test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove time-gating from The Maze Engine campaign?

lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
Bit of an old-content request here, but:

The Maze Engine currently requires that you spend 5-10 days at a stretch doing "go to an old zone and stomp some lowbie monsters" Daily quests between story missions. It's an old campaign, and nobody is currently doing it unless they're levelling up a new character, in which case they're almost certainly doing these dailies along with the Sharandar, Dread Ring, IWD, WoD, and River District dailies, too. Combine that with the fact that you can take tomorrow's quest today, but if you forget to get the Daily from Bruenor before completing it you need to repeat it, and the Maze Engine is just a bit of a slog: It's not hard, and putting the story parts a week apart from each other is frustrating.

At this point, it would be better IMHO to make The Maze Engine be more like the Dwarven King's quest line or the Elemental Evil campaign, and just let people proceed through it as fast as they want, whenever they want. And there's an easy way to do it with minimal additional dev time, too: Just change Bruenor's Daily Quest reward to give a big stack of the 1/day resource instead of just one, so people do that once and get the required currency to reach the next story event. You don't have to change anything about how the campaign works, just change that one quest reward and suddenly the time-gate is gone.

Give it a thought?

Signed, a person levelling up a new character who is frustrated by the Maze Engine time-gating.

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    You can use Genie's Gifts and do the whole campaign in one day. Make the signet also to use half the gifts
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    You can, but why should you have to?

(PS: Devs, if you do decide to go with my "skip the time gates by making the daily give more" solution, don't forget to stop it after the campaign completes to avoid spamming the Gauntlegrym Bounty task. Or add the extra campaign currency to the campaign tasks themselves, instead of the daily?).
    Post edited by lowjohn on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    (Also, making the signet requires doing the daily on 5 additional days on a character who's already finished the campaign.)
    Post edited by lowjohn on
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

(Also, making the signet requires doing the daily on 5 additional days on a character who's already finished the campaign.)

Genie's gift that too!

Would be nice to remove the time gates, but since there is a way around it, I'm sure the devs would rather you burn some AD for the gifts. I didn't have to spend one AD to get it done for my OP. I had a bunch of BtA gifts I forgot where I got them from. Still have a bunch and they are kind of useless now and I can't sell them.
  • Options
    Fair enough. As it turns out, I had a toon who had 4/5 of the daily things from back when I did those quests for the Conquerer's Shards, so I just did one to make the Signet. And I genuinely had forgotten about Genie's Gifts.

(I don't have any, though, because I traded them all long ago for campaign currency while building the Stronghold, but I can buy some on the AH. Spend a few hundred K, save a week of grind, fair deal. Still, the campaign should be shorter.)
  • Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I wish they would do a few 2x events for some of the zones after WoD, it would help with people that don't have genie's gifts