test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Serious Suggestion: Foundry Tales annual 2-week event

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
This is what I think should be done with the Foundry.

Sometime next year, launch a Foundry Tales event that features the best quests you can find. Between now and then, write a translator that can convert them from Foundry format to standard game quests. It's a one-time development cost and it would let the devs do away with the Foundry engine that is causing so many headaches. In the converted quests, put appropriate rewards and/or event currency and have some unique items that players can acquire.

There are some really incredible quests that should be played. I just re-ran The Silence of Haydenwick and I'd forgotten how awesome that one is. There are many more that shouldn't disappear forever.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    That's a really nice suggestion. The team sunset the Foundry with a heavy heart. I'm not sure whether it's feasible, but I'm sure they'll give you idea serious consideration.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I second this.

People put a lot of time, energy and creativity into some of those.

So running an event that brings them back, would be a wonderful thing to do :)
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I support this, but only if Bob's Tavern is used as the quest hub for the event. ;-)
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    An addendum to my thoughts on this - not only would I like to see it happen, but it'd be really cool for the Devs to pick a group of adventures for the event, and reward the creators with an account-wide BtC / reclaimable item (mount?) so they can show off a bit.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for the suggestion. I'll pass it on to the rest of the team :)