeok said:

They're allowing more time on preview than for most releases, specifically because it's a huge change. Even with that, there are bound to be some road bumps. That's in the nature of huge changes to software.

The current system is buggy and laggy in no small part because it evolved over many years. The new system places the game on a solid foundation to build and improve on. The revamp should make balancing classes and balancing players vs. content far, far easier, reduce bugs (since years of legacy are removed), and reduce lag (same reason). It allows the developers to create more interesting content, respond to balance issues much faster, and introduce things we've been asking for like new races and classes.

Im not blaming the new system or the revamp. I m not happy about how the release a half finish product in preview and ask for our feedback. I mean a lot of those testing should be done by them. Not us. If they have gone through each of the things in this game so many time, then why do we still able to detect bugs that are so obvious to anyone eye. This is clearly an unfinish product and should be finished before asking for feedback. Just saying.
    rjc9000 said:

kangkeok said:

It's not mod 6.

This dev team actually realized that removing more content than it adds is probably not the smartest decision.
    mod 6 is not just about removing content. It concern with an unfinished product and obvious bugs everywhere.